Upgrade 1500X to 1700X/2700X or wait?
I know I know, another upgrade thread...
I am current considering an immediate upgrade or 2yrs wait so seeking advice here.
I have been running an OCed 1500X on B350 M for 3yrs, and now coupled with a VEGA 64LC also heavily OCed. I mostly use this Rig for Gaming and some low to mid multitasks from time to time
Games are mainly Simracing titles like AMS2, ACC or PC2 or 2D platformers/ FPS like Crysis3 or BF series.
The GPU output display on 2 different set-up, a 3 1080p 75Hz Freeesync monitors(as close as it can be from 4K) and a 720p Plasma TV wher I usually use AMD DSR to 1440p.
I am happy when I run these games titles in the 60 to 75fps range and on the Triple monitors, Freesync helps when fps dips down to 42fps which is the lower limit of my my monitors.
I feel somehow the 1500X even heavily OCed sometimes bottlenecking the VEGA or not dealing well with multi threaded games.
And I have managed to get my CORSAIR Vengeance RAM to clock at 3133Mhs vs its 3200Mhz so wondering if new CPU would help to push it higher
I am thinking 2 path
1) Now going for a CPU swap to 1700X/2700X without changing the MB, 2nd hand price in Japan market where I live are around 150/160$
2) Wait another 1 or 2yrs and just replace the CPU/MB combo with B550/3700X when 2nd hand prices will be the same I see today for the 1700X/2700X
Do you think I would see a real benefit with what I called the "immediate upgrade"' or I should test my patience and wait for going ZEN2?
Thanks so much
PC GAMING AEROCOOL P7 C1 WHITE VERSION CPU RYZEN 5 [email protected]
4Ghz/1.45V CPU cooler ID COOLING FROSTFLOW+ SNOW EDITION MB ASROCK B350 PRO4 GPU VEGA64 LC 1700Mhz Core 1190Mhz VRAM RAM CORSAIR LPX 16Gb @ 3066Mhz WINDOWS 10 PRO NVME PATRIOT BOOT DRIVE