vcore1 - 50c
vcore2 - 49c
vcore 1.176v~

load (prime95 - large ffts, 10 minutes)
cpu - 60c
vcore1 - 65c
vcore2 - 58c
vcore - 1.140v

using the coolermaster hyper 212 evo with cougar vortex pwm fans. oc in bios set to manual awith everthing on auto but the memory, set to 1866, the ram default. what is the deal here?

edit: using MASSCOOL G751 Shin-Etsu Thermal Interface Material.... i applied four small(1/4 pea size) dots of paste at the four points of a square onto the cpu. i apllied i once and removed the hs and checked it, looked good. applied it again and put it together havent checked it since then, out of paste. seems to me that the vcore is hot too though so ... ?

#52 ·
I got the same, processor and mobo as yours matt but using a thermalright silver arrow heatsink. So far i am able to get mines stable at 4.4ghz with max temp of 48c (core temp) on full load with prime for 6 hours.
my config:
22.0x200 @ 4.4ghz
CPU V @ 1.5125
LLC set on regular power.
NB HT @ 1.250 (had to bump it up because system would hang)
CPU/NB @ 2200
HT LINK @ 2600

I haven't messed with it for almost 3 months now but since i have a max temp of 48c I'am kind of inclined to pump more out of it.
The LLC settings are kind of confusing though, it mixes in with the voltages a bit. I can get instabilities and extremely high temps with that so I just left it on low. I'm going to play with the LLC and voltages a bit more and see if I can find a good equilibrium. I will have to lower the voltage if I increase LLC though.

#53 ·
I'm chillin @4.7 but im under water, and i have a total of 8 fans in my case

#54 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyd View Post

I'm chillin @4.7 but im under water, and i have a total of 8 fans in my case
I have that same DD block that you have. I lost about 5° by going to a Raystorm recently. When's yours going in?

#55 ·
probably early next week

#56 ·
i have the same proc, mobo, and heatsink, and i run roughly 59-60c on load with my fans running @ 1000rpm (roughly 75% speed)

idles im around 38-41c which is higher than im used to idling at, but my fans are around 400-500 RPM and silent as well

Stock clocks/voltages
AS5 paste because i had it

#57 ·
update:

even with the h100 in push pull going out the top and 5 intake fans i couldnt get it stable @4.4 with reasonable temps using mx-4. the vcore-1 (in asus turbov evo) just goes through the roof (80c). so ive gone the other way and under-clocked to 1.26250 running stable @4 min core temps about 19c max 44c.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.