Good morning (or evening, or night, or whatever timezone you are in
Yesterday I thought I'd go all the way and delid my A10-5700, as the temperatures weren't all that great and I was hitting the thermal limits in some situations (I even had a couple of thermal shutdowns).
So this morning I went ahead, picked up an used shaving razor blade, dismantled it, took apart the blade, and got to work
This is the lovely die exposed
I am also processing and uploading a video I took of the whole process, so stay tuned for that too!
In case you were wondering, I lowered my load (gaming) temperatures from 72-73ºC to 67ºC on stock fan settings, and from 70ºC to 65ºC on custom fan profile
Not a hefty increase, but nice nonetheless, considering I used MX-4 on both the die and the heatsink. You can count on a much nicer improvement if you use better quality paste
I am already looking for some screws that will fit in the Noctua mounting system to run it delidded... I'd love to see the improvement