[Official] RYZEN 5 Owners Club - Page 380 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] RYZEN 5 Owners Club

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #3791 of 3825 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 01:07 PM
AMD OVERLOCKER
 
rastaviper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: CYPRUS
Posts: 146
Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
@rdr09
@gerardfraser

I followed your tip guys and fired all cores at 4300 through Ryzen Master.
The results are pretty good:
CB15: 1691
CB20: 500-3896

For 4350mhz, it's impossible to run CB15. I get a restart every time, no matter if I put the Voltage anything till 1.4v
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cb_r15_1691_4290mhz.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	525.6 KB
ID:	296426  

Click image for larger version

Name:	cb_r20_mc_3896_4290mhz.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	570.8 KB
ID:	296428  


  • Ryzen 3600x @4300 v1.34
  • Gigabyte Aorus Elite x570
  • G-SkillLL F4-3200C15D-16GTZ Trident Z Series CL15 Bdies @3733 16-15-15-1T 1.39v
Offical Ryzen 5 3600x Owner!
rastaviper is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3792 of 3825 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 06:02 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
gerardfraser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 683
Rep: 83 (Unique: 63)
You do not need higher than 4300Mhz,anything higher ,it is a rare thing to achieve on a 3600X. If your stable at ALL Core overclock of 4300Nhz then that is faster than a 4400Mhz PBO boost clock.
Also dude you do not have your Ram timings set correctly,your tRFC is not holding proper timing for your ram.That means you may have tRFC set to low in BIOS,so set it higher to read properly or if you set it that way forget what I said.

Now here is a 4425Mhz All Core overclock for you to try.

Last edited by gerardfraser; 09-16-2019 at 06:21 PM.
gerardfraser is offline  
post #3793 of 3825 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 10:28 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Torvi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Wellingborough
Posts: 898
Rep: 18 (Unique: 16)
Got a question guys, whenever i oc on ryzen master the clock doesn't stay, meaning that after i shut down my pc and start it up again it will go back to stock clocks, why does it happen?

r5-1600 4.0 1.337vcore 2735 cb20 score
amd wraith prism cpu cooler
b450m asus prime motherboard
16gb ddr4 2933mhz oc'd cl 16 hyperx ram
gtx 1050ti 4gb low power
Torvi is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3794 of 3825 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 11:38 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
rdr09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: From the US but lives in Africa
Posts: 18,646
Rep: 863 (Unique: 631)
Quote: Originally Posted by rastaviper View Post
@rdr09
@gerardfraser

I followed your tip guys and fired all cores at 4300 through Ryzen Master.
The results are pretty good:
CB15: 1691
CB20: 500-3896

For 4350mhz, it's impossible to run CB15. I get a restart every time, no matter if I put the Voltage anything till 1.4v
Nice.

Quote: Originally Posted by gerardfraser View Post
You do not need higher than 4300Mhz,anything higher ,it is a rare thing to achieve on a 3600X. If your stable at ALL Core overclock of 4300Nhz then that is faster than a 4400Mhz PBO boost clock.
Also dude you do not have your Ram timings set correctly,your tRFC is not holding proper timing for your ram.That means you may have tRFC set to low in BIOS,so set it higher to read properly or if you set it that way forget what I said.

Now here is a 4425Mhz All Core overclock for you to try.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfvjyNeQfd8&t=0s
Missed it. What voltage?

Quote: Originally Posted by Torvi View Post
Got a question guys, whenever i oc on ryzen master the clock doesn't stay, meaning that after i shut down my pc and start it up again it will go back to stock clocks, why does it happen?
You have to transfer your settings from RM (if found stable) to the BIOS for a more permanent state. Save settings in a profile in BIOS.

[email protected] 6 http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2211392 4.6 @ 4 http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2216580
5.0 @ 8 http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2511322
2nd AMD Build
(10 items)
CPU
2700
Motherboard
X470
GPU
290
RAM
3200 CL14
Hard Drive
1000
Power Supply
700
Case
212
Operating System
10/64
Monitor
40 1080
Keyboard
M100
▲ hide details ▲
rdr09 is online now  
post #3795 of 3825 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 12:03 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Torvi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Wellingborough
Posts: 898
Rep: 18 (Unique: 16)
Thanks! I will do it once im home from work Another question though, on specs it says that r5-1600 is compatibile with up to 2666mhz ram and i wonder if overclocking my ram will give me any performance boost when they are already at 2666 or should i rather try to lower timings by 1-2cl?


Edit:

My ram is HyperX Fury black 16gb 2666mhz 16cl

r5-1600 4.0 1.337vcore 2735 cb20 score
amd wraith prism cpu cooler
b450m asus prime motherboard
16gb ddr4 2933mhz oc'd cl 16 hyperx ram
gtx 1050ti 4gb low power
Torvi is offline  
post #3796 of 3825 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 12:18 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
MishelLngelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Posts: 1,948
Rep: 46 (Unique: 33)
Quote: Originally Posted by Torvi View Post
Thanks! I will do it once im home from work Another question though, on specs it says that r5-1600 is compatibile with up to 2666mhz ram and i wonder if overclocking my ram will give me any performance boost when they are already at 2666 or should i rather try to lower timings by 1-2cl?


Edit:

My ram is HyperX Fury black 16gb 2666mhz 16cl
Up to 3200MHz is some border line over which there are sharply diminishing returns for overall system benchmarks for 1st and 2nd gen Ryzen but different programs/games may use the speed differently. They range from no boost to quite a bit.

Asus Prime x470 Pro BIOS 5220 1003ABBA
R7 3700x. CM Nepton 140XL
2 x Kingston HyperX KHX3600C17D4/8GX
Samsung 960 Evo 250GB
Asus strix 570 OC 4gb
MishelLngelo is offline  
post #3797 of 3825 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 12:39 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Torvi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Wellingborough
Posts: 898
Rep: 18 (Unique: 16)
Im seeing people testing their ryzens with older versions of cinebench, why is that? is the version 20 testing not good enough?

r5-1600 4.0 1.337vcore 2735 cb20 score
amd wraith prism cpu cooler
b450m asus prime motherboard
16gb ddr4 2933mhz oc'd cl 16 hyperx ram
gtx 1050ti 4gb low power
Torvi is offline  
post #3798 of 3825 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 03:45 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
kevindd992002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Philippines
Posts: 10,988
Rep: 85 (Unique: 67)
So is the sept 10 BIOS fix as effective as AMD advertises it?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

My Rig
(14 items)
CPU
Intel® Core™ i7-8700K
Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE
GPU
EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING
RAM
G.SKILL F4-3200C14D-16GTZKW TridentZ Series
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 EVO NVMe (OS Drive)
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO
Power Supply
SeaSonic Platinum-760 (SS-760XP) Power Supply
Cooling
Custom Watercooling Loop
Case
Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Glass
Operating System
Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise
Monitor
Dell S2716DG Gaming Monitor
Keyboard
Ducky Shine 3
Mouse
Roccat Savu
Mousepad
Steelseries Qck
▲ hide details ▲
kevindd992002 is offline  
post #3799 of 3825 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 03:59 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
MishelLngelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Posts: 1,948
Rep: 46 (Unique: 33)
Quote: Originally Posted by Torvi View Post
Im seeing people testing their ryzens with older versions of cinebench, why is that? is the version 20 testing not good enough?
Well, r20 is "heavier" than r15 so r15 is more suited for earlier CPUs. It wasn't updated for while so it doesn't really reflect system upgrades or Maxon software which it was initially made for.

Asus Prime x470 Pro BIOS 5220 1003ABBA
R7 3700x. CM Nepton 140XL
2 x Kingston HyperX KHX3600C17D4/8GX
Samsung 960 Evo 250GB
Asus strix 570 OC 4gb
MishelLngelo is offline  
post #3800 of 3825 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 04:01 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
MishelLngelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Posts: 1,948
Rep: 46 (Unique: 33)
Quote: Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post
So is the sept 10 BIOS fix as effective as AMD advertises it?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Jury is still out until other changes in BIOS are made by MB manufacturers.

Asus Prime x470 Pro BIOS 5220 1003ABBA
R7 3700x. CM Nepton 140XL
2 x Kingston HyperX KHX3600C17D4/8GX
Samsung 960 Evo 250GB
Asus strix 570 OC 4gb
MishelLngelo is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off