Overclocking Brick Wall... Need help. - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Overclocking Brick Wall... Need help.

post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 04:27 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote: Originally Posted by cssorkinman View Post
Looks like a botched cooling block install to me, shouldnt be near that hot at that speed and voltage with that cooler.

Could possibly be a heatspreader that isn't flat.
I removed it twice, cleaned it twice and re-applied the last traces of my MX-2 TIM. When I touch the block/pump at full loads there are no vibrations... it is dead quiet and dead still.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 05:00 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 458 (Unique: 259)
Quote: Originally Posted by evilthx View Post
I removed it twice, cleaned it twice and re-applied the last traces of my MX-2 TIM. When I touch the block/pump at full loads there are no vibrations... it is dead quiet and dead still.
At the speeds and voltages that you are running i'd be in the 30'sC core with my H-100 setup. Something isnt right... maybe the pump ?

FX8370E 5839mhz MSI 990FXA GD80 - custom water http://valid.x86.fr/3jk1vz
FX - 9370 @ 5740mhz MSI 990FXA GD-80 with an H-100 proof.gifhttp://valid.canardpc.com/s04jcj
I like MSI motherboards and this is why smile.gif
8350 @ 5.2 ghz on a stock cooler proof.gif PM me! smile.gif
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 05:24 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by cssorkinman View Post
At the speeds and voltages that you are running i'd be in the 30'sC core with my H-100 setup. Something isnt right... maybe the pump ?

At this point that is what I am leaning towards. I wish I had my Hyper 212 still to toss on it while I order another AIO.... Going with the Enermax LiqFusion 240
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 10:14 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Found my Hyper 212 EVO. It is now on the FX-8350 @4.3Ghz overclocked and WILL NOT go above 48c on Prime 95 small fft's even after 30 continuous minutes. Ambient room temp is 23c (74f) I did find out that 3 of the 4 standoffs for my Corsair H115i were loose. I think this is the main cause of the super fast rise in temps when testing in prime 95. I will order a new AIO soon... not a Corsair. I want to see that there is coolant moving.

Last edited by evilthx; 03-26-2019 at 01:27 PM.
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 01:22 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

It was eating at me and eating at me so I decided to put my H115i back in the computer and see if it was in fact dead. It is not dead. I don't know how the hell I had it running before but it wasn't right. It's back on the CPU and it is hooked up correctly. I hooked the pump back to the USB header and I am controlling the AIO with Corsair Link. The fans on the radiator are hooked to the headers on the pump. At first temps were pretty high in AIDA64... like in the 60c+ range (Package) where the Hyper 212 EVO was in the 40c+ (Package). I don't know what it defaults to if it isn't hooked up to the Corsair Link software but the fans have pretty much been at around 1100rpm the whole time I have used the H115i and the pump... who knows what rpm's it was spinning at. I opened up the Corsair Link and was messing around and got to the profiles... it was on Balanced. I put it on Performance and right away the pump speed jumps to 3000+rpm!! The fans ramped up as well. I re-ran AIDA64 and O what a difference. It is 75f in my room. The first pic shows the package temp at 0.5c... not sure why it did that but for the majority of the test it sat at near 54c under full load. I am "cool" with that. I am still going to get another AIO. Just shows how much of a beast the EVO 212 is because it topped out at 48c on the same test.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Temps-1.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	261602  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Temps-2.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	261604  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in