1055T overclocking guide! - Page 5 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

1055T overclocking guide!

post #41 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-15-2011, 05:17 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Hi,

I am new to the forums. I have had this processor for around a year and a half now and I gave up overclocking it since my first motherboard killed itself after attempting an OC. I did an RMA and haven't touch any settings since.

The other day I was playing a game and decided to install new ATi Drivers for my video card and ATi Crossfire profiles for Battle Field 3. I rebooted the computer and according to my rain meter which uses CPU-Z my processor is (407.7x14 @5.7ghz) it is running at 1.375 voltages. My temperatures jumped up 9*C as well. Battle Field 3 also loaded insanely fast.. I didn't do any real testing like prime 95 or super Pi since I had to meet my friends online. I'd send a screen shot but it won't let me. So I have to figure out how to do it since this is my first forum ever. (Just found out I forgot to verify my account)

**It was reading as 5.6-5.7ghz until I turned the computer off for the night. I used it for 4 hours playing Battle Field 3 while it was reading at this speed**

Does CPU-Z read things wrong at times? Because if it does this is the first time it has happened to me. 5.7ghz would sound sweet.. Although I remember when I tried OCing past 3.2ghz my old motherboard failed and I haven't OC'd a computer since. My board only has 4 pin power to the CPU not 8 pin. If you are wondering why, it is because this is an mATX build.

Here are my specs:

MSI 890GXM-G65
Corsair H50 Liquid Cooling
AMD 1055T X6 @2.8ghz
Corsair XMS3 2X2GB (4GB)DDR 3 RAM
HIS Radeon 6870 and Sapphire Radeon 6870 1GB GDDR3
Sound Blaster X-Fi 5.1 USB
Crucial m4 C400 128GB SSD (FW0009) [SATA III AHCI]
Seagate Barracuda 320GB (bought in 2004) [SATA II]

ASUS 27" LCD Monitor
Behringer MS-140 Studio Speakers
Corsair HS1 USB 7.1 Gaming Headset
Saitek R.A.T.5
Microsoft Comfort Keyboard
Silver Stone SUGO-03
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012, 11:58 PM
New to Overclock.net

post #43 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-05-2019, 06:10 AM
New to Overclock.net

I have ASRock Extreme3 motherboard. It has two utilities, ASRock OC Tuner and an energy saver program. I use this computer exclusively for Video Production. I have both Cyberlink PD15 and Adobe MC CS6.

I do not need the fastest overclocking. I have read the first post in this thread and it is hard to match that with my bios. ASRock also has an UCC you can activate at boot.
I have activated it, tried overclocking in BIOS, and nothing seems to affect my compile time in Cyberlink PD15 by very much.
Quick and dirty, what is the best for me to do?
Thanks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in