ROG Crosshair VI overclocking thread - Page 2640 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

ROG Crosshair VI overclocking thread

post #26391 of 40620 (permalink) Old 09-02-2017, 10:58 PM
Realist

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by diaaablo View Post

In the beginning I really hated 1501, but after discovering correct CLDO_VDDP it runs smooth and easy. It takes time, but it definitely worth it to find your own. And stop crying, I hope soon Elmor will make another "from-the-box" bios for you guys.

What's a good technique for testing this value and what value range do you test between?

Do you just set up strap/timings you know work with CLDO_VDDP at Auto and tweak it there or do you assume a certain strap/timings should work and just test different CLDO_VDDP values until it boots properly?

PC
(19 items)
CPU
AMD Ryzen R7 2700X
Motherboard
ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero (Wi-Fi)
GPU
ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1080 Ti OC
RAM
G.Skill Ripjaws V F4-3200C14D-32GVK
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 Pro 512GB NVMe
Hard Drive
Samsung 860 EVO 1TB
Hard Drive
STOREMI (Intel 730 Series 240GB + Hitachi Ultrastar 7K4000 4TB)
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2
Cooling
Noctua NH D15 SE-AM4
Case
Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X Satin Black
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 1809 64-bit
Monitor
Dell P2715Q
Monitor
Dell P2715Q
Keyboard
Topre Realforce 87U 55g Uniform (Norbaforce/BT-500 Bluetooth)
Mouse
Logitech G Pro Wireless
Mousepad
Artisan Hayate Kou
Audio
Benchmark DAC2 HGC
Audio
JBL LSR305
Audio
Sennheiser HD6XX
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #26392 of 40620 (permalink) Old 09-03-2017, 02:55 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 8 (Unique: 6)
Quick question from someone who isn't reading this thread daily: The up to date BIOS version is 1501? Are there major improvements from 1401 or 1403?

And a little trick that helped me with my DRAM settings: Just switch around modules and stick them in other slots. I always had bluescreens with whatever DRAM clock I used. Now I switched the modules around (GSkill 3200C15 B-Die) and 3466MHz C16 @1.15V SOC seem to be perfectly stable. No bluescreens for a week.
post #26393 of 40620 (permalink) Old 09-03-2017, 05:42 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 75 (Unique: 37)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chakku View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by diaaablo View Post

In the beginning I really hated 1501, but after discovering correct CLDO_VDDP it runs smooth and easy. It takes time, but it definitely worth it to find your own. And stop crying, I hope soon Elmor will make another "from-the-box" bios for you guys.

What's a good technique for testing this value and what value range do you test between?

Do you just set up strap/timings you know work with CLDO_VDDP at Auto and tweak it there or do you assume a certain strap/timings should work and just test different CLDO_VDDP values until it boots properly?

I may not be doing justice to it and my recall may be influenced by what I did, but Ramad's method was to lower voltages (say, VDRAM) to where the error rate by some test is noticeable, and then for a given proc_ODT vary CLDO_VDDP and observe whether the system can POST. You should find regions that POST and regions that don't POST. Those that don't can be declared memory holes for this purpose. Do this for proc_ODT values that make sense (that others are successfully using) for your particular brand of DRAM. Once settling on a proc_ODT, choose a CLDO_VDDP region that POSTs over a fairly wide zone (at least +/- 10 mV) and set CLDO_VDDP at a middle value. Then raise VDRAM to 1.35V or so and do your stability tests.

Of course, it is necessary to be operating at the desired DRAM frequency and that the DRAM timings are in the ballpark.

Find a recent message of mine restating Ramad's scheme for getting CLDO_VDDP to "stick" after each change.

There are other voltages that affect bit reading accuracy, so you will need to troll through a lot of posts here to see how they affect things. My view is that all posts made after the announcement of the BIOS you intend to use should be viewed for clues to achieving stability.

This is a vary tedious effort best started from a baseline where others with the same DRAM have been successful.

While AMD may have sold Ryzen with the strong suggestion of great overclocking potential, they are only going to "support" default performance. What we know from this thread is what we -- the Asus C6H beta testers -- have discovered through trial and error in concert with help from Asus employees. While improving AGESA's and improving UEFI/BIOSes may help over time, maybe even resulting in DRAM XMP tables that are relevant to Ryzen (don't bate your breath), there is too much variation among components to establish a "do this and it will work at 3333 MT/s" set of directions. I think a lot of our successes here are accidental (except for Ramad's and The Stilt's, who appear to have the time and patience for methodical testing).

Good luck!

Rig running Ryzen [email protected] GHz, [email protected] MT/s, Linux Mint 18.1 on Asus C6H
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #26394 of 40620 (permalink) Old 09-03-2017, 05:53 AM
Overclocker

Rep: 155 (Unique: 92)
I consider myself extremely lucky after reading all the issues people are having.

All i did was loading the 3466 MHz The Stilt profile in BIOS 9920 and its rock stable. 3600 MHz also rock stable. 3.875 MHz CPU and 3466 MHz RAM seems to be the sweet spot for my setup. 4 GHz requires too much volt at my current ram speed. I didn't even have to raise Soc voltage.. When i did system became unstable and crashed. Messing too much in BIOS especially in extreme tweaker/digi + power control results in extreme temps and instability in my case. When i lowered most settings i gained more stability.
post #26395 of 40620 (permalink) Old 09-03-2017, 06:01 AM
Meddling user

Rep: 730 (Unique: 342)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane28 View Post

I didn't even have to raise Soc voltage.

When you raised RAM MHz and have SOC: [Auto] it gets raised anyway wink.gif . For me on all CPUs used this usually is excessive SOC voltage FYI wink.gif .
post #26396 of 40620 (permalink) Old 09-03-2017, 06:08 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 20 (Unique: 12)
Alright...we are 6 months in and I've given up on trying for 3200mhz+ on my mem (hynix). Hoping I can come back to this with some firmware updates, but for now I'm just chilling at 3066.

I've been messing with CPU overclocking and ignoring mem for now, and I just want to get everyones opinion on stress test.

My go to is Realbench x 1 hour, then Prime95 blend-custom with 12gb out of 16gb of mem used. If I can get 5-6 hours, I call it good. A quick few matches of Overwatch to confirm.

That seem fair?
post #26397 of 40620 (permalink) Old 09-03-2017, 07:30 AM
Overclocker

Rep: 155 (Unique: 92)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gupsterg View Post

When you raised RAM MHz and have SOC: [Auto] it gets raised anyway wink.gif . For me on all CPUs used this usually is excessive SOC voltage FYI wink.gif .

Soc voltage is at 1.137.
post #26398 of 40620 (permalink) Old 09-03-2017, 09:42 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Hi guyz, since i didn t find anything on web,i whould ask if someone has TEAM GROUP nigthhawk ram running @3200mhz in his ryzen build.I m gonna build a ryzen pc and i really like those rams
ty for any reply:thumb:
post #26399 of 40620 (permalink) Old 09-03-2017, 10:19 AM
Not New to Overclock.net

Rep: 6 (Unique: 5)
can anyone test if with NVMe ssd used PCI E slot runs in 8X+4X mode ? i have 2 x gpus and one run in 8 and otehr in 4 all times

AMD Master Race PC
(13 items)
CPU
Ryzen 7 1800X @ 4.0Ghz
Motherboard
Asus Crosshair VI Hero
GPU
RX Vega 64 Liquid
RAM
32GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3066MHZ
Hard Drive
Samsung 960 EVO 500GB
Power Supply
Corsair AX860
Cooling
Corsair H100I
Case
Corsair 460X RGB
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Asus MG278Q 1440p , 144HZ FreeSync
Keyboard
Corsair K30
Mouse
Razer Deathadder 2013
Mouse
Razer SPHEX
▲ hide details ▲

post #26400 of 40620 (permalink) Old 09-03-2017, 10:53 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
6 months in and the motherboard still won't read the correct temperature for the CPU. Sick of my fans ramping up to 100% because it still reads the 20 degree offset. This is an absolute joke, considering selling my Ryzen platform when the 8700k launches.

Tags
Bios5 , profiles to usb

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in