Ryzen Essential Info with link to owners info DB - Page 34 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Ryzen Essential Info with link to owners info DB

post #331 of 359 (permalink) Old 07-16-2017, 03:47 AM - Thread Starter
Meddling user

Rep: 774 (Unique: 354)
Added plus another from that site smile.gif .

I was so surprised how this information was so similar to The Stilt's testing which he posted before, aware it was not his although in AMD article.

From the article :-
Quote:
DDR4-3200 “maxed” settings: tCL =12, tRCDW/R = 12, tRP = 12, tRAS = 28, tRC = 54, tWR = 12, tWCL = 9, tRFC = 224, tRTP = 8, tRDRDSCL = 2, tWRWRSCL = 2, ProcODT = 60Ω.
DDR4-3466 “tuned” settings: tCL = 14, tRCDR/W = 14, tRP = 14, tRAS = 28, ProcODT = 60Ω, CR = 1T, GDM = Disabled, BGS = Disabled.
DDR4-3520 “tuned” settings: tCL = 14, tRCDW/R = 14, tRP = 14, tRAS = 30, tRC = 56, tWR = 14, tWCL = 12, tRFC = 312, ProcODT = 53.3Ω.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stilt View Post

3200MHz = 12-12-12-28-54-140ns-9-8-12-2-2-GDME-1T (tCL-tRCDR/W-tRP-tRAS-tRC-tRFC-tCWL-tRTP-tWR-tWRWRSCL-tRDRDSCL)
3466MHz = 14-14-14-28-54-192ns-14-8-12-2-2-GDMD-1T (tCL-tRCDR/W-tRP-tRAS-tRC-tRFC-tCWL-tRTP-tWR-tWRWRSCL-tRDRDSCL)

140ns @ 3200MHz = 224 CLK
192ns @ 3466MHz = 333 CLK

He also did 3520MHz.
Quote:
3520MHz 14-14-14-56-177ns-BGSD = 125.07fps

I think the compare of single rank vs dual rank should have been with BGS Off on single rank IMO.

I noted as soon as that article came up on AMD community site, there were Ryzen owners posting on xyz site should I get dual rank RAM?

To me it seems single rank is still better for OC'ing and tweaking. The gap is small in performance, but the headache that dual rank can give from reading owners posts I'd rather not have. Perhaps as AGESA improve things will get better. Even now after ~4mths from launch, Samsung B die single rank 2x 8GB IMO is the sweet spot for compatibility / stability / OCability / Tweakability.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #332 of 359 (permalink) Old 07-17-2017, 01:55 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 354 (Unique: 199)
I agree, I have both SR B-Die and DR E-Die and for out of the box performance the E-Die is "slightly" faster in Synthetics but in gaming it's indistinguishable, the SR B-Die however does allow for higher clocks speeds (at least on my setup) which ultimately leads to higher performance overall.

I will freely admit however that I'm not much for memory tweaking tongue.gif

AMD Community Manager for ANZ

post #333 of 359 (permalink) Old 07-17-2017, 02:01 AM
either freeze or burn

Rep: 459 (Unique: 230)
Your Forum Title needs to be changed. tongue.gif

Memory tweaks on this platform is crazy. My tweaks lead to nowhere.

D I S C L A I M E R
If you find a posting or message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a posting, complain to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #334 of 359 (permalink) Old 07-21-2017, 07:12 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Wrong thread? Sorry
post #335 of 359 (permalink) Old 07-25-2017, 10:08 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gupsterg View Post

Hi gupsterg,

I believe some of the information in the "Which PState to edit?" sub menu needs to be corrected.

For the 1700x and 1800x a VID of 20 is 1.35v not 1.375.

And under "Setting up PState 0 OC on C6H"
Quote:
When using UEFI PState 0 OC with offset mode voltage for VCORE, disable Core Performance Boost on Extreme Tweaker page, there is no need to set the one in AMD CBS menu as that will reset on a memory training fail boot (Q-Code: F9), resulting in possible over volting of CPU, see info at top of OP

Is this still relevant given newer AGESA updates have enforced 'OC mode' for P State overclocks and AMD's documentation states C State Boost is disabled when in OC mode?

I might be misinterpreting what C State Boost is, but my understanding was it's referring to Core Performance Boost.
post #336 of 359 (permalink) Old 07-25-2017, 10:25 PM
Always Learning

Rep: 76 (Unique: 39)
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew87 View Post

Hi gupsterg,

I believe some of the information in the "Which PState to edit?" sub menu needs to be corrected.

Is this still relevant given newer AGESA updates have enforced 'OC mode' for P State overclocks and AMD's documentation states C State Boost is disabled when in OC mode?

I might be misinterpreting what C State Boost is, but my understanding was it's referring to Core Performance Boost.

C-State and Core Performance Boost are two different things.
post #337 of 359 (permalink) Old 07-26-2017, 02:33 AM
New to Overclock.net

Hi guys
Currently playing with my C6H, and I have some questions:

The PLL Voltage does it make any difference? ATM is on Auto, fixing it to some value would reduce temps?

Any way to lower a bit the temps? Reaching 70° on cinebench with a R1 and the grizzly kryonaut seems a bit high for having only [email protected] LLC 3 and the Ram set to 3200mhz using the DOCP profile. SoC is at 1.1V fixed.

Any help is appreciated guys!

post #338 of 359 (permalink) Old 07-26-2017, 03:28 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 98 (Unique: 48)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert1007 View Post

Hi guys
Currently playing with my C6H, and I have some questions:

The PLL Voltage does it make any difference? ATM is on Auto, fixing it to some value would reduce temps?

Any way to lower a bit the temps? Reaching 70° on cinebench with a R1 and the grizzly kryonaut seems a bit high for having only [email protected] LLC 3 and the Ram set to 3200mhz using the DOCP profile. SoC is at 1.1V fixed.

Any help is appreciated guys!

We have test results from Changing PLL values and effected temps in PLL section of the first post in this thread. There are different testscenarios including combinations with Sense skew etc.

My suggestion is keep it manual on 1.8 and don't think to much about it. You can't lower REAL temps with skews or values..they are there just for calculations. And default behavior is best way, AMD and or ASUS made those.

post #339 of 359 (permalink) Old 07-26-2017, 03:49 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestynl View Post

We have test results from Changing PLL values and effected temps in PLL section of the first post in this thread. There are different testscenarios including combinations with Sense skew etc.

My suggestion is keep it manual on 1.8 and don't think to much about it. You can't lower REAL temps with skews or values..they are there just for calculations. And default behavior is best way, AMD and or ASUS made those.

Sorry, didn't saw that part on the first post, my fault.

So I will fix PLL on 1.8V, disable SenseMi Skew and then use tDie or Tctl-20° to obtain the real CPU temp. Is that ok?

Thanks!

post #340 of 359 (permalink) Old 07-26-2017, 11:54 AM - Thread Starter
Meddling user

Rep: 774 (Unique: 354)
Quote:

Hi gupsterg,

Sorted the typo, cheers thumb.gif .
Quote:

C-State Boost in the AMD Ryzen Processor and AMD Ryzen Master Overclocking Users Guide is referring to Precision Boost / XFR.

Ref above, 4000MHz is stated as C-State Boost (above), ie Precision Boost (below).

So rest of the cores are idle or or in C-State from what I can tell.

XFR then takes the C-State Boost / Precision Boost to 4.1GHz on 1800X.
Quote:
For the 1800X SKU the clock configuration is following:

- 3.6GHz all core frequency (MACF)
- 3.7GHz maximum all core XFR ceiling (ACXFRC)
- 4.0GHz single core frequency (MSCF)
- 4.1GHz maximum single core XFR ceiling (SCXFRC)

Core Performance Boost in the UEFI disables PB/XFR.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in