ROG Crosshair VI overclocking thread - Page 253 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

ROG Crosshair VI overclocking thread

post #2521 of 41852 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 04:36 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 35 (Unique: 17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmor View Post

Can you try the same but start using retry button instead of power button?
Sure. Can't test until I get home this afternoon though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2522 of 41852 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 04:39 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by razielfury View Post

Hello I really need help , becoming crazy , got CH6 from 2 days exatly when I got without touching nothing with usb I flashed latest bios , all on custom loop I tried to push manual cpu voltage to 1.35 for get stable at any clock speed , also stock but i'm not stable , soc voltage pumped all the way from 0.9 to 1.1 dram to 1.10 to 1.40 llc on all level I can't get my system stable , 2 dim or 4 dim populated ram wont change anything , the post is with no error and i could be stable for 1 hour in Aida64 but I can't play For Honor for more then 4 minuts , system crash.

memory is avexir ddr4 4x4 gb or using 2x4 and run at 2133 MHz I tried also to oc , but that wont change anything .

could someone please help me.

gpu rx 480 red devil :new
cpu ryzen 1700 :new
psu corsair rm 1000 gold

ps temp never goes over 40 c at 3.8 ghz 1.375v 1 hour aida then crush , or 5 minuts for honor then crash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestynl View Post

Strange behavior, looks something with your gpu. Sounds silly but just Try this:

- clear cmos and stay on defaults
- power off and reseat your gpu
- check power cable gpu
- check all updates crimson radeon drivers

Update us..

Quote:
Originally Posted by razielfury View Post

Tried since i got another rx 480 in a working system..cleared installed new gpu...same 5 minuts and crash...used ddu and installed latest crimson...

Really don't know what to do now , i don't get anymore blue screen..just all black and freeze....then hard reset/shut down

Someone please help

I get memory management bsod only when playing games after 5-10 minuts and randomd bsod i i'll type some in a sec...
As i sayd aida64 stress with also gpu 7 hours stable then i stopped , anyway when running stability all seem stutters..like 1 sec freeze every 3 sec
post #2523 of 41852 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 04:40 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
I see lots of posts about RAM working with 1800x and 1700x, but I can't seem to get my 3200cl 14cas RAM to work above the default 2133 speed for the life of me on my 1700 (at 2133 it POSTs fine). I've even purchased another 1700 and still no luck. I'm not even trying to overclock the CPU yet, just get the RAM to work on posted speeds. This is the RAM I have (F4-3200C14D-16GTZR):

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232485

I just have the two sticks, and placed them in A2 and B2.

When I reset to default settings on 902 bios, I have tried the following things (tried changing core performance boost on/off for each one):

1) Changing AI Overclock Tuner to DOCP Default (automatically sets to 14 14 14 14 34 timings and to 1.35 dram power) -> Gives me code 0d

2) Choosing 3200 from memory frequency drop down, and manually changing DRAM timings to 14 14 14 14 34 and changing DRAM power to 1.35 (also tried 1.4) -> Gives me code 0d

3) Just changing frequency to 3200 and keeping default 15-15-15-15-36 timings and changing dram power to 1.35 -> Gives me code 0d

4) Even tried just changing frequency to 2400 and keeping default 15-15-15-15-36 timings and changing dram power to 1.35 -> Gives me code 0d

Everything else is on auto. Has anyone on a 1700 been able to overclock their RAM to 3200 successfully? Are there any other settings like SMT I should mess with to get the ram to overclock?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2524 of 41852 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 04:51 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 10 (Unique: 3)
I've got the same issues mate, but at least my gskill ram works with just fine with 2666 MHz.
I think we have to wait at least six months to get our desired 3200 MHz up and running.

Sometimes the board gives me even a 55 code, memory not installed. -.- This happens together with the coldboot issue.

post #2525 of 41852 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 04:52 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 2)
Quote:

That would be the CPU sensor. Run some load and you'll see it differ from Tctl.

To help with the cold boot issue, you can try setting DRAM Boot Voltage to same as your DRAM Voltage.

Hi Elmor

I have an 1800x which should have the tctl offset enabled.

Currently I am running Prime95 and tctl show a temp. of 96-97°C - since it is not throttling it looks as it has the offset and the real temp should be lower.
However the CPU temp reported is 87°C - since this is a external sensor on the board it should not have an offset.

Those two values somehow make no sense to me because of the discrepancy with the "real" tctl of 77°C( when I remove the offset) and the CPU temp of 87°C - I would expect the reported CPU temp to be close to the tctl temp. without the offset.
The curretn reading imply somehow that the offset is only 10°C

Is there anyway to make sense of thosereading and to get to know an accurate temperature?
post #2526 of 41852 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 05:11 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 332 (Unique: 145)
Alright, BIOS updating time. This version has reverted DRAM settings to 5803 behavior (1T mode), but I also have a test BIOS with same base as 1001 which keeps 0902 behavior (2T mode) for those who saw improvements there. 1001/0038 also fixes the low temperature reporting and FanXpert OS control.

1001 (DRAM 1T mode)

0038 (DRAM 2T mode)

* There have been some reports of boards not being able to POST after update, be ready to reflash 0902 with USB BIOS Flashback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fright View Post

You mean the LN2 coldboot is a CPU issue or my coldboot issue is? ^^'

Because with my ASRock-board it was clearly a board issue and was fixed with a bios update very soon after I bought the board. Maybe 2 to 3 months or so.

I mean the reduced DRAM frequency margin which occurs when CPU temperature is below ~20*C, which you were linking to in your post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by newguyagain View Post

Hi Elmor

I have an 1800x which should have the tctl offset enabled.

Currently I am running Prime95 and tctl show a temp. of 96-97°C - since it is not throttling it looks as it has the offset and the real temp should be lower.
However the CPU temp reported is 87°C - since this is a external sensor on the board it should not have an offset.

Those two values somehow make no sense to me because of the discrepancy with the "real" tctl of 77°C( when I remove the offset) and the CPU temp of 87°C - I would expect the reported CPU temp to be close to the tctl temp. without the offset.
The curretn reading imply somehow that the offset is only 10°C

Is there anyway to make sense of thosereading and to get to know an accurate temperature?

Let me get back to you on that (next week). It might be that the sensor is weighted with inputs from both Tctl and the on-board sensor.
post #2527 of 41852 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 05:26 AM
Meddling user

Rep: 741 (Unique: 345)
Quote:

Let me get back to you on that (next week). It might be that the sensor is weighted with inputs from both Tctl and the on-board sensor.

Currently I think it is, in all the HWiNFO use prior to latest and when there was no "erratic" sensor data CPU/tCTL/AMD Master all match.

On latest HWiNFO yet to "erratic" sensor data ~3.5hrs+ testing and CPU/tCTL/AMD Master match, R7 1700 CPU.

I would have thought there would be a delta between CPU and tCTL, like tCASE (if we measured), as there is none it would seem your opinion is correct.

Below test only used AMD Master for few seconds (Sense MI in 0902 stock).

*** edit ***

blushsmiley.gif I have some how mistook VRM temp as CPU doh.gif
post #2528 of 41852 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 05:26 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 354 (Unique: 199)
Nice, will be getting my new memory in tomorrow so I'll be trying out the 1T version first then if that fails I'll swap over to the 2T variant.

+Rep

@elmor @[email protected]

Any BIOS updates for the X370 Prime Pro out of curiosity?

AMD Community Manager for ANZ

post #2529 of 41852 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 05:34 AM
Hardware Rep

Rep: 394 (Unique: 182)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fright View Post

You mean the LN2 coldboot is a CPU issue or my coldboot issue is? ^^'

Because with my ASRock-board it was clearly a board issue and was fixed with a bios update very soon after I bought the board. Maybe 2 to 3 months or so.

He means if the CPU temperature is under 20C then the IMC has issues POSTing. Whatever cooling you use that results in a CPU temp that falls below 20C, is subject to problems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Bilko View Post

Nice, will be getting my new memory in tomorrow so I'll be trying out the 1T version first then if that fails I'll swap over to the 2T variant.

+Rep

Prime boards will get updates soon - the new AGESA code will be implemented.

Kaby Lake overclocking guide here

ASUS Z270 buyer's guide here

Broadwell-E overclocking guide read here
post #2530 of 41852 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 05:35 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 354 (Unique: 199)
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Bilko View Post

+Rep

Prime boards will get updates soon - the new AGESA code will be implemented.

Sweet, thank you smile.gif

AMD Community Manager for ANZ

Tags
Bios5 , profiles to usb

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in