HELP!!!! M5a97 r2.0 FREEZE AFTER BIOS UPDATE with fx 8320 and 8 gb x1 corsair vengeance ddr3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

HELP!!!! M5a97 r2.0 FREEZE AFTER BIOS UPDATE with fx 8320 and 8 gb x1 corsair vengeance ddr3

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-23-2013, 12:44 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
I bought these motherboard with all my other components 15 days ago. Everything was working fine untill i decided to update my bios.Since i do overclocking,updated bios is important for me for stability.So, the board came with bios version 1903.I went to the asus support page and saw new bios 2006 for dis motherboard.
I downloaded the file in a usb and updated the bios from ASUS EZ Flash 2 Utility from within the bios.

It showed that the update was successful and system will restart.
But as soon as the system restarted it got stuck with American Megatrends nothing else was displayed no error nothing my keyboard got hanged so i was not able to get in the bios also,though my cpu fans where running.also my cpu started with a post 1 beep sound.
I called the support in india and they tried to trouble shoot it with cmos clearing with battery removal as well as jumper switch..but nothing same problem.
So, they told me to go to the service centre and drop my motherboard for either repair or replacement.
Today, i went and dropped my motherboad.
My only concern why did these problem occured after successful update of the bios.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-23-2013, 01:14 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 8 (Unique: 8)
Never update bios if you don't have problem with current version smile.gif
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-23-2013, 02:11 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Ya lesson learned...biggrin.gif but the fact I was lured into updating because it was written new bios improved stability.... : |
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-02-2013, 07:18 PM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 28 (Unique: 28)
I was also thinking about updating my bios. I have the same mobo, but the LE version. But after reading this, I think I will leave it alone!

Did you ever figure out what was wrong?

Ryzen 1600 stock - Gigabyte GA-AB350M-DS3H (X370) - Patriot Viper 4GBx2 2133 @ 3000 - Inland/PhisonE8 NVMe 256GB - XFX RX570 4GB - Corsair 430w v2.3 - Antec One mATX - 2x24" 1200p HPZR24w
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-03-2013, 08:40 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

na..when i gave the board for rma they said that the new bios is unstable and is not compatible with my current configuration...they are currently replacing my board. smile.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in