Which mobo/ram for no-overclocking 2700x? - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Which mobo/ram for no-overclocking 2700x?

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 08:13 PM - Thread Starter
Dirty

Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
Which mobo/ram for no-overclocking 2700x?

I am interesting in running the 2700x at stock speeds, which I assume are 3.7Ghz and 4.3Ghz boost? The CPU will run at those without overclock, right?

I don't really need any features like wifi or fancy audio. I do want to pay as little as possible, but get something that hopefully lasts me 5 years without breaking. Will any B450 motherboard be able to run 2700x at stock speed?

For RAM, I'll only get need 16GB, and hopefully not pay more than $120.

I will use this PC for gaming.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 10:19 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 845 (Unique: 618)
If you don't have the 2700X yet, then i suggest wait for the Ryzen 3000 series. RAM prices maybe a lot lower by then, so you don't have to cheap out. That's one of the worst things you can do to the 2000 series.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 08:25 PM
⤷ αC

Rep: 815 (Unique: 548)
MSI B450 Pro Carbon is a good bet, it's usually $130. If you don't need the audio or WIFI/BT and such you can probably get away with B450 Tomahawk.

There's cheaper boards than that but they're usually not worth it, you save ~$20-30 but end up with a worse experience.

For Ram if it's going to be plug and play with a $120 budget I'd look into a set of Gskill RAM with 3200MHz speed CL16 (Cl14 is usually $180-200).

► Recommended GPU Projects: [email protected] , [email protected] (FP64) (AMD moreso) ► Other notable GPU projects: [email protected] (Nvidia), GPUGrid (Nvidia) ► Project list

Last edited by AlphaC; 03-01-2019 at 08:30 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in