Noob needs help with LLC on R5 1600 with X370. - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Noob needs help with LLC on R5 1600 with X370.

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 12:22 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Noob needs help with LLC on R5 1600 with X370.

Hello, my R5 1600 isn't stable at 3.8GHz with anything less than 1.350V on auto LLC (Asus X370 Pro). Though when I'm stressing it with OCCT or Cinebench R20 the SVI2 voltage only goes up to 1.306V, and when setting LLC to level 3 (it goes from 1 to 5) it goes up to 1.331V. I don't really know what to do with LLC, do I want the voltage to be as close to the BIOS setting as possible or is it better when it's lower?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 01:57 PM
FX-5000

Rep: 66 (Unique: 47)
When cpu voltage is lower than the bios setting, that is what is called v-droop or v-drop depending if it's constant or a drop spike.
Ideally you'd want to have voltage stable at what you set it to via bios and LLC to prevent that droop/drop.
My bios is worded like low medium high and extreme. I often more so use extreme to have voltage reading slightly above what I set in bios and on high it holds the setting pretty well.
For your use, you might be better to run 4 or 5 and test.
You're at a good voltage and clock speed though.

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 05:40 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by ShrimpBrime View Post
When cpu voltage is lower than the bios setting, that is what is called v-droop or v-drop depending if it's constant or a drop spike.
Ideally you'd want to have voltage stable at what you set it to via bios and LLC to prevent that droop/drop.
My bios is worded like low medium high and extreme. I often more so use extreme to have voltage reading slightly above what I set in bios and on high it holds the setting pretty well.
For your use, you might be better to run 4 or 5 and test.
You're at a good voltage and clock speed though.
Ok so I should use LLC to get it as close to the BIOS setting as possible to improve stability, thanks a lot for the help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 01:59 PM
FX-5000

Rep: 66 (Unique: 47)
Yes, using LLC to stabilize voltage is a great idea. Try setting 4 and do some testing, gaming ect. If it's more than 0.050 lower than the set voltage at load, then bump it up to setting 5.
If setting 5 runs voltage higher than desired, but runs stable, lower the v-core in one click or smallest amount possible and test for stability.

You mentioned isn't stable. The memory can also play a role here. If your running the Mem on auto, you may want to manually configure that as well.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in