Strictly technical: Matisse (Not really) - Page 26 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Strictly technical: Matisse (Not really)

post #251 of 679 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 11:23 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 98 (Unique: 48)
Quote: Originally Posted by Duvar View Post
Test this what i said pls with auto voltage and auto core speed.
I think with fixed values its not working properly.
Here my results with settings @ auto (Voltage and Corespeed): https://www.computerbase.de/forum/th...#post-22896693
Those test are made while undervolting. So probably also underpowered for a certain OC. Not really a good viewing point if you ask me.

Yesterday I posted some test results with PBO and offset voltages in the CH7 thread. What I saw on my chip is when you max out PBO you probably also need some extra juice to show the full potential. The clocks where going higher with undervolting but performance went down. The performance went higher when I applied + offset. And their is definitely a sweet spot. So to much offset also did degrade the performance.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #252 of 679 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 11:44 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
Only the last picture is undervolted, i added that for comparision. The first 3 are @ auto voltage and auto clocks.
The first pic is @ stock.
The second with PPT etc @ min value (but also stock clocks and voltage)
The third is the same but with auto oc +200
The last my comparable undervolt profile (score wise)

You can see how temps and power consumption is going down drastically.
post #253 of 679 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 02:25 PM
Manual breath enabled

Rep: 26 (Unique: 22)
Voltage to "normal"
PBO + XFR "Enabled"

RAM + IF to 1767Mhz 1:1

Now i get prober boosts etc.
Better singecore and multicore performence!
Still no downvolting/idle. Even when i close all programms
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Unbenannt.png
Views:	172
Size:	1.32 MB
ID:	281384  

Gameingcube
(18 items)
CPU
Ryzen 3900X
Motherboard
Aorus X570 Master
GPU
1080 TI Founders Edition
GPU
1080 TI Founders Edition
RAM
F4-3600C16Q-32GTZR
Hard Drive
2000GB Seagate Barracuda Compute ST2000DM008 256MB
Hard Drive
Hard Drive
samsung m2 970 evo
Power Supply
Leadex 80 Plus Platinum Netzteil, schwarz - 1200 Watt
Cooling
heatkiller IV pro
Cooling
EK-FC1080 GTX Ti - Nickel
Cooling
Cooling
Alphacool Eisbecher D5 250mm Plexi
Cooling
Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 Full Copper 480mm
Cooling
XSPC Multiport Radiator EX240
Cooling
Scythe Grand Flex 4Pin PWM
Case
thermaltake core x9
Operating System
Windows 10
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #254 of 679 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 06:16 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Streetdragon View Post
Voltage to "normal"
PBO + XFR "Enabled"

RAM + IF to 1767Mhz 1:1

Now i get prober boosts etc.
Better singecore and multicore performence!
Still no downvolting/idle. Even when i close all programms
Have you toched BCLK? Probably you set it to 100mhz ?
If yes, then you can activate Presision Boost Overdrive in Ryzen Master (creator menu). Click on the PBO tab en then just click enable (bottom)

If everything else is right you will see the down clocking.

post #255 of 679 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 12:03 AM
Manual breath enabled

Rep: 26 (Unique: 22)
tried bclk. everything else than auto(100) wound boot.

I saw that the downclocking/voltage behaving is from boot to boot different for me. Sometimes it works with steam etc in the background and mostly its not working. Very confusing^^
But i can live with 1.3V in idle. As long as the boosts etc are working for now.

Little side question:
When the whole PC does a restart while gaming it could point to a problem with the IF is not stable right?
Had that problem with clock of 3733/1866Mhz ram/IF.
3533/1766Ram/IF was running metro exodus fine for an hour. Needs more testing for sure

Gameingcube
(18 items)
CPU
Ryzen 3900X
Motherboard
Aorus X570 Master
GPU
1080 TI Founders Edition
GPU
1080 TI Founders Edition
RAM
F4-3600C16Q-32GTZR
Hard Drive
Hard Drive
Hard Drive
samsung m2 970 evo
Power Supply
Leadex 80 Plus Platinum Netzteil, schwarz - 1200 Watt
Cooling
heatkiller IV pro
Cooling
Cooling
Cooling
Alphacool Eisbecher D5 250mm Plexi
Cooling
Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 Full Copper 480mm
Cooling
XSPC Multiport Radiator EX240
Cooling
Scythe Grand Flex 4Pin PWM
Case
thermaltake core x9
Operating System
Windows 10
▲ hide details ▲
post #256 of 679 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 06:55 AM
Meddling user

Rep: 776 (Unique: 355)
Quote: Originally Posted by gupsterg View Post
@The Stilt

Any info you can share as to what we could set the new customisable BGSA options to?

Quote: Originally Posted by The Stilt View Post
Unfortunately I have no idea, as I haven't had the time to play around with these yet.
I set it as 300h and significantly AIDA benched worse. 4F8h, seemed same as [Auto] or [Enabled/3F8h], going higher made no difference, tried 8F8h.

Spoiler!

Quote: Originally Posted by crakej View Post
How come some are getting 100MHz for bus clock? I can't get it even if I manually enter it.
Ryzen lacks HW to report BCLK accurately.

I just set 100MHz manually, disabled periodic polling in HWINFO and all is same as 1xxx, 2xxx setups.

Quote: Originally Posted by chakku View Post
Can't watch until I get home, but if this is per CCX why does it matter if it's a 1 or 2 CCD CPU? Should be possible on a 1 CCD CPU too I imagine?
Ahh, yes, will have to try it .

I have thos funny temp spikes. from 36° to 47°
Than it cools down for exactly 8 secounds from 47° to 36° and goes up. the whole time in 8 secounds. wut^^
Ryzen doesn't do averaging on CPU temperature AFAIK. There are multiple on-die sensors, but only one reading, so some rotating must go on and highest read may take priority.

Due to the process/density, I reckon we see more of a sporadic jump then probably prior Ryzen CPUs as well.

I loaded up my 4.275GHz Profile (already optimized for the lowest possible Voltage), after that i startet CB R20 and made a screenshot where you can see temps etc + the score.
After that, i reduced within the Ryzen Master PPT/TDC/EDC to the lowest values and run again, temps/power consumption dropped significantly but the scores are equal to the first run.
This was done with a 3600, maybe with another processor, you need other limits, therefore i asked, if you guys can test that too.
Interesting, thanks for share, will have to try when find the time from other testing .
post #257 of 679 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 08:50 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
Whats also very interesting is how efficient the 3600 or Zen 2 in general can be.
I downclocked the CPU to 3.35GHz @ 0.9V (if i set lower Voltage, System will be unstable), and during gaming i am @ 2600X/2700X (with 3200CL14) Lvl of FPS with very very low power consumption^^
Look at that: https://extreme.pcgameshardware.de/p...ml#post9944809
For me as 4k Gamer, its more than enough because my 1080Ti is bottlenecking before the CPU.
post #258 of 679 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 09:19 AM
New to Overclock.net

Only the last picture is undervolted, i added that for comparision. The first 3 are @ auto voltage and auto clocks.
The first pic is @ stock.
The second with PPT etc @ min value (but also stock clocks and voltage)
The third is the same but with auto oc +200
The last my comparable undervolt profile (score wise)

You can see how temps and power consumption is going down drastically.
Ok, will have a look again Thanks for the share!

tried bclk. everything else than auto(100) wound boot.

I saw that the downclocking/voltage behaving is from boot to boot different for me. Sometimes it works with steam etc in the background and mostly its not working. Very confusing^^
But i can live with 1.3V in idle. As long as the boosts etc are working for now.
I asked if you have touched the bclk. Not to try it anyways. Reading above info from you. You system doesn't get to IDLE because you have SW's open who are keeping the cores alive!
If you want to test if the system down-clocking properly on idle, you need to close all app/process who are effecting this. I see on the new platform waking up cores are very sensitive compared to earlier platforms.

Little side question:
When the whole PC does a restart while gaming it could point to a problem with the IF is not stable right?
Had that problem with clock of 3733/1866Mhz ram/IF.
3533/1766Ram/IF was running metro exodus fine for an hour. Needs more testing for sure
Can be anything, RAM / CPU or Graphics Card unstable! For CPU you can check windows events, mostly you will see a error event related to cores!
To find the issue you need to eliminate OC on other parts that could have impact! Run Defaults on CPU and Graphics. then check again. If you have still issues it could be the RAM OC

post #259 of 679 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 09:43 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 861 (Unique: 329)
For 2 CCD SKUs, 2 DPC SR configuration seems to be the way to go.
Both the 3600 and 3700X did 1800MHz UCLK on 1 DPC DR config, but most likely due to the discrepancy of the two CCDs in 3900X, it barely does 1733MHz on those DIMMs.
Meanwhile with 2 DPC SR config there is no issue in reaching 1866MHz FCLK/UCLK. That's pretty unfortunate since 8GB DIMMs cannot be considered as desireable or future proof as 16GB ones, due to the 32GB limitation.
Sure 16Gb ICs exist nowdays (hence allowing 16GB SR modules), but none of them can come even close to B-die in terms of frequency and timings.

Phy at AGESA defaults, except ProcODT of 40.0Ohm, which is an ASUS auto-rule for Optimem III.
tRDRDSCL & tWRWRSCL cannot be set < 4 CLK when the UCLK is operating at the limit, but that doesn't seem to affect the latency too much.
4 CLK already provides 100% efficiency for intra BankGroup accesses, but obviously it would ideally be set to 2 CLKs. Same goes for disabling GearDownMode, which seems to de-stabilize UCLK when it is operating close to the limit.

Increasing cLDO_VDDP seems beneficial > 3600MHz MEMCLKs, as increasing it seems to improve the margins and hence help with potential training issues. On previous gen. products it was only useful for shifting the MEMCLK holes, which were
present on certain CPU, motherboard and DIMM combinations. But then again, we never did this kind of MEMCLKs on those parts.

And before you ask. No.
Matisse version of RTC will never be public, sorry

Last edited by The Stilt; 07-20-2019 at 10:03 AM.
post #260 of 679 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 09:58 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 16 (Unique: 16)
I'm surprised it even booted 1T with 2x16GB. I can run 3733 C16 2T any day but 1T, nope.

Core i9 9900K @ 5.2 || EVGA Z390 DARK || 2x8GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB 4600 C18 @ 4266 C17 || GPU: EVGA Kingpin RTX2080Ti @ 2130MHz || Samsung 970PRO 1TB + 860EVO 2TB || Lian Li O11 Dynamic White || Corsair AX1600i || Screen: LG B8 OLED 55 and LG 34GK950F
Corsair H150i PRO + Noctua NF-A12x25
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in