1055T overclocking guide!

post #21 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-09-2011, 07:56 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 147 (Unique: 137)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandMax;11931269 
Great guide.

Rep+ biggrin.gif

I am about to overclock my 1055t (PSU arrives on Monday applaud.gif).

I have a sub-par MB with 4+1 phase so I'll stick with stock voltages. I have flipped my Antec Tricool rear fan so that is shoots inside my case and made a sheet metal deflector to redirect the air flow to the Mosfet heatsink. Since I got an Antec 900, the 200mm fan at high will be plenty provide good airflow in addition to the other fans (one side and 2 front 120mm)

I will stick to stock voltage (1.28V). Q1: Do I need to force it into the BIOS or can I leave it to auto? I hope to achieve 3.5GHz with a FSB of 250 with stock NB, HT and RAM speeds.

Q2: Am I taking stupid risks? Should I forget overclocking with that board.

Please comment.

I wouldn't push much past 1.4v since you (technically) can receive a 1055T with that VID... That mobo is pretty decent I wouldn't utterly fear OCing on it. The "Force BIOS" and "Keep Current" options are in regard to forcing a display of your VGA BIOS. I just leave keep current on as I have no VGA issues tongue.gif

It was good, men.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-09-2011, 08:22 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 30 (Unique: 27)
Thanks 8,

I will take a picture of the deflector I made but essentially, it diverts the flow of a 120mm fan directly on the VRM heatsink. I also think the MB will handle 3.5GHz as long as the voltage stays stock. I'll measure the heatsink temp with a thermocouple probe and a fluke multimeter. Any upper temperature limit I should respect?
Quote:
The "Force BIOS" and "Keep Current" options are in regard to forcing a display of your VGA BIOS. I just leave keep current on as I have no VGA issues

Finally, I was referring to the CPU voltage. Do I need to force the voltage to 1.28V or leaving it to auto will make it remain at the stock value.

From what I see, the power consumption of the 1055t (and all CPUs) increase very slightly with speed but very abruptly with Vcore. So with stock voltage, I should reach 3.5 (25% OC) with less than 5% of power consumption.

http://www.primegrid.com/forum_thread.php?id=2718

post #23 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-10-2011, 07:05 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandMax;11955756 
Thanks 8,

I will take a picture of the deflector I made but essentially, it diverts the flow of a 120mm fan directly on the VRM heatsink. I also think the MB will handle 3.5GHz as long as the voltage stays stock. I'll measure the heatsink temp with a thermocouple probe and a fluke multimeter. Any upper temperature limit I should respect?

Finally, I was referring to the CPU voltage. Do I need to force the voltage to 1.28V or leaving it to auto will make it remain at the stock value.

From what I see, the power consumption of the 1055t (and all CPUs) increase very slightly with speed but very abruptly with Vcore. So with stock voltage, I should reach 3.5 (25% OC) with less than 5% of power consumption.

http://www.primegrid.com/forum_thread.php?id=2718

If you have a chip running stock @1.28 volts that's a nice VID! MOSFETs generally do NOT like temps above 100C but I have no idea what model is on your mobo. I wouldn't fear voltages up to 1.35v. I don't think you should worry about your motherboard exploding too much as I DOUBT it will happen around 1.35 volts.

It was good, men.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-12-2011, 02:41 PM
New to Overclock.net

So, each CPU has a specific VID and the 1055t could be as high as 1.4V if I understood.

In my BIOS, the stock VDD is actually 1.31 volt. Under heavy Prime95 load, this mobo (see sig) delivers a very constant Vcore without droop.

I do I know the stock VID of my chip?

By the way. OC looks stable at 3.5 right now. Almost 25% performance boost in every category for a passmark benchmark.

post #25 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-14-2011, 12:56 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandMax;11987544 
So, each CPU has a specific VID and the 1055t could be as high as 1.4V if I understood.

In my BIOS, the stock VDD is actually 1.31 volt. Under heavy Prime95 load, this mobo (see sig) delivers a very constant Vcore without droop.

I do I know the stock VID of my chip?

By the way. OC looks stable at 3.5 right now. Almost 25% performance boost in every category for a passmark benchmark.

Vdroop USUALLY only happens when you pump higher voltage through your gear. If you have a mobo with solid PWM circuitry and decent caps (which do the voltage-smoothing work) you shouldn't see much, if any vdroop as is my case. Keep up the good work, 1.31 is near 1090/1100T VID quality!

It was good, men.
post #26 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-15-2011, 10:32 AM
New to Overclock.net

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1591409

25% overclock is very stable. 3+ hrs in prime95.

CPU temps around 40 under heavy load accounting for a 10C offset.

Mosfet heatsink isn't even hot when I touch it. Below 50C for sure.

So I am lucky with my 1055t. As you can see, I got about 1.28V and I super stable at 3.5GHz

Cheers man, Thanks for the help. biggrin.gif

post #27 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-15-2011, 01:21 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
That's cool GrandMax.....I'm about to build my system next week since I'm waiting for my CM 690 II adv. My obj would be 3.5GHz for my CPU.

post #28 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-16-2011, 05:51 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 16 (Unique: 15)
I have set my Vcore to auto and FSB to 260 which gives me a clock of 3640mhz. (I hanve tried more, will soon when I have time)

As of my Vcore being auto it is at 1,216 at idle and goes up to 1,232 at 100% load.

Should I keep my Vcore auto, cus 1,2 seems to be good?

Also how do I Cool n Quiet to work after clock? Its enabled in BIOS, but wont work.

thanks in advance

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtecjunkie81 go_quote.gif
Maybe this is AMD's answer to Intel's Tick-Tock strategy. Flip-Flop...
Bulldozer turned out to be a Faildozer. What's next, AMD releasing SteamLOLer?
post #29 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-17-2011, 08:05 AM
New to Overclock.net

For C&Q to work for me, I had to let the CPU multiplier to auto.

post #30 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-17-2011, 11:10 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 16 (Unique: 15)
It works now, I just had the wrong powerplan lol

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtecjunkie81 go_quote.gif
Maybe this is AMD's answer to Intel's Tick-Tock strategy. Flip-Flop...
Bulldozer turned out to be a Faildozer. What's next, AMD releasing SteamLOLer?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in