Bulldozer Inside Information. - Page 9 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

Bulldozer Inside Information.

post #81 of 175 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 08:07 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 51 (Unique: 31)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Strawberry~ View Post
OP isn't Trolling. Stop hating on the news/rumour.
I am not this is what I heard and that's all the info I have got.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 175 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 09:13 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 20 (Unique: 19)
Hi All,

There was a functional block diagram somewhere on this chip and actually showed that this chip could bypass bogged down porcesses without halting execution. since this chip is supposed to have the ability to bypass a bogged core to allow it to finish its porcess without tying up the rest of the cores and allowing execution to continue on the other porcesses, it makes sense that there would be some sort of step-by/bypass allocation unit in the design. Would it require a core, well maybe since the information in the caches is shared it would definetely require some sort of coordination between each proces that is being completed and the correct cache addressing for that process. This seems to be along the lines of dynamic memory allocation. There is going to be alot going on inside this chip. Is this the way AMD is going to handle it....well only time will tell.

post #83 of 175 (permalink) Old 07-11-2010, 05:41 AM
Hardware Rep

Rep: 183 (Unique: 119)
Folks, the "9-core" rumor is not true. The die has 8 cores. I have seen nothing in the architecture that would indicate a "master core" or a "control core".

Carry on, nothing to see here.

While I work for AMD, my posts are my own opinions.

http://blogs.amd.com/work/author/jfruehe/

Twitter: @JF_AMD

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #84 of 175 (permalink) Old 07-11-2010, 06:05 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 68 (Unique: 65)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JF-AMD View Post
Folks, the "9-core" rumor is not true. The die has 8 cores. I have seen nothing in the architecture that would indicate a "master core" or a "control core".

Carry on, nothing to see here.
It's only your fourth post and you're trolling already?! Don't see you being much of a contributor to this community.

Steam - tatakai_me

sniper.gifOrigin ID - R350LUT3 gunner2.gif
OCN Headphone Club
"Because perfect hair is overrated"
post #85 of 175 (permalink) Old 07-11-2010, 10:51 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatakai All View Post
It's only your fourth post and you're trolling already?! Don't see you being much of a contributor to this community.
Did you just call John Fruehe a troll?? I think you may want to look at who he is first...
post #86 of 175 (permalink) Old 07-11-2010, 10:58 AM

can't say anything on being legit. make sure you guys "post" your source ._.

but the 9th core probably has something to do with proper mutlithreading. by my understand, with intel, it basically tells a core 2 commands, 1 is its primary and the second is ....well, it's secondary. When there is "free time" with thread #1 it starts calculating thread #2? -- is that how it works?

the 9th core probably monitors the other cores, and when any of the cores are not doing anything it offloads an extra thread to that specific core? -- though I'm reading the thread now and I may be so wrong. haha
post #87 of 175 (permalink) Old 07-11-2010, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyeYo View Post
And quad channel memory will eventually be utilized when software catches up. Intel is moving foward; that's the name of the game when it comes to hardware. AMD decided to take a nap a few years ago, developing only to current software, and Intel railroaded over them. You push hardware forward wherever you can. The software will catch up eventually, and when it does your company will be head of those who didn't push.
If intel is moving us forward, then why don't they get other companies to move forward to actually use their technology for an average consumer benefit?
post #88 of 175 (permalink) Old 07-11-2010, 11:25 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 116 (Unique: 95)
Quote:
lol he's new to OC.net but check xtreme systems or AMD-Zone. Or even his personal blog: http://blogs.amd.com/work/author/jfruehe/

post #89 of 175 (permalink) Old 07-11-2010, 11:29 AM
Gone

Rep: 541 (Unique: 328)
Quote:
if thats the same JF-AMD on XS, hes actually an AMD marketing REP. :\\

post #90 of 175 (permalink) Old 07-11-2010, 11:45 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 200 (Unique: 120)
SICK. Now I have changed my mind and am going to build an AMD Bulldozer vs. the Intel Sandy Bridge for my college build next year.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in