Late update on this and the power usage. So I picked up a kill-a-watt and booted up the 970 Pro gaming / aura with the 8320. It pulled 761 watts at the wall (see below, that's not JUST the computer) running IBT and Furmark simultaneously. That's at 4.7ghz with 1.644v load under IBT.
GTA V I saw 652 watts at peak. Average about 580-610 using the setup below.
- FX-8320 4.7ghz at 1.644v core. 1.425v CPU-NB (2600mhz), everything else default voltage.
- 32 GB 1866 @ 1.7v (refused to run 2133, even tho the ram can do it). 11-14-14-35 1T. Picky IMC on this chip...
- 4 7200RPM spinners
- 2 SSD's
- H55 with two thermaltake fans at full blast using CLU
- Two 120mm intake fans running at 5v
Intel setup, 3570K 5ghz, 1.496 load voltage under IBT.
- i5 3570K delidded, 5ghz 1.5v IBT stable.
- 16 GB at 2133 (1.7v same timings as above) in single channel. DIMMs 3 and 4 are dead on this board.
- Everything else the same as above.
GTA V load wattage at the wall, 572 peak, 550 average.
Whats connected to the circuit along with the computer:
- 42" Vizio LCD TV
- 20" HP LED monitor
- Sony wireless headset charging dock
- 3 35watt light bulbs
Peak voltage minus the uber high power consumption of the 42" TV, which is 200watts.
- AMD Setup = 410 watts
- Intel Setup = 350 watts
I found the TV itself uses about 200watts itself lol. So needless to say, the AMD setup was not the cause of the meter box burning up.