3900X Temperature Reading - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

3900X Temperature Reading

post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 03:52 PM
Retired Staff

Rep: 305 (Unique: 244)
Quote: Originally Posted by mngdew View Post
Does the offset affect the performance of the manual overlocking like it does to the stock?
No. If there isn't enough voltage on the manual clocks the machine will just crash and shutoff or bluescreen. Have a 3900x, and this is the behavior I saw.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 03:09 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 5 (Unique: 5)
Quote: Originally Posted by mngdew View Post
Does the offset affect the performance of the manual overlocking like it does to the stock?
Sure it does affect performance cause you are supplying less energy for the cpu, but only if you are someone that runs cinebench and check you score every time you boot your pc. I lost around 30-50 points in cinebench 15 with that offset however I got 10-13 degrees of temperature drop. And I'll keep like this cause I'm not fine seeing the cpu reaching 83C playing ashes of singularity for example. While gaming or so I don't notice any performance drop, only temperature

And by that the voltage range I see is around 0.7-1.4v against the 0.7-1.5v.

There's a lot of talk about it around Reddit, there's a post from Robert that works at amd saying not to undervolt or use negative offset cause it will - logically - drop performance, but hey, I'm not fine with these temps and this performance drop is fine for ME having in mind the temperature drop. Even Robert saying that's the way these chips were meant for. The voltage, thermals, etc, it's all fine, that's the way it is supposed to be.

So far I didn't not have any crash, freeze, or bsod with the offset or even setting voltage to fixed 1.3v.

I'm running it with a taichi x370 fclk 1800 1:1 good timings. All round like never before with zen1. Not a single freeze, crash, I feel I'm in heaven comparing with all trouble I had with zen1 and same mobo/ram.

I've been using the 3900x since release date.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

PCDEBAIANO
(7 items)
CPU
Ryzen 3900X
Motherboard
Taichi X370
GPU
AMD Radeon VII
RAM
HyperX Predator 4000
Cooling
3x360mm
Case
Lian Li o11d
Monitor
HANNspree HG324
▲ hide details ▲

Last edited by thomasck; 08-09-2019 at 03:22 AM.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 03:55 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 6 (Unique: 5)
Well I've been running my 3900x at 4.39ghz using 1.38v set in bios. This however is not for everyday use only benching. Temps at that speed running cb20 is just over 80c.

My everyday setup is running 4.2ghz using 1.17vcore, well 1.2vcore now as I found it wasn't stable running prime 95. In cb20 it does not even reach 60c so Im happy running all core 4.2ghz.

If you want to see killer temps very quickly the run FP64 Ray Trace benchmark in Aida64. Temp difference between cb20 run and thst is 20C

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

AMD
(9 items)
CPU
AMD Ryzen 2700X
Motherboard
Asus Crosshair VII Hero
GPU
GALAX RTX 2080 TI OC
RAM
G.Skill f4-3200c14d-16gtzr tridentz rgb
Hard Drive
Crucial MX300 M.2 SSD
Power Supply
Corsair HX1200i
Cooling
CoolerMaster MLW-D24M-A20PC-R1 MasterLiquid ML240L 240mm RGB Liquid CPU Cooler
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Dell U2717D 27" UltraSharp InfinityEdge LED Monitor
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 08:07 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote: Originally Posted by JedixJarf View Post
No. If there isn't enough voltage on the manual clocks the machine will just crash and shutoff or bluescreen. Have a 3900x, and this is the behavior I saw.
Mine also crashes when I applied the voltage off set of -0.025, however, it doesn't crash if I just lower the Vcore.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 08:13 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote: Originally Posted by VPII View Post
Well I've been running my 3900x at 4.39ghz using 1.38v set in bios. This however is not for everyday use only benching. Temps at that speed running cb20 is just over 80c.

My everyday setup is running 4.2ghz using 1.17vcore, well 1.2vcore now as I found it wasn't stable running prime 95. In cb20 it does not even reach 60c so Im happy running all core 4.2ghz.

If you want to see killer temps very quickly the run FP64 Ray Trace benchmark in Aida64. Temp difference between cb20 run and thst is 20C

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
At stock, the temperature reached up to 86c (26c ambient) running Aida FPU stress test. I noticed that temperature readings match between Ryzen Master and HWINFO during the stress test while there's 10~13c difference during the idle.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in