FX giving bad FPS? Here's how to tune your old FX to give better in game performance... - Page 60 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

FX giving bad FPS? Here's how to tune your old FX to give better in game performance...

post #591 of 612 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 07:10 AM - Thread Starter
Useful idiot

Rep: 80 (Unique: 46)
Quote: Originally Posted by TekG View Post
About any stress test, do you have any tips?
Working with Prime 95 and intel burning test AVX version (i've to find the latest version). About ram HCI in windows mode 8x stance with not all ram (like 95%) until 400%.
FX cpu's are generally stable if you can pass a "very high" test for 20 runs... that test is so much overkill it'll usually detect ram issues before mem test will, or at least faster. I think it's because it stresses not only the core, but cpu/nb and ram all at the same time... prime 95 is good for testing as well, but it takes a seriously long time to run the full range of testing to complete. OCCT offers linepack testing as well... but honestly... once 20 runs of IBT/avx had completed with no errors, I had no issues on my fx rigs....

Intel who?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #592 of 612 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 09:47 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 462 (Unique: 262)
Quote: Originally Posted by TekG View Post
Ok thank you very much for the advise. So i cannot bump up the CPU NB with his multiplier alon, without changing the "FSB right?
About rams....had some room to goo ahead, but never had stability ahead 1600 on a MSI 970 gaming...maybe with a sabertooth r2, things can be better.

Can the cpu nb overclock give me some improvemnt even wuth 1600 rams?
Guess I missed this post, MSI's 970 gaming with the latest bios shouldn't hold ram clocks back very much compared to other boards . I've managed cl 9 2200, cl 10 2400 and cl 12 2600 mhz on mine - nearly identical to what I get on my CHV-Z's .
post #593 of 612 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 10:41 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Thanks, i said causei never had stability after 6 h of prime 95 test (totally don't remember nothing about settings.
At the moment i've a Asus sabertooth r2. I will try to go ahead with ram after bumping the Cpu nb at 2600
I will follow the overclocking guide (have to remember to disable APM or i will have throthling if i do not remember wrong.

Thank you very much. i will go with only IBT at the moment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #594 of 612 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 12:29 PM
AMD OC'ing Enthusiast

Rep: 104 (Unique: 82)
Make sure you go into the DIGI+ power settings, and enable the maximum cpu current limit, and make sure LLC for the northrbidge is regular.

Then try 2600mhz NB and 1.35 volts. If no go, try 1.375. If that is not stable, back down to 1.35, add a little vcore to the cpu, as with a faster NB, comes more stress on cpu.
post #595 of 612 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 07:53 AM
New to Overclock.net

Hello guys. Does anyone know where i can find an update IBT AVX version?
Still prime 95 ver. 29,4 still usable or the new AVXII are an overkill as a stress test (reading in many thread)?

Thank you very much
post #596 of 612 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 08:52 AM
AMD OC'ing Enthusiast

For AMD FX?

Just google intelburntest under majorgeek, will be labeled agent GOD.

If that is the version you have, just before starting the test, right click the start button and hit xtreme stress mode.

That alone is a heavier test and allows a little faster flaw finding
post #597 of 612 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 01:58 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by mattliston View Post
For AMD FX?

Just google intelburntest under majorgeek, will be labeled agent GOD.

If that is the version you have, just before starting the test, right click the start button and hit xtreme stress mode.

That alone is a heavier test and allows a little faster flaw finding
Okok, let's start to have some stability with "Xtreme stress mode" freeze after like 30 seconds with nice squares and pixel on monitor.
Working on it.
And about Majorgeek, i found that version downloaded from ther, give less (gflops 30 instead 60) of the "AVX" version found in another topic...uhm....

Last edited by TekG; 02-12-2019 at 02:28 AM.
post #598 of 612 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 03:16 PM
AMD OC'ing Enthusiast

Dont go by the gflops results. Use that merely as a loose comparison between multiple runs/tests of the same type.

Sometimes you will see a run take much longer, get much less gflops, yet still pass. A sign that it is BORDERLINE stable.

Also, if you can deal with the temps, be sure to at least once as a final OC check, use the custom feature, and type in at least 1/4 your ram, if not 3/4 (if over 16gb, 1/2 should be okay) and let it cook on at least 10 runs.

It will take FOREVER and a fortnight. Be patient, while understanding if it passes this, it is sure to be stable for your enjoyment.
post #599 of 612 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 03:43 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by mattliston View Post
Dont go by the gflops results. Use that merely as a loose comparison between multiple runs/tests of the same type.

Sometimes you will see a run take much longer, get much less gflops, yet still pass. A sign that it is BORDERLINE stable.

Also, if you can deal with the temps, be sure to at least once as a final OC check, use the custom feature, and type in at least 1/4 your ram, if not 3/4 (if over 16gb, 1/2 should be okay) and let it cook on at least 10 runs.

It will take FOREVER and a fortnight. Be patient, while understanding if it passes this, it is sure to be stable for your enjoyment.
Ok, doing many test for a stable setup.
I would like to post bios setting and so on.
Just one question:
I noticed that into "results" in IBT, the valr can change from a test to another, is it correct or can be "borderline" (i mean after a 40 run maxed with extreme flagged, i've done another run and "valor" is changed from 3.2exx to 3.059 exx)
Managing some options now.

Thanks for help
post #600 of 612 (permalink) Old 02-22-2019, 02:22 AM
New to Overclock.net

Ok i finished the work, tested even with OCCT linkpak large dataset for 3 h (had to increase the cpu voltage of 1 tick)
Had one question: voltage drop should occur with all power saving on, why i can't see it? Reading over google, seems that i need offset mode instead manual mode. What do u think about?

Thanks

Here are some bios spec.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp 190222092708.BMP (2.25 MB, 10 views)
File Type: bmp 190222092554.BMP (2.25 MB, 6 views)
File Type: bmp 190222092537.BMP (2.25 MB, 8 views)
File Type: bmp 190222092529.BMP (2.25 MB, 8 views)
File Type: bmp 190222092521.BMP (2.25 MB, 8 views)
File Type: bmp 190222092452.BMP (2.25 MB, 9 views)

Last edited by TekG; 02-22-2019 at 02:38 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in