3700X temps/Not smooth when gaming - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

3700X temps/Not smooth when gaming

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 05:45 AM
Skating Enthusiast

Rep: 146 (Unique: 117)
Quote: Originally Posted by Jordan32 View Post
Dayum, Oh okay cool I was worried for a bit there
I think my temps are a bit high -- probably poor thermal paste application. But Ryzen chips are hot as heck... I think your temps seem fine.

Kasuf
(9 items)
CPU
Ryzen 3700X
Motherboard
MSI Tomahawk B450
GPU
ASUS Radeon RX 480 ROG Strix
RAM
Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3000MHz
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO
Power Supply
Corsair HX750i
Cooling
Noctua NH-D15
Case
Silverstone FT05B-W
Monitor
LG 34" Ultrawide (LG34UC98)
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 12:43 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Bump, I have tried full windows refresh and I am running 3700x running at 45c so no issue there, anyone have any other clues as to why only a restart fixes the un-smoothness that I see when playing cs go? could it be game related ? I haven't tried any other games because i don't really play any others but that will be the next thing I try.

Cheers
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 08:24 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 81 (Unique: 61)
Quote: Originally Posted by Jordan32 View Post
Hey, I have the AlienWare monitor you have listed using the Display Port Cable.

My Ram is: G.Skill Ripjaws V F4-3200C16D-16GVKB (2x8GB) DDR4
Yes that is great,so you are not using freesync if your running your game out of the freesync range.Try running freesync in the proper range and it will be smooth.So cap your FPS to less than the max of the freesync range and turn freesync on the Monitor and AMD drivers or Nvidia Drivers depending on which GPU you have.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 08:38 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 78 (Unique: 66)
Quote: Originally Posted by gerardfraser View Post
Yes that is great,so you are not using freesync if your running your game out of the freesync range.Try running freesync in the proper range and it will be smooth.So cap your FPS to less than the max of the freesync range and turn freesync on the Monitor and AMD drivers or Nvidia Drivers depending on which GPU you have.
Yep, this is what I do. I use RTSS (which I believe installs with MSI afterburner) to limit my frame rate to 142 (143 was weird for some reason), and it seemed to help out a lot.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 09:43 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
My 3600 is not hot but it has a Deep Cool Gammax 300 and some old Antec Silver Formula Super Glue = lol as when I was working on the 350b and wrong bios . I had to pull the cpu 2 times and reset it and each time the bond was so strong it ripped it from the socket each time without the latch being opened up to release the cpu.. it idles in the 30's and works light loads in 40's and games around 60c .

I have another 3600 going on a different board with same Gammax 300 cooler but it will use Corsair TM30 Tim to compare the builds on 350b's and temp across two different retail cpu's of different batch runs = Weeks apart ..

Ryzen 5 3600
Gigabyte AB350M-DS3H CF
G-SKill 16Gb
Red Dragon RX 570 8Gb
Corsair TX 650 watt

https://valid.x86.fr/yhrtin
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-18-2019, 11:17 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by gerardfraser View Post

Hi,

So I tried what you suggested doing and set my max fps to 230 - 240 range and the issue seems to be still occuring. No fps drops solid 239 and that is with FreeSync on and off.

My friend also has the same issue with his AMD system using a NVIDIA card though with free sync. I am using an AMD 580 oc Asus.

Thanks for the help,

Jordan

Last edited by Jordan32; 08-18-2019 at 11:32 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in