quick reply, my 3800x just died, replacement 3800x gave many similar symptoms and I thought it was dead too, but then found out motherboard pcie slot-2 is real culprit, hope below experience sharing could help you.
ASRock X370 Taichi, bios 6.2
3800x (first unit)
new ram = 4x8GB HOF 3600 c171818 Intel XMP not compatible with Ryzen.
pcie slot-2 occupied by Optane_900p windows boot drive.
or GPU in slot-2, where sometimes I put Optane_900p in pcie slot-1.
Regardless, slot-2 must be occupied.
So the system hangs, windows crash, game crash, all these because ram timing fault, then the real problem comes. Reboot failure. Power off power on boot failure.
************* Dr Debug always loop 33,7a,3b,b6 *****************
1) reset button not working.
2) clear cmos jumper not working.
3) pull out cmos batter also not working.
system cannot boot regardless.
4) reseat CPU, RAM, GPU, Optane_900p, still cannot boot, dr debug 33,7a,3b,b6 persist.
5) boot without cmos battery not working.
6) took CPU+motherboard to warranty centre, immediately boot OK. Dam... dr debug shows more number, especially easy to read and catch is 27, 99, 98, b2,
7) go home boot failure.
8) don't know what I did, boot success, managed to see 27, 99, 98, b2 before windows boot. This is indicator to me. Use a few days, ram timing fault as usual due intel XMP, system hangs, boot loop error code 33,7a,3b,b6
then ram timing fault again, repeat 4), 5), 8).
then ram timing fault again few days later, I had enough, seriously suspect CPU, took it alone to warranty and confirmed dead, replaced a new, so happy, thinking all problem go away....... fresh CPU go home boot failure.
9) take ram+cpu+motherboard to warranty centre, boot OK again, really killing me now, dr debug shows more number, especially easy to read and catch is 27, 99, 98, b2,
10) go home boot failure. Why ???????????????
11) finally, last suspect, must NOT install to pcie slot-2. i.e. either no Optane_900p, boot OK, I can enter bios, I managed to see quick debug go away 27, 99, 98, b2,
12) and I tried boot without GPU, but with Optane_900p in slot-1, code 27, 99, 98, b2 appears means boot success, not boot loop 33,7a,3b,b6.
13) whenever slot-2 is occupied reset button, jump clear cmos, remove battery cmos fail.
14) as long as slot-2 is NOT occupied, reset button works, clear cmos works, remove battery cmos works.
15) solution for now, M.2 socket + convertor riser pcie slot + extension cable to Optane_900p. GPU in slot-1. slot-2 not occupied.
16) ram timing fault, system hang, reset button works.
17) ram timing fault, system hang, dr debug shows new code = A0. no longer boot loop 33,7a,3b,b6, suspect because slot-2 not occupied.
18) no reset, reboot again without reset, error code A0, windows cannot boot.
19) no reset, reboot enter bios, but bios hang, unable to enter bios, error code A0.
20) reboot again A0 does not appear, windows boot success.
before this was using 1700x, none of the above ever encountered. Never before boot loop 33,7a,3b,b6.
Zen 2 is completely different from zen 1.
The problem behavior and symptoms characteristics completely different.
Hope your CPU is OK with minimal hardware, i.e. not even with GPU and SSD.
or must change GPU and SSD locations/slot/socket.
3800x Taichi_X370 Sapphire5700 CX750M [email protected]
PoseidonAbsoluteZero3 in Barrow PWM-17w DDC pump> CPU>420x140x28 TT_core_V71
ram 4x8GB HOF4CXLBS3600K17LD162C
ASRock X370 Taichi
Galax Hall of Fame HOF4CXLBS3600K17LD162C
Liquid cool single loop GPU > 420x140x86 > CPU > 420x140x28
Alphacool NexXxoS XP³ Light - Brass Black Chrome
DIY raw-loudspeaker, DIY box, 3-ways full active 48dB/oct
ASRock A320M-HDV R4.0
Windows 10 Pro
Gigabyte B450 AORUS M
Adata SX8200 pro
AIGO/爱国者A16 plus 台式主机电脑机箱
▲ hide details ▲