Bulldozer Overclocking Guide (Performance Scaling Charts, max OCs)LN2 Results coming! - Page 23 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Bulldozer Overclocking Guide (Performance Scaling Charts, max OCs)LN2 Results coming!

post #221 of 228 (permalink) Old 01-08-2016, 05:36 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Hi everyone,

I have problems for OC. My specs:

FX 8350
Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 rev 1.2
G. Skill 1866MHz 2 x 8 Gb
PSU Thermaltake 650W Modular
Windows 10 x64 Professional
Liquid cooling custom (Ibercool)

My problem is, when I arrived at 4.6 or 4.7, the PC crashes.

I think the problem is the VRM , which is very hot, and the fact that the version of the motherboard is 1.2, accentuates crashes that I have .

I'm thinking about changing motherboard and put either a Sabertooth or a Crosshair V Formula Z.

You believe that the problem is the Gigabyte ?

Greetings and thanks for everything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #222 of 228 (permalink) Old 01-08-2016, 12:07 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 76 (Unique: 52)
Quote:
Originally Posted by red-special View Post

Plorbem is not gigabyte. Plorbem is your cpu. Its not a great overclocking chip. therefore if you put it into the absolute best board you still get same overclock results.

Your plorbem with hot vrms is that you do not have a fan blowing directly on it.
Every motherboard out there including the best motherboards will run burning hot if you do not have a fan blowing on vrms.

Overcloking is about the passion, not about how much you clock
Overclocking is not about the pefromance gains, it is about the passion
Overclocking is about the Fun, Enjoyment and Passion

Pushing Voltages And Lower Tempertures Makes You The Overclocking Champion
post #223 of 228 (permalink) Old 01-09-2016, 02:28 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 169 (Unique: 99)
Quote:
Originally Posted by red-special View Post

Hi everyone,

I have problems for OC. My specs:

FX 8350
Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 rev 1.2
G. Skill 1866MHz 2 x 8 Gb
PSU Thermaltake 650W Modular
Windows 10 x64 Professional
Liquid cooling custom (Ibercool)

My problem is, when I arrived at 4.6 or 4.7, the PC crashes.

I think the problem is the VRM , which is very hot, and the fact that the version of the motherboard is 1.2, accentuates crashes that I have .

I'm thinking about changing motherboard and put either a Sabertooth or a Crosshair V Formula Z.

Greetings and thanks for everything.

I had a UD3 R1.1. It is not enough board for an 8350 all eight cores at that high a frequency. You probably need a higher vcore which is causing the crashes. I also have Sabertooth R2 and CVFZ and they are both in whole other league despite what Iwamotto says.

Ryzen- Too lazy to list everything. ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero- R5 1600, MSI Gaming Titanium- R5 2400G
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #224 of 228 (permalink) Old 01-09-2016, 02:34 PM
New to Overclock.net

I had the gigabyte 990 ud3 with two 8350s.
With watercooling(Nepton 280L)it can push voltages up to 1.644V during load on 8350
Other 8350 I has runs a bit hotter so about 1.55-1.58V is the max voltage.
Its a really good board I have to say

post #225 of 228 (permalink) Old 02-07-2016, 10:04 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
guys , I just bought a new mobo and i'll finally gonna be able to overclock my fx 8120 black edition (125w) . I've been reading about the subject for quite a while and i m positive i can perform a decent overclock, but i m not yet satisfied from what i know, so i m here asking for more information on frequencies, processors, voltages, motherboard features and all of that. Do you guys know good articles and valuable information about that? I decided to ask in here cause after some search using google i couldnt find exactly what i was looking for, although i did find some interesting articles about how general CPU works. What i m looking for is something more detailed and practical about CPU, Motherboard and Dram, theirs frequencies, voltages and how these interactions affect system performance. Btw thanks a lot for the post, OP, learnt a lot from it!

just in case, the new mobo i acquired is a GA-990XA-UD3 R5 (supports up to 140w, 8+2 phases) does not have the recommend chipset that this guide aims, but i m positive i can safely overclock on it.
post #226 of 228 (permalink) Old 02-07-2016, 10:17 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettingstarted View Post

guys , I just bought a new mobo and i'll finally gonna be able to overclock my fx 8120 black edition (125w) . I've been reading about the subject for quite a while and i m positive i can perform a decent overclock, but i m not yet satisfied from what i know, so i m here asking for more information on frequencies, processors, voltages, motherboard features and all of that. Do you guys know good articles and valuable information about that? I decided to ask in here cause after some search using google i couldnt find exactly what i was looking for, although i did find some interesting articles about how general CPU works. What i m looking for is something more detailed and practical about CPU, Motherboard and Dram, theirs frequencies, voltages and how these interactions affect system performance. Btw thanks a lot for the post, OP, learnt a lot from it!

just in case, the new mobo i acquired is a GA-990XA-UD3 R5 (supports up to 140w, 8+2 phases) does not have the recommend chipset that this guide aims, but i m positive i can safely overclock on it.
Monitor temps, recomended max temperture guys say in general is 66C for core temps and 72C for socket.

Have a fan blowing directly onto vrms and NB, those will run boiuling hot when overclocked

Guys say in general 1.55V is maximum safe voltage for amd FX cpu, given that you do not overheat that is.

Gigabyte mobos may have bios plorbems, I had the plorbem where I cannot boot with 23.5X multiplier or higher. But setting it at 23.5 in windows works and runs stable

post #227 of 228 (permalink) Old 08-17-2017, 01:35 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 18 (Unique: 16)
So I have a couple questions,

When he says:
#2 CPU Northbridge Frequency: Stock value is at 11X, maximum of 20X, and that is multiplied by the HTT/FSB to give you the CPUNB frequency, stock is 2200.

and

#4 HT Link Frequency: Stock at 2600mhz

Is that mixed up? Or is my HT stock supposed to be 2600mhz, and my CPU/NB at 2200mhz?
I only ask because in bios my CPU/NB can go way above 2600 in settings and the HT is only able to be set to 2600 max.

Also,
When increasing the HT link higher, which voltage should I be raising, NB-HT voltage or NB voltage?

Been here since 2007. I love OCN
The OCN Loud Rig Club
Ryzen
(15 items)
CPU
Ryzen 7 1700x
Motherboard
Crosshair VI Hero
GPU
MSI 1080Ti Duke OC 11gb
RAM
Adata DDR4 2800 XPG Flame 16GB x 1
RAM
Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 16gb
Hard Drive
1 SSD and 6 HDD's
Power Supply
EVGA 1000w Supernova
Cooling
XSPC CPU block - Phobya pump - Lightech Water Tower - 2 340mm rads.
Case
Thermaltake v71
Operating System
W 10 Pro 64
Monitor
Samsung 22'' 2253BW - LG 23'' IPS
Keyboard
Microsoft Natural
Mouse
Logi MX518
Mouse
Aluminum Dell XPS
Audio
Behringer 192 USB mixer to Presonus Eris E5 studio monitors
▲ hide details ▲
post #228 of 228 (permalink) Old 08-18-2017, 03:44 PM
New to Overclock.net

for HT multiplier overclock, motherboard nb voltage + HT voltage will need to be rasied
For HT overclock using FSB, HT voltage can stay at stock and you can achive 3900MHZ + oc if your motherboard can handle it. NB voltage mobo may need to be raised.
I have a 4.2GHZ HT with a 990 ud7 24/7 stable

Just a update on 990ud3 impression.
The R1 up to R2 model is very good, can take 300fsb oc 24/7 stable.
However I got a 990ud3 r5 and it dosen't like overclocking much. Not stable at anything other than 200fsb. Refused to run 225FSB stable no matter how many times i tired

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in