Zen2 and HPET. My findings. - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Zen2 and HPET. My findings.

post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 07:52 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 41 (Unique: 32)
Ok.

Someone suggested I should use

bcdedit /deletevalue useplatformclock

Reasoning that if you set it as bcdedit /set useplatformclock yes that breaks things and by deleting that value the system is free to use either clock.

After doing that and checking in windows I can see my DPC latency is as low as with bcdedit /set useplatformclock no if not a litte bit better.

So I'm set and finally the mystery is over.

PC Specs: 3900X - X470 Taichi - 64GB 3000Mhz DDR4 - 1080ti waterforce xtreme - H115i Pro with 4 fans + Liquid Metal.
Per CCX OC Settings: 4.5/4.4/4.35/4.35 at 1.32V (1.26Vdroop) Max AIDA64 temp 75c at Turbo AIO settings / 83c at Balanced AIO settings.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 02:38 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 7 (Unique: 5)
Quote: Originally Posted by SaccoSVD View Post
Mine doesn't look like in the picture, doesn't show "Supported modes" or "Interrupt priority". How do I get it to display that?

Did you have to change any of those to get good latency? (your latency is freaking stellar)

Maybe Zen2 is just very different.

Can you share a pic from your settings pls?
I just run the utility and it shows them settings, not aware of any way to configure it differently and not sure how I should be setting priorities tbh. Regarding latency I think you confused me for another or mis-quoted as it's actually less than stellar for me constantly spiking 6-700μs. ACPI.sys seems to be the offender. I have an ASUS board so no way to disable HPET?

Edit: Fixed the latency spiking by not having Aida64 running, down to typical sub 100μs operation.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	msiutil.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	178.8 KB
ID:	289742  

- Ryzen 7 3700X - Prime X470 Pro - 16GB Crucial BSLT - 1080Ti Amp Extreme - Aerocool Project7 P650 - Fractal Define XL (USB3) -

Last edited by upgraditus; 08-17-2019 at 05:01 AM.
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-18-2019, 03:13 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by upgraditus View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by SaccoSVD View Post
Mine doesn't look like in the picture, doesn't show "Supported modes" or "Interrupt priority". How do I get it to display that?

Did you have to change any of those to get good latency? (your latency is freaking stellar)k

Maybe Zen2 is just very different.

Can you share a pic from your settings pls?
I just run the utility and it shows them settings, not aware of any way to configure it differently and not sure how I should be setting priorities tbh. Regarding latency I think you confused me for another or mis-quoted as it's actually less than stellar for me constantly spiking 6-700μs. ACPI.sys seems to be the offender. I have an ASUS board so no way to disable HPET?

Edit: Fixed the latency spiking by not having Aida64 running, down to typical sub 100μs operation.
I think you can disable HPET on an ASUS board. Use device manager then go to system devices and you will find HPET then just disable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-19-2019, 02:10 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 7 (Unique: 5)
Quote: Originally Posted by BlownGUNSLINGER View Post
I think you can disable HPET on an ASUS board. Use device manager then go to system devices and you will find HPET then just disable.
In OS by default it seems to be disabled, bcdedit /enum returned no useplatformclock entry and wintimetester shows 10MHz. Setting it to true and it shifts to 14.xMHz and setting false returns to 10MHz

- Ryzen 7 3700X - Prime X470 Pro - 16GB Crucial BSLT - 1080Ti Amp Extreme - Aerocool Project7 P650 - Fractal Define XL (USB3) -

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in