High Temps - Threadripper 1950x Custom Loop - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

High Temps - Threadripper 1950x Custom Loop

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 10:29 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
High Temps - Threadripper 1950x Custom Loop

I have a custom loop with a Thermaltake pump/reservoir (Part number LCS PR22-D5, it's on Amazon) with the speed set to 5. It worked fine for the first several days, however I left my PC on for a while and temps are now in the mid 50s at idle. Any idea on how to resolve this? Or is the pump dying? The speed is set to 5, should I try slowing it down? I have a 360mm radiator.

EDIT: I had an air filter over the fans, removing it dropped temps to 45ish. What are you guys getting for temps?

Last edited by betam4x; 04-12-2019 at 10:42 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 05:04 AM
New to Overclock.net

I have a similar Problem with a 1920x and a Corsair AiO What temps do you get when you run Prime95?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 07:33 AM
Meep

Rep: 293 (Unique: 218)
Quote: Originally Posted by betam4x View Post
I have a custom loop with a Thermaltake pump/reservoir (Part number LCS PR22-D5, it's on Amazon) with the speed set to 5. It worked fine for the first several days, however I left my PC on for a while and temps are now in the mid 50s at idle. Any idea on how to resolve this? Or is the pump dying? The speed is set to 5, should I try slowing it down? I have a 360mm radiator.

EDIT: I had an air filter over the fans, removing it dropped temps to 45ish. What are you guys getting for temps?
Have you tried mounting the block again? If you haven't I would check the spread of your thermal paste as well.

And what CPU block are you using?

Quote: Originally Posted by 42parsec View Post
I have a similar Problem with a 1920x and a Corsair AiO What temps do you get when you run Prime95?
You shouldn't really use any Corsair/Asetek CLC, they don't have a proper coldplate for TR4. The only CLC that i know of that does have a decent coldplate design for threadripper is the Enermax LiqTech TR4. Alternatively you can use a TR4 air cooler as well.

Last edited by Gilles3000; 05-06-2019 at 07:38 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 04:54 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Gilles3000 View Post
You shouldn't really use any Corsair/Asetek CLC, they don't have a proper coldplate for TR4. The only CLC that i know of that does have a decent coldplate design for threadripper is the Enermax LiqTech TR4. Alternatively you can use a TR4 air cooler as well.
Yeah ive watched some pretty good videos on the subject and will order the Enermax tomorrow. Im a little pissed though since i just bought the H150 two months before i got the TR.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 07:26 AM
New to Overclock.net

After Watching some more Videos on the quality of the AiO Systems that are available for the TR4, ive decided to got with a Noctua NH-U14S. Enermax just doesnt seem to be a good option. The first iteration of the series had leakage problems and i really dont want a destroyed PC.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 12:23 PM
New to Overclock.net

Prime95 on a 4Ghz with no tweaked voltage can easly burn through any loop.

Most of the block for TR have + 40+ degree over the coolant temp.
On idle this difference is usually few degree, and reaches max on max load.

I have 28-35 degree on idle. When i push the CPU to stream and game i can easily get to 70-80 degree..

80+ die territory is easily the space where your cpu is starts suffering some degradation, by AMD die should be max at 65, which i have never seen on TR.

You coolant get hots and the heat dissipation does not increase, hence your cpu temps are not cooled by cooler coolant anymore.

Most important part is to keep your coolant cool. If your cpu gets to 50 degree after some time it means coolants gets warmer in time, which means you are not removing heat from your loop quick enough.
Check your idle voltage ... with default BIOS on TR settings your should never get 50 degree on idle...

Last edited by MacMus; 05-16-2019 at 12:30 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in