[Official] Ryzen 2700 and 2700X Owners Club - Page 189 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] Ryzen 2700 and 2700X Owners Club

post #1881 of 1893 (permalink) Old 11-30-2019, 01:50 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote: Originally Posted by gupsterg View Post
Core Performance Boost is "XFR", [Auto] defaults to [Enabled] unless you do manual Core Ratio OC or say a PState 0 OC.

Performance Enhancer [Default] results in PPT/TDC/EDC/Scalar as it should be for CPU SKU in use, "ie Stock", if you set it disabled you will not get stock boost behaviour.

I do not not know why ASUS do not place (OC) by all 4 PE levels.

ASUS will not give you a new CPU.

When they say "Preset values are set within AMD specification" what that means is PPT/TDC/EDC is set to within the max AMD allow.

Now if you reference Ryzen Master users guide pdf on AMD site you will see when you increase PPT/TDC/EDC higher than stock you are OC'ing.

For your 2700X:-

Performance Enhancer [Default] will use those values.

Now for a moment hold your thoughts on Performance Enhancer menu, let's just think it's on [Default]. On Advanced page, within AMD CBS > NBIO Common Options > XFR Enhancement you used to be able to set it to Precision Boost Override [Enabled], I can't check as don't have a 2700X to hand. As that menu is from AMD AGESA it will use what AMD would deem is right in the context of an OC (still voids warranty in their eyes), it would use below when set to [Enabled]:-

Performance Enhancer level 1 is close to the AMD Precision Boost Override [Enabled] setup, but does increase Scalar.
It can be debated whether or not they meant the motherboard and and also the CPU, but I have written confirmation from them that it does not void warranty.
And it is no where near PBO on level 1, not in regards to voltages anyway. I was getting higher clocks and voltages on PBO than PE level 2 on my MB.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1882 of 1893 (permalink) Old 12-01-2019, 02:18 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
hello there guys.. how are we doing in the AGESA department.. i have been using my setup for a year now constantly updating the bios..

2700X
XFR: Enabled PBO: Auto
X470 PRIME PRO
4x8GB G skill Flare X (XMP) CL 14 - 14 - 14 - 34 - 48 (74 now) after last couple AGESA 1002 / 1003 ABBA / now 1004 B

I intend to push it now for a extra bit of performance but just making it work on the XMP make it spit errors like a machine gun some times.. so i wonder what are your results at 4 Dimms config Single Rank B dies which agesas u using etc

post #1883 of 1893 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 03:52 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 475 (Unique: 321)
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayleighzero View Post
hello there guys.. how are we doing in the AGESA department.. i have been using my setup for a year now constantly updating the bios..

2700X
XFR: Enabled PBO: Auto
X470 PRIME PRO
4x8GB G skill Flare X (XMP) CL 14 - 14 - 14 - 34 - 48 (74 now) after last couple AGESA 1002 / 1003 ABBA / now 1004 B

I intend to push it now for a extra bit of performance but just making it work on the XMP make it spit errors like a machine gun some times.. so i wonder what are your results at 4 Dimms config Single Rank B dies which agesas u using etc

I also have a problematic situation here, but for me it's dual-rank 2x16GB dimms, not four single-rank dimms. I hit a wall after 3000MHz. I can't get errors to go away completely for 3200MHz.

All of the different "Combo-AM4" AGESA versions didn't help with my problem. Currently I'm back on an old BIOS from a year ago. It is using a "PinnaclePI-AM4" 1.0.0.6 AGESA. That AGESA was the final version intended purely for 1000 and 2000 series Ryzen. I saw someone write that that's the best for 2700X but I couldn't really see a difference for my dual-rank 3200MHz RAM problem.

Last edited by deepor; 12-02-2019 at 04:27 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1884 of 1893 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 10:32 AM
1689 Federalist

Rep: 248 (Unique: 213)
I am having stability issues with a 2600x, B450-I Strix, and 16gb of 3200c14 Flares.

I updated the bios after not doing it for a long time. I have always ran this board at PBO level 2. All of a sudden I have some bsod's, but now I am dealing with the system hanging, the whole thing will just lock up while sitting idle or browsing the web.

I dropped to stock and still have the issue. Yesterday I did some testing and got what I thought was PBO level 2 stable with safe settings at 3200 c14 on my ram. Was able to run Prime blend for 10 hours.

This morning it locked up again so I ran the memtest option in the dram calculator, about half way through the system rebooted.

I recently swapped from nvidia to a RX 5700, thats when this all started, and why I updated my bios to alleviate some issues. Not sure if it is the culprit but it is gaming great ow with no issues (at first was getting lock ups in game).

Looking for any advice.

Black Box
(11 items)
CPU
R5 2600X
Motherboard
Asus Strix B450-I
GPU
Sapphire Reference RX 5700
RAM
GSkill 16gb 3200c14 Flare
Hard Drive
500gb SSD
Power Supply
EVGA G1+ 850
Cooling
Macho Rev B
Case
NZXT H200 Black
Monitor
LG 32GK650F-B 1440p 144hz
Mouse
Sensei Raw
Audio
Sony Core Bookshelves
▲ hide details ▲

post #1885 of 1893 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 12:21 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by deepor View Post
I also have a problematic situation here, but for me it's dual-rank 2x16GB dimms, not four single-rank dimms. I hit a wall after 3000MHz. I can't get errors to go away completely for 3200MHz.

All of the different "Combo-AM4" AGESA versions didn't help with my problem. Currently I'm back on an old BIOS from a year ago. It is using a "PinnaclePI-AM4" 1.0.0.6 AGESA. That AGESA was the final version intended purely for 1000 and 2000 series Ryzen. I saw someone write that that's the best for 2700X but I couldn't really see a difference for my dual-rank 3200MHz RAM problem.
How did u go back to that BIOS version i have been looking for a way for around 6 months now EZ flash doesnt let me get anything below 4406 Which is Combo AGESA 0.0.7.0A

Also Give me more details on your timings and Dimms i had that wall at some point

post #1886 of 1893 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 09:17 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Rayleighzero View Post
How did u go back to that BIOS version i have been looking for a way for around 6 months now EZ flash doesnt let me get anything below 4406 Which is Combo AGESA 0.0.7.0A

Also Give me more details on your timings and Dimms i had that wall at some point

For my ASRock X470 Taichi board, someone prepared a special BIOS for going back to old versions. I had to first flash that special BIOS and then the flash feature in that BIOS allowed going back to the old BIOS version.

I don't know any method that works with all boards. Maybe @1usmus has an idea, he has a thread about BIOS modding here:

https://www.overclock.net/forum/11-a...correctly.html

About that special BIOS for my X470 Taichi, it's shared in this blog post here:

https://shop.jzelectronic.de/news.php?id=1574938860&sw=

At the end of that post, there's a pull-down box with the files for download. The special BIOS is the X470 Taichi version "3.60a".

That said... I'm right now back to the newest BIOS with AGESA 1.0.0.4B and I think this time I will stay with the new BIOS. I can't find a difference in performance to the old BIOS. My experimental settings for 3200MHz seem to boot fine.

Maybe that "wall" at 3200 was really a mistake. Right now I'm trying RTT nom, wr, park = 120, 120, 240 and that seems to boot 100% of the time. I had never tried RTTnom 120 before because I've never seen anyone use it with dual-rank.

About my Dimms, they are two sticks of this weird server/workstation memory here:

https://i.imgur.com/LLW2J18.png

I can't take screenshots right now but I have a text file with my timings for 3000MHz:

Spoiler!

About my 3200MHz problem, now that it seems to boot fine, maybe the problem is just that one of the timings is too tight. While playing around, I got the feeling that the errors don't immediately happen when I'm starting a stress test, only after a while when the Dimms are warm.
post #1887 of 1893 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 07:33 AM
1689 Federalist

For my ASRock X470 Taichi board, someone prepared a special BIOS for going back to old versions. I had to first flash that special BIOS and then the flash feature in that BIOS allowed going back to the old BIOS version.

I don't know any method that works with all boards. Maybe @1usmus has an idea, he has a thread about BIOS modding here:

https://www.overclock.net/forum/11-a...correctly.html

About that special BIOS for my X470 Taichi, it's shared in this blog post here:

https://shop.jzelectronic.de/news.php?id=1574938860&sw=

At the end of that post, there's a pull-down box with the files for download. The special BIOS is the X470 Taichi version "3.60a".

That said... I'm right now back to the newest BIOS with AGESA 1.0.0.4B and I think this time I will stay with the new BIOS. I can't find a difference in performance to the old BIOS. My experimental settings for 3200MHz seem to boot fine.

Maybe that "wall" at 3200 was really a mistake. Right now I'm trying RTT nom, wr, park = 120, 120, 240 and that seems to boot 100% of the time. I had never tried RTTnom 120 before because I've never seen anyone use it with dual-rank.

About my Dimms, they are two sticks of this weird server/workstation memory here:

https://i.imgur.com/LLW2J18.png

I can't take screenshots right now but I have a text file with my timings for 3000MHz:

Spoiler!

About my 3200MHz problem, now that it seems to boot fine, maybe the problem is just that one of the timings is too tight. While playing around, I got the feeling that the errors don't immediately happen when I'm starting a stress test, only after a while when the Dimms are warm.

What stress test are you running to see those errors?

Black Box
(11 items)
CPU
R5 2600X
Motherboard
Asus Strix B450-I
GPU
RAM
Hard Drive
500gb SSD
Power Supply
EVGA G1+ 850
Cooling
Macho Rev B
Case
NZXT H200 Black
Monitor
Mouse
Sensei Raw
Audio
Sony Core Bookshelves
▲ hide details ▲

post #1888 of 1893 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 09:11 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by lightsout View Post
What stress test are you running to see those errors?
I start with memtest86 test #8 to check if my settings are good enough to not crash Windows. Then in Windows I use the membench feature in the Ryzen Dram Calculator program.

For that thing where I check if timings don't work with 50°C hot memory, I stuff a cloth around the memory sticks to block airflow. HWINFO shows the temperature of the Dimms in its sensor window somewhere.

About those problems you described earlier, I thought about that a good bit, but I can't decide what a likely reason could be. I'm afraid you might have to test everything about your PC. If you think the problem is your memory, perhaps you should test with memtest86 outside of Windows so that the graphics driver and such can't be the reason for the computer crashing. If you want to try memtest86, I would recommend to disable all of its tests except for #5 and #7 and #8. Those three tests are the only ones that are good, the other ones don't stress and are slow and just waste time.
post #1889 of 1893 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 12:14 PM
1689 Federalist

I start with memtest86 test #8 to check if my settings are good enough to not crash Windows. Then in Windows I use the membench feature in the Ryzen Dram Calculator program.

For that thing where I check if timings don't work with 50°C hot memory, I stuff a cloth around the memory sticks to block airflow. HWINFO shows the temperature of the Dimms in its sensor window somewhere.

About those problems you described earlier, I thought about that a good bit, but I can't decide what a likely reason could be. I'm afraid you might have to test everything about your PC. If you think the problem is your memory, perhaps you should test with memtest86 outside of Windows so that the graphics driver and such can't be the reason for the computer crashing. If you want to try memtest86, I would recommend to disable all of its tests except for #5 and #7 and #8. Those three tests are the only ones that are good, the other ones don't stress and are slow and just waste time.

Thanks for the info. Yeah it's an odd situation and I hate these ones that are difficult to track down.

I haven't had any issues for a couple days. So we'll see if it holds up.

Black Box
(11 items)
CPU
R5 2600X
Motherboard
Asus Strix B450-I
GPU
RAM
Hard Drive
500gb SSD
Power Supply
EVGA G1+ 850
Cooling
Macho Rev B
Case
NZXT H200 Black
Monitor
Mouse
Sensei Raw
Audio
Sony Core Bookshelves
▲ hide details ▲

post #1890 of 1893 (permalink) Old 12-07-2019, 09:36 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 9 (Unique: 8)
My motherboard is here; ROG x-570-i mini ITX. Going to put all together today.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in