EDC set for manual overclocking - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

EDC set for manual overclocking

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-19-2020, 11:00 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 15 (Unique: 10)
EDC set for manual overclocking

Well I've been playing around with my AMD Ryzen 9 3950X to see where I can get it stable at a low enough vcore to minimize load temperatures. As things stand my processor is perfectly stable 4.2ghz using 1.1875vcore. My last test running the full blender benchmark showed that 4.233ghz is stable at 1.2125vcore. Now my question is what should the EDC be, what is the maximum limit for EDC with these processors. My reason for asking is I noticed when I set EDC to 200 amps it would lock at 200 amps almost instantly when running an all core benchmark. I changed it in the bios to 320amps just to see where it would stablelise and when running the Blender benchmark it would climb all the way up to 272 amps. Now TDC would be around 120 to 140 amps during the run but I'll post a screen shot later to show the real values.

CPU temps is just over 80C and VRM is hovering around 46 sometimes climbing to 49 or even over 50c depending on ambient as it is summer this side.

AMD Ryzen 9 3950X
MSI Meg X570 Ace Bios V170
4 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 3200 CL14 @ DDR4 3600 CL15
Palit Geforce RTX 2080 Ti
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-19-2020, 11:44 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by VPII View Post
Well I've been playing around with my AMD Ryzen 9 3950X to see where I can get it stable at a low enough vcore to minimize load temperatures. As things stand my processor is perfectly stable 4.2ghz using 1.1875vcore. My last test running the full blender benchmark showed that 4.233ghz is stable at 1.2125vcore. Now my question is what should the EDC be, what is the maximum limit for EDC with these processors. My reason for asking is I noticed when I set EDC to 200 amps it would lock at 200 amps almost instantly when running an all core benchmark. I changed it in the bios to 320amps just to see where it would stablelise and when running the Blender benchmark it would climb all the way up to 272 amps. Now TDC would be around 120 to 140 amps during the run but I'll post a screen shot later to show the real values.

CPU temps is just over 80C and VRM is hovering around 46 sometimes climbing to 49 or even over 50c depending on ambient as it is summer this side.

I wondering same thing, when put edc 200 vcore go like 1.45-1.50 all core benchmarck. but its rock stable.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-20-2020, 01:08 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 15 (Unique: 10)
Quote: Originally Posted by kuutale View Post
I wondering same thing, when put edc 200 vcore go like 1.45-1.50 all core benchmarck. but its rock stable.
Interestingly if I were to set the EDC to 200 to limit it there the performance seem to be the same.

AMD Ryzen 9 3950X
MSI Meg X570 Ace Bios V170
4 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 3200 CL14 @ DDR4 3600 CL15
Palit Geforce RTX 2080 Ti

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in