Prime95 settings. What settings to test if my cpu is stable? SOLVED Needed more cpu nb voltage:-) - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

Prime95 settings. What settings to test if my cpu is stable? SOLVED Needed more cpu nb voltage:-)

post #1 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-03-2012, 02:56 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 15 (Unique: 15)
In-place large fft or blend? Or do i use custom? If so, on what settiings?

If you see any typos, either in my spelling or grammar, please let me know the correct way to type it cheers.gif

Soon there is a new book relesed in Wheel of time, written by Brandon Sanders! WOT thumb.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-03-2012, 02:58 AM
CONES!

Rep: 68 (Unique: 62)
Just let it run on blend for a while. It'll usually let you know real fast if your overclock is unstable or not.

1978 Ford Mustang II Cobra II Restoration/Build Log

"bro, highway pulls bro, bro horsepower, bro dynodays, bro 0-60, bro 1/4 mile, bro, bro, LISTEN TO MY 5 LITRES OF FREEDOM UUNNNGHHHHHH" - Alex132

Steam/Origin Username: Tman5293
Clubs (Click to show)

post #3 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-03-2012, 03:02 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 135 (Unique: 122)
I personally use a custom blend that is set to use almost 100% of my available RAM. That way you are also testing the IMC/MC (depending on the platform smile.gif ) along with the rest of the CPU. thumb.gif

(ノಠ_ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Ͼ(ಠ_ಠ)Ͽ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-03-2012, 03:08 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 110 (Unique: 87)
Make sure the version is 26.6 or later.
  1. Custom Blend
  2. Ctrl + Alt + Delete to check the available ram in start task manager under Performance
  3. Then input 90% of the available ram (e.g if you have 3500mb of ram available, 90 % of that which is 3150)

post #5 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-03-2012, 04:01 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denim-187 View Post

Make sure the version is 26.6 or later.
  1. Custom Blend
  2. Ctrl + Alt + Delete to check the available ram in start task manager under Performance
  3. Then input 90% of the available ram (e.g if you have 3500mb of ram available, 90 % of that which is 3150)

Ps! Tour de ski, 5km on tv now! Stream on nrk.no :-)

If you see any typos, either in my spelling or grammar, please let me know the correct way to type it cheers.gif

Soon there is a new book relesed in Wheel of time, written by Brandon Sanders! WOT thumb.gif
post #6 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-03-2012, 04:07 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

1. When stresstesting. Should i lock programs as sype etc? Can i sertch the web while stresttesting? Or should i just leave the comp. alone when im stresstesting?

2. question. Why is it that my comp crashes in just about 5 min while stresstesting, but i could play bf3 for hours? Then sertched the web, and played alittle skyrim and witcher 2. It didnt slow down or restart.

Is stresstesting way more stressing than playing? Is it dangerous to play on an unstable comp? can i destroy it, or it is just the restart i have to conernt my self whit? And the pot. loss of data?

post #7 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-03-2012, 04:39 AM
New to Overclock.net

You can browse the net while stressing, its ok.

Well stress testing, your cpu is at its most peak thats why you crash opposed to gaming.

If you crash within 5 minutes you will need to increase voltage.

Sent from my iPhone4s using the Tapatalk forum app
post #8 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-03-2012, 04:56 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Im not 100% sure, but it is my 4th core that is causing the unstability. The one i have enabled. Because if i raise the volt whit 0.1-0.2 it will not help. This is when i have clocked it close to 3.8GHz. But still it will work while gaming..

Can i use it like that, or will it harm the hardware to run on unstable settup?

Its a phenom II x4 b50 ( no l3 cache) so i realy notice improvment in bf on 3.75GHz rather than 3.6GHz.. Strange that just below 200mhz can make sutch a diffrence. We are talking over 10fps on lowest fps, makes the fps drops almost dissapear.

post #9 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-03-2012, 07:31 AM
New to Overclock.net

You can run it like that, it won't cause damage. If it's doing what you want it to do, then really, it's "stable"
post #10 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-03-2012, 07:37 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denim-187 View Post

You can run it like that, it won't cause damage. If it's doing what you want it to do, then really, it's "stable"

Oh. Thats nice to know! But i think it alittle strange that it give me bluescreen so fast in prime. It runs for about 10-12min eatch time, it was alittle more than 5 actually.

Then i'l just use it like this, if it is not damaging my hardware. If i loose some files or have to install windows again, thats ok.

But it handle everything i throw at it like this, so i'l just call it stable for now then:-)

Thanks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in