ROG Crosshair VI overclocking thread - Page 2313 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

ROG Crosshair VI overclocking thread

post #23121 of 40618 (permalink) Old 07-16-2017, 03:47 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Finally managed to ger my RAM work at 3200MHZ ...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #23122 of 40618 (permalink) Old 07-16-2017, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramad View Post

I think it´s time for you to use the breaks on that car. Having a bad day already?
Glad you found it helpful smile.gif

REP+ for testing and sharing results smile.gif

*brakes, try to learn proper English before trying to insult someone lol. There's a difference between a READING and an actual TEMPERATURE. PLL will give you a false READING, the actual temperature does not change so no it's not fake, but it needs to be taken into consideration period.
post #23123 of 40618 (permalink) Old 07-16-2017, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorado View Post

Finally managed to ger my RAM work at 3200MHZ ...

Glad you got it working, even 2 different LPX stick with the same manufacturers have different memory dies. You have A-die hynix and i have M-die hynix, thats why my settings didn't work for you. Crazy the amount of difference between the same model number.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #23124 of 40618 (permalink) Old 07-16-2017, 04:05 AM
Meddling user

Rep: 730 (Unique: 342)
@bluej511

My online buddy. I reckon Ramad correctly worded his post.

Hotstocks asks:-
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotstocks View Post

Does going to 1.86 PLL really stabalize high overclocks? I heard just to leave it at 1.80 or your temps go thru the roof, real or fake?

Ramad replies:-
Quote:

It´s fake in my opinion. If your CPU under full load and you raise 1.8V PLL by 0.01V you will notice an immediate jump in the temperature by 1-2 degrees, this can´t be real. I don´t believe the whole temperature readings of Ryzen CPU´s are correct. I use the CPU socket temperature + 10 degrees and call that a CPU temperature.

But yes, 1.8V PLL does help based on my experience. Look for posts in this thread from a few days back regarding this voltage.

He has clearly stated the rise in temps is fake, (ie not real), pretty much twice in the post (see bold text), when PLL is played with.

Please desist, this thread is bloated beyond belief.
post #23125 of 40618 (permalink) Old 07-16-2017, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gupsterg View Post

@bluej511

My online buddy. I reckon Ramad correctly worded his post.

Hotstocks asks:-
Ramad replies:-
He has clearly stated the rise in temps is fake, (ie not real), pretty much twice in the post (see bold text), when PLL is played with.

Please desist, this thread is bloated beyond belief.

I think hotsocks meant does pll actually change the reading since thats how it seems to be worded to me, ie does changing PLL actually change temperature reading that makes it go thru the roof and thats far from fake. Considering we cant physically measure cpu temps this is how its measured thru SOFTWARE. So yea changing PLL makes the temps go thru the roof but its the READING that does not the actual temperature, so the reading isn't fake the actual temperature however is.

Its like saying yea the soc vcore is fake because its reading in software.
post #23126 of 40618 (permalink) Old 07-16-2017, 04:26 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 5 (Unique: 3)
Is anyone able to get 3466MHz or 3600MHz DRAM speed with the G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3600MHz 16-16-16-36 memory? My memory is currently stable at 3333MHz with 16-16-16-35-50-1T timing. But I think it can potentially go 3600MHz.
post #23127 of 40618 (permalink) Old 07-16-2017, 04:48 AM
Meddling user

Rep: 730 (Unique: 342)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluej511 View Post

I think hotsocks meant does pll actually change the reading since thats how it seems to be worded to me, ie does changing PLL actually change temperature reading that makes it go thru the roof and thats far from fake. Considering we cant physically measure cpu temps this is how its measured thru SOFTWARE. So yea changing PLL makes the temps go thru the roof but its the READING that does not the actual temperature, so the reading isn't fake the actual temperature however is.

Its like saying yea the soc vcore is fake because its reading in software.

Reread quotes.
Quote:
I heard just to leave it at 1.80 or your temps go thru the roof, real or fake?

Hotstocks has asked do temps go throw the roof, is it real or fake, the temperature increase. It really doesn't matter at this point if he asked is the reading vs actual temperature is real or not. You'll see in a moment why I say that.
Quote:
It´s fake in my opinion. If your CPU under full load and you raise 1.8V PLL by 0.01V you will notice an immediate jump in the temperature by 1-2 degrees, this can´t be real.

Ramad states the reported reading must be fake, as he believes actual temperature did not increase. So he has covered the "bases", reading / actual temperature.

I have a R7 1800X on order.

When my mobo is within case it's difficult to mount a temperature sensor on plate of HS for me. I will do this when swapping CPU. I may see if I can get one on the side of processor as don't wish to modify HS base to allow temp sensor between HS base / IHS. The other thing that is possibly viable is mounting a sensor on the back of CPU, then feed I'll the wire through a hole which is present in the socket and then get a measurement.

Another angle which all can do, is use the CPU socket sensor, this has no skewing AFAIK, so people adjusting PLL could use that as reference point for before and after.
post #23128 of 40618 (permalink) Old 07-16-2017, 04:54 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 109 (Unique: 59)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluej511 View Post

*brakes, try to learn proper English before trying to insult someone lol. There's a difference between a READING and an actual TEMPERATURE. PLL will give you a false READING, the actual temperature does not change so no it's not fake, but it needs to be taken into consideration period.

Thank you for correcting a word, you have been helpful smile.gif
Quote:

It´s fake in my opinion. If your CPU under full load and you raise 1.8V PLL by 0.01V you will notice an immediate jump in the temperature by 1-2 degrees, this can´t be real. I don´t believe the whole temperature readings of Ryzen CPU´s are correct. I use the CPU socket temperature + 10 degrees and call that a CPU temperature.

But yes, 1.8V PLL does help based on my experience. Look for posts in this thread from a few days back regarding this voltage.

• That sudden change in temperature by 1-2 degrees as soon as 1.8V PLL raises by 0.01V is fake in my opinion, I´m talking the sudden raise in temperature, do you get it? This is my opinion and your obligation is to respect it, as much as it´s my obligation to respect yours. Agree?

• Does raising 1.8V PLL effect stability in a good way, do I have any confirmation on that? So far that I now as of now:

Me, I have been using it for a while, so I know it helps: https://www.overclock.net/t/1624603/rog-crosshair-vi-overclocking-thread/23100#post_26226632

lcbbcl: https://www.overclock.net/t/1624603/rog-crosshair-vi-overclocking-thread/22960#post_26223664

roybotnik: https://www.overclock.net/t/1624603/rog-crosshair-vi-overclocking-thread/22950#post_26223206

Can I help you with anything else?
post #23129 of 40618 (permalink) Old 07-16-2017, 05:03 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 109 (Unique: 59)
@gupsterg

Thank you for trying to make readings in the socket itself, expecting very good results from you. smile.gif

+REP for the experiment, Is it possible to give more that 1 REP? smile.gif

Request: I don´t know how big the sensor is, but is it possible to place it on the side of heat-spreader? There should be a small gab between the socket and the cooler base for that. It would be great to get the readings of the heatspreader which may be close to the actual die temperature.
post #23130 of 40618 (permalink) Old 07-16-2017, 05:03 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gupsterg View Post

Reread quotes.
Hotstocks has asked do temps go throw the roof, is it real or fake, the temperature increase. It really doesn't matter at this point if he asked is the reading vs actual temperature is real or not. You'll see in a moment why I say that.
Ramad states the reported reading must be fake, as he believes actual temperature did not increase. So he has covered the "bases", reading / actual temperature.

I have a R7 1800X on order.

When my mobo is within case it's difficult to mount a temperature sensor on plate of HS for me. I will do this when swapping CPU. I may see if I can get one on the side of processor as don't wish to modify HS base to allow temp sensor between HS base / IHS. The other thing that is possibly viable is mounting a sensor on the back of CPU, then feed I'll the wire through a hole which is present in the socket and then get a measurement.

Another angle which all can do, is use the CPU socket sensor, this has no skewing AFAIK, so people adjusting PLL could use that as reference point for before and after.

CH6 latest bios, and i dont have CPu Socket temp in hwinfo64...

I noticed, that last night, i left aida64 running, and when i woke up, i had the CPU Socket temp there, but it was greyed out. But now if i open Hwinfo, the CPu Socker temp isn't there. What does this mean?

Tags
Bios5 , profiles to usb

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in