ROG Crosshair VI overclocking thread - Page 1611 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

ROG Crosshair VI overclocking thread

post #16101 of 40623 (permalink) Old 05-20-2017, 05:11 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeerlessGirl View Post

It's not "mandatory" but I prefer having my machine "spin down" using PStates to conserve power and thermals when I'm doing less. Can't get that to work at the moment with the new BIOS though. Not sure if I've just forgotten to re-configure something, or if it's not working in this BIOS.

well actually I managed to get it working, i just set the main tweaker page to Auto and just changed the Pstates. P0 state to desired clock and voltage, other Pstates to Auto.
But I'm experiencing some issues:
1) even if I set 3800Mhz , the max my CPU goes for is 3500Mhz...
2) Cpu voltage spikes up to 1.48V . Omg...(Set to AUTO!)

I'm on 9945. Running my RAM Hynix 4x8Gb stable 3066Mhz, can't boot higher at the moment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16102 of 40623 (permalink) Old 05-20-2017, 05:11 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 23 (Unique: 18)
I still have AURA problems, lighting resets when it wants and RAM is detected in 1 in every 10 boots.

Ryzen
(14 items)
CPU
AMD Ryzen 1700X
Motherboard
ASUS Crosshair VI Hero
GPU
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1080 Ti
RAM
G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3200
Hard Drive
Samsung 960 EVO NVMe 500Gb
Power Supply
EVGA Supernova G2 750W 80 Plus Gold Modular
Cooling
Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H115i
Case
NZXT H440
Operating System
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
LG 29UM58-P
Keyboard
Razer BlackWidow Chroma
Mouse
Logitech G903
Mousepad
Logitech Powerplay
Audio
Sennheiser HD 598
▲ hide details ▲
post #16103 of 40623 (permalink) Old 05-20-2017, 05:12 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 3 (Unique: 2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagiRaven View Post

Is there a program that shows if you use Hynix AFR or Samsung B?

thaiphoon burner.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16104 of 40623 (permalink) Old 05-20-2017, 05:12 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Are you using Gskill RGB? If so it may well have corrupted the SPD tables on the sticks.
post #16105 of 40623 (permalink) Old 05-20-2017, 05:18 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 31 (Unique: 25)
Quote:
Originally Posted by district9prawn View Post

On the new bios, I'm seeing strange numbers in the Aida64 ram and cache benchmark with ram at 3600.

At 3466 and below, memory bandwidth values look fine.

Same here mate was about to post that 3600 seems to run single channel ??

Its 100% bios relates ad on 1107/1201 i had 53000 on read.

We found first bug @Elmor smile.gif
post #16106 of 40623 (permalink) Old 05-20-2017, 05:19 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordzed83 View Post

Same here mate was about to post that 3600 seems to run single channel ??

Older bios did not have this problem when using bclk to hit 3600+
Bios problem or IMC not delivering the full speeds.
post #16107 of 40623 (permalink) Old 05-20-2017, 05:20 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 291 (Unique: 127)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisepds View Post

ohh!!!! a bird or a CH6 bios? jejeje please @elmor, tell me that is new bios, coold bug is history and my system is now stable...

These BIOSes should work fine with your DRAM settings when booting from a fully powered off state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeltPC View Post

Can you elaborate on what Geardown is?

Command Rate sets how many clock edges to wait after setting up addressing (how long to wait before reading or writing data), while Geardown is lowering the frequency of the commands sent to the DRAM (data speed is still the same).

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyzkill3r View Post

Fresh instal of the new beta and everything at stock, It increased my BCLK (now reporting as 100.6 in bios). I don't think my old hd7950 likes any touching of the BCLK (fans on graphics card only spin 100%), even manually setting it to 100 on bios 1201 caused the same behavior.

So far, have only been able to boot the new beta by clearing cmos and booting directly into the drive via the boot window. Subsequent boots/retries spin up graphics card and QCODE 55. Though that's supposed to mean issues with memory.

Can you try changing AI Overclock Tuner to Default? Did you flash the 0003 BIOS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by virpz View Post

Yes.
The first board I had was the Prime X370, my second was the Taichi and now the C6H.
When I noticed the +12V droop on software with the Prime I had it confirmed with the DMM. I then went to check my lane distribution and since everything was correct I assumed my PSU was going bananas. But then I got the Taichi, everything there was rock solid as it used to be, confirmed the +12V under load with a DDM. Now I got the C6H and that +12V behavior droop is going on again but then my system is nowhere close to extrapolate my PSU lane ratings, had solid +12V regulation with the Taichi. I must assume it is something with the asus boards or asus boards + the maxrevo.

I would appreciated to have a word from the [email protected] on this behavior.
Quote:
Originally Posted by virpz View Post

Yes, many times now.

I have had three X370 boards here, all run with the exact same GPU, CPU, memory, cabling, rail distribution, PSU etc.

First Prime - Second Taichi - Now C6H. With all the asus and the asus only I have experienced heavy +12Vdroop. Now, I want to know wth is going on as I don't want to have my +12V line acting up like that.

I have now run the OCCT Linpack with only the 8P to cpu connect. The +12V behaved the exact same way as with it having the 8P and 4P to CPU.

Software reading or DMM? Software readings are flaky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluej511 View Post

So tempted to try out this new BIOS but system is stable already, id love to know if it fixes the random f9>boot loop issue. I may wait a while to see what it actually does, if its just bug fixes, ill pass haha.

It should fix problems like this, yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart View Post

I just put my 1700 under water, and under a mild OC I'm locked at 47C under load (3.7Ghz @ 1.35v). Memory is at 3200 14-14-14-14-34 1T. I flashed 0003, then 1107. So far being in a proper case with proper airflow under a good CPU block is doing my 1700 wonders.

Elmor: any details on those 2 99xx bioses? Are they 2T / 1T variations?

Command Rate and Geardown are adjustable now. The difference now is different AMD firmware which are better for specific cases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter61686 View Post

Ok, Just updated to 9945 and though maybe this would be the time i would be able to use all 4 of my DIMM slots because when I bought my kit 2 of my RAM slots wouldn't recognize that they were populated (Channel A) while Channel B was populated. B channel is the 2&4th slots on the mobo and afaik the proper way to install 2 DIMMs. now after installing all 4 sticks i'm noticing (for the first time) that a lot of the numbers in the bios aren't matching up between CHA and CHB when trying to adjust my timings. I was hoping I just had to wait til the 1.0.0.5 came out to be able to have all the 3200Mhz 32GB of glory and...still only can get 2133 with 2 sticks installed....so...damn..disappointed. If ANYONE can pleaaase help me it would be greatly appreciated. please.

You're only seeing 16GB of memory, I think you need to do some debugging and check which DRAM sticks and slots are working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerEru View Post

Guess Cold Boot is still intact, prob wont be when the final bios is release (since after all this is a Beta).

I'm on 9943 using XMP profile at 3200mhz from G.Skill Flare X 3200.

Actually the Cold boot is abit worse on these 2 beta ones than the 1201. I usually just get one Cold boot if I take the power off from the wall, but this one I get about 3 Boot loops until the system starts booting up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloppyDrive View Post

Seem to have frequency display problems in Windows at 3600Mhz (BIOS 9945)...
xPuusv5.png

Booting from a fully powered off state should be fixed in the new versions and not cause DRAM training to fail. Some software needs updating to be able to read the added ratios.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalheaven View Post

Well I couldn't yet find a stable setting for 3466mhz...

Went back to 3200 @ 14-14-14-34-1T 32gb (4x8gb Samsung B-Die) which seems to be perfectly stable (HCI tested)
Strangely 3200 works so easily SOC 0.95v and DDR 1.35v

Will try again tomorrow again for 3466... may need to step timings back all the way to 16-18-18-36 though
Will probably have to use SOC 1.05v and DDR 1.4v or so...

You can try changing the CLDO_VDDP setting (in AMD CBS, don't remember exactly which submenu), it's the replacement for VDDP found under Tweaker's paradise. Our setting is not affecting anything anymore, AMD changed the internal LDO setting. It can help stabalize things and even help with the memory frequency hole. Recommended values are around 900-1000mV, default is 950mV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4rcherz View Post

tried the 2 new BIOS and can't boot with rated speeds frown.gif F9 code whatever i try.

Can run 3200 14-14-14-34 but not the rated 3600 17-18-18-18-38 any suggestions?

See the above recommendation, also try different values for ProcODT. Far from all systems can run 3600 MHz, it depends on the CPU/MB/DRAM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandarb View Post

Anybody with 2x16GB Samsung B-die RAM able to break free of 2666MHz on one the new BIOS? If so, which one did you use and what voltages/settings procODT?

Currently on 9943 and trying but so far no luck. (2x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200 CL14 here)

We've tested it internally to 3200 MHz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth-01 View Post

At first my rig :
- Ryzen 1700 with Noctua NH-D14
- Asus Crosshair VI Hero flashed with 9943 beta bios
- 2x8 GB GSkill Trident Z F4-3200C14D-16GTZ
Since the beginning no way to have my RAM work or boot at 3200 MHz. 2933 Work fine and stable. I tried all bios and settings to have my RAM boot at 3200 MHz and my hope was high with this new AGESA bios update.

Absolutely no way …. 3200 Mhz is just impossible. Always the mobo boot with 1 bip and then reboot again to find my memory frequency selected at 2133 MHz. mad.gif

OK then rules with 2933 MHz but …. an idea …. I tried the new 3066 ratio and it’s boot !! Under windows it’s ok, CPUZ can’t see the RAM frequency but HWInfo can. Nice it works !! I reboot, and under RAM ratio i select the 3333 MHz ratio. It works also !!! Wow …. biggrin.gif

Why not give anotgher try. What about the 3466 MHz ratio. Selected, reboot and …. I work again. Under windows HWInfo confirm the frequency at 1733 MHz. What the hell and *** !!! Quick test with Cinebench 15 and Firestrike and its stable at the moment. Very impressive but cant understand why 3200 MHz is impossible but 3466 MHz work perfectly. Goal reached for me with at least 3200 MHz for RAM. I can follow testing the thing !

Great bios for me ! THX to ASUS and AMD making this possible. No regrets buying this wonderful motherboard. thumb.gif
thumb.gifthumb.gif (sorry for bad english)

That would be the memory frequency hole, you can also try CLDO_VDDP as above. But why do 3200 when you can get 3466.

Quote:
Originally Posted by district9prawn View Post

On the new bios, I'm seeing strange numbers in the Aida64 ram and cache benchmark with ram at 3600.

At 3466 and below, memory bandwidth values look fine.

Try setting tRDRD_sc = 1. Is only AIDA affected or do you see a performance drop in any real world application?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targonis View Post

I still can't get to 3200, but I can get to 2993 with both of the new BIOS versions. Hynix M-die. G.skill F4-3200C16D-32GVR, 2x16. This is a lot better than needing to struggle to hit 2667, but not all the way there yet. I haven't played with the ProcODT yet to see if I can find one that will get 3200 stable.

3200 MHz can still be tricky on some systems which has worse margin (CPU and MB). 3066 probably works at least?
post #16108 of 40623 (permalink) Old 05-20-2017, 05:21 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auxillary Field View Post

thaiphoon burner.

Thank you. I downloaded it and it says I have this part: H5AN8G8N?FR-TFC

I'm guessing that is Hynix AFR?
post #16109 of 40623 (permalink) Old 05-20-2017, 05:31 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 94 (Unique: 67)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProTekkFZS View Post

What do you plan on moving to? Interested to hear.

Either the 16ct threadripper or 12 core intel. I am leaning towards the 12 core intel, but I will wait and see. I have the need for more cores so.
post #16110 of 40623 (permalink) Old 05-20-2017, 05:32 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 23 (Unique: 18)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycgtr View Post

Either the 16ct threadripper or 12 core intel. I am leaning towards the 12 core intel, but I will wait and see. I have the need for more cores so.

That depends if you want to pay 1k or 2.5k

Ryzen
(14 items)
CPU
AMD Ryzen 1700X
Motherboard
ASUS Crosshair VI Hero
GPU
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1080 Ti
RAM
G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3200
Hard Drive
Samsung 960 EVO NVMe 500Gb
Power Supply
EVGA Supernova G2 750W 80 Plus Gold Modular
Cooling
Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H115i
Case
NZXT H440
Operating System
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
LG 29UM58-P
Keyboard
Razer BlackWidow Chroma
Mouse
Logitech G903
Mousepad
Logitech Powerplay
Audio
Sennheiser HD 598
▲ hide details ▲

Tags
Bios5 , profiles to usb

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in