ROG Crosshair VI overclocking thread - Page 2149 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

ROG Crosshair VI overclocking thread

post #21481 of 40620 (permalink) Old 06-29-2017, 11:19 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gupsterg View Post

@Clukos @wolfpack122

For 2 dimm per channel dual rank leave as is, ie UEFI defaults.
For 1 dimm per channel dual rank leave as is, ie UEFI defaults.
For 2 dimm per channel single rank leave as is, ie UEFI defaults.

Only for 1 dimm per channel single rank set as Disabled for both.

How does one tell if the RAM is single or dual? ive included a photo of my sticks, i only have 2 x 8GB installing in the board

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #21482 of 40620 (permalink) Old 06-29-2017, 11:25 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 59 (Unique: 46)
Quote:
Originally Posted by slinkeril View Post

How does one tell if the RAM is single or dual? ive included a photo of my sticks, i only have 2 x 8GB installing in the board.

http://www.memorytoday.com/files/figure-7_187.jpg

Typically single rank ram only has IC's on one side, the exception being if you have an 8Gb stick with 4Gb on each side (rare these days).

It's Asus C6H, not CH6; Fighting the wars that matter.
post #21483 of 40620 (permalink) Old 06-29-2017, 11:26 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 4 (Unique: 2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyImperial View Post

Typically single rank ram only has IC's on one side, the exception being if you have an 8Gb stick with 4Gb on each side (rare these days).
Look on the holes of the cover of the stick, xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #21484 of 40620 (permalink) Old 06-29-2017, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyImperial View Post

Actually youd be very surprised, me and another member (forgot who) compared the same identical sticks thru taiphoon burner. His was dual sided 4gb per side 2x8gb and mine is 1 8gb per side 2x8gb same kit same model number. And as it happens, its the exact same kit he has but in red. So who knows if taiphoon is really accurate, if it is thats why there is SO much variance between corsair kits.
post #21485 of 40620 (permalink) Old 06-29-2017, 11:29 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 59 (Unique: 46)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMB View Post

Look on the holes of the cover of the stick, xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

I don't understand what you're trying to say here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluej511 View Post

Actually youd be very surprised, me and another member (forgot who) compared the same identical sticks thru taiphoon burner. His was dual sided 4gb per side 2x8gb and mine is 1 8gb per side 2x8gb same kit same model number. And as it happens, its the exact same kit he has but in red. So who knows if taiphoon is really accurate, if it is thats why there is SO much variance between corsair kits.

thinking.gif

It's Asus C6H, not CH6; Fighting the wars that matter.
post #21486 of 40620 (permalink) Old 06-29-2017, 11:35 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 749 (Unique: 286)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clukos View Post

Don't you mean disabling the Alternative BGS and having BGS enabled like in your screenshot?

No.

If you are using dual rank or 2 DPC single rank modules, you don't touch these options at all. This results in BankGroupSwap = Enabled and BankGroupSwapAlternative = Disabled (the configuration I was using).

With 1 DPC single rank configuration you should either disable both of them, or set BankGroupSwapAlternative = Enabled.

Enabling BankGroupSwapAlternative has the same positive effect on the real world performance as disabling BankGroupSwap does, however it doesn't have it's down sides (i.e. the lower reported bandwidth figures).
post #21487 of 40620 (permalink) Old 06-29-2017, 11:39 AM
Overclocker

Rep: 155 (Unique: 92)
Hey @The Stilt

Can you explain to me why it is that i can only overclock my CPU when D.C.O.P. is enabled? If i want to overclock manually i can't go higher than 3.7 GHz and i wonder why.
post #21488 of 40620 (permalink) Old 06-29-2017, 11:41 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 749 (Unique: 286)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane28 View Post

Hey @The Stilt

Can you explain to me why it is that i can only overclock my CPU when D.C.O.P. is enabled? If i want to overclock manually i can't go higher than 3.7 GHz and i wonder why.

Are you using CBS PStates or ASUS menu item?
post #21489 of 40620 (permalink) Old 06-29-2017, 11:42 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 31 (Unique: 25)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikarusflug View Post

Hi,

I am looking for a 32 GB Kit (2x16) that is running on minimum 3200mhz. Preferably with RGB. Is there something like this on the market? I have only found these, but there are no reviews:

https://www.mindfactory.de/product_info.php/32GB-G-Skill-Trident-Z-RGB-DDR4-3200-DIMM-CL14-Dual-Kit_1171420.html

RGB?? Stay da fak away if ya nor planning to run in to problems and broken memory sticks.

@grupsterg yhey fixed rgb memory beick yet?? I donr use this **** so not sure myself lol

gotten 3412cl14 pass smile.gif so far so good 1403 seems best for me smile.gif

post #21490 of 40620 (permalink) Old 06-29-2017, 11:43 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stilt View Post

No.

If you are using dual rank or 2 DPC single rank modules, you don't touch these options at all. This results in BankGroupSwap = Enabled and BankGroupSwapAlternative = Disabled (the configuration I was using).

With 1 DPC single rank configuration you should either disable both of them, or set BankGroupSwapAlternative = Enabled.

Enabling BankGroupSwapAlternative has the same positive effect on the real world performance as disabling BankGroupSwap does, however it doesn't have it's down sides (i.e. the lower reported bandwidth figures).

@The Stilt So based on this, and my photo above.. i am this odd case, where i am using 1 module per channel which are single ranked... so i should have this diabled?

Tags
Bios5 , profiles to usb

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in