could someone explain the settings
auto,0%,50%,full
there is a setting for both the cpu and nb

cheers

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-06-2011, 11:08 PM
Linux Lobbyist

LLC is basically used to stabilize voltages and minimize vdroop. The higher, the more stable biggrin.gif
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-07-2011, 03:30 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 102 (Unique: 91)
No consensus. See what it does, open up OCCT or voltage monitoring software + CPUZ and see what the different settings do. I have 0-100% options in increments of 3%-7% increases -___-; Had to toy with 0%, 9%, 35% to get a sense of what my mobo did to my CPU VCORE

Slickdeal: I find dat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-10-2011, 12:54 AM
Retired Staff

Rep: 120 (Unique: 103)
LLC helps your motherboard maintain the set voltage, the higher its set it will push voltage slightly over your set while under load.

On my CHV asus uses different terms, you have the overvolt which is 100 for normal then 110, 120 etc. Maybe on yours 0% is stock for non-overclocked. Regrdless go up one step at a time while watching voltage on the cpu under load.

Not sure what your cooler is capable of but if you have good aftermarket cooling you can do a max of 1.5v safely for 24/7, many people I think say 1.55v max but I like to stay at 1.5 max and mine has been running good 10months which that voltage.

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-10-2011, 12:59 AM
Retired Staff

Rep: 921 (Unique: 603)
Helps reduce vdroop. Vdroop is the voltage difference between what you set in the BIOS and what you really get under load, LLC can help tackle that by reducing it or eliminating it as much as possible.

Highest LLC setting is not always the best, it will more than likely spike the voltage much higher which = less control over voltage and spikes (which can sometimes be dangerous, especially when playing with high voltages).

I would recommend that you try each of those out and see which setting controls the voltage better and reduces the vdroop as much as possible, I would probably guess 50% smile.gif

Hope that helps clears things up thumb.gif
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-10-2011, 12:47 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
With my Crosshair V, my LLC on Ultra High increases the voltage by one tick under load (0.012v). With it off, my voltage gets undervolted and with it on Extreme, it gets overvolted like mad. You basically just have to test each one and determine which one works best for you/how much voltage difference you want under load.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in