ROG Crosshair VI overclocking thread - Page 3171 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

ROG Crosshair VI overclocking thread

post #31701 of 43376 (permalink) Old 12-19-2017, 10:34 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

I dont reply to every post or even "some posts", sometimes. It's not my sole job duty to do so. The beauty of forums is that you dont have to reply if you don't want to. And you can also choose to ignore posts that you don't like - such as the pic I posted.

Do not worry, we will come to ignore the Asus brand from now on thumb.gif

AMD Ryzen 7 1800X 3.8 GHZ (NOCTUA NH-U12S SE) ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO (Sapphire Nitron+Radeon RX 580 4G) G.SKILL Flare X DDR4-3200Mhz C14 32GB (4x8GB) Samsung 850 PRO 512GB 550MB-520MB/s Sata3 SSD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #31702 of 43376 (permalink) Old 12-19-2017, 10:57 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by y0bailey View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karagra View Post

This entire 24 hour extra timer is so stupid I hate when I see it. So we have to wait 24 more hours because we asked when a fix is coming out for a board you guys messed up. If this was not a joke by elmor its a little disrespectful to paying customers who paid for a broken product. That's my 2 cents about it anyone can bash me on it. thumb.gif

It's a joke man...

Everyone here needs to lighten up a bit...Asus was given a ****-sandwich with Ryzen (just like all the other manufactures), and they are trying to make it the best they can. These AGESA updates are buggy from AMD...Asus can't help that. Read some of the Gigabyte forums...things aren't exactly peachy over there either. I hate Ryzen as much as the rest of you, trust me (look at my post history), but now we are just getting a bit overboard with our hate, and after building a few more Ryzen builds for friends with other mobo manufactures, this isn't on ASUS, it's on AMD. My last build with Gigabyte was the most frustrating build ever with regards to memory compatibility.

Agreed.
Quote:
The sensor issue is "annoying but ignorable." So what if it reads the voltages off a bit? If you know it is off a bit, you can make a close enough generalization. Unless you are pushing the limits of overvolting your CPU, it doesn't matter. You know your BIOS settings, you know if you are stable or not, so who cares if it reads 1.35v vs. 1.32v? I agree it is annoying, but hardly RMA worthy.

Nothing beats a dial to turn up to 11!
Actually, imo the sensor is the one thing Asus could be held accountable for.

Asus is responsible for the components equiped. And also for making sure quality (control) is in order.

From any OC board and especially a quite high end board to me it is entirely reasonable to expect a sensor which has a stable and small deviation whithout having to investigate how erroneous it behaves in order to compensate for it.

- Ryzen 3700X (Previously 2600X ; 1600X)
- Asus ROG C6H - Bios=7201
- G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200C14D-16GTZSW (2*8GB SingleRank Samsung B-die)
- MSI 1080Ti
- Soundblaster ZXR
- PSU: Corsair AX 760
post #31703 of 43376 (permalink) Old 12-19-2017, 10:59 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 96 (Unique: 69)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramad View Post

The 24 hours delay was a joke made by elmor, some believed it to be true. When a BIOS is ready for testing then it's released.
I believe most of the sensors issues came from installing AI Suite at some point. I installed the latest AI Suite to see if any progress is there after so many fixes, that made the sensors freeze, it's pretty obvious here while looking at the temperature difference. Removing it required removing the services and the ASUS folder in Windows Program Files.

I think fixes to AI Suite has only made it worse (I bet the first AI Suite that is included in the DVD works better than the latest at ASUS website) and the users do not want to use the BIOS to set the fan profiles and don't want to install TorboV Core (can be found at the first page of this thread) to regulate voltages on the fly.
The best working version is the cd one, it's also the only one that doesnt mess up your entire OS when HPET is turned off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #31704 of 43376 (permalink) Old 12-19-2017, 10:59 AM
Overclocker

Rep: 155 (Unique: 92)
lol, why ignore the Asus brand?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrXL View Post

Agreed.

Asus is responsible for the components equiped. And also for making sure quality (control) is in order.

From any OC board and especially a quite high end board to me it is entirely reasonable to expect a sensor which has a stable and small deviation whithout having to investigate how erroneous it behaves in order to compensate for it.

Exactly my point.

hurricane
(13 items)
CPU
AMD RYZEN 2600x
Motherboard
Asus Crosshair hero 7
GPU
MSI GTX 970 gaming 4G
RAM
G.Skill F4-3200C14D-16GFX
Hard Drive
Samsung 950 pro, 256 GB
Power Supply
Cooler Master V850
Cooling
Alphacool Eisbaer 360
Case
Phanteks Enthoo Luxe tempered glass
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Asus VG248Q
Keyboard
Logitech G910
Mouse
Logitech G900
Audio
logitech Z-2300
▲ hide details ▲
post #31705 of 43376 (permalink) Old 12-19-2017, 11:01 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrXL View Post

Agreed.

lol the c6h is what 250? that's what i paid and I paid 550 for the zenith on launch can you imagine how the x399 folks feel biggrin.gif:D:D
post #31706 of 43376 (permalink) Old 12-19-2017, 11:03 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

You can always contact support and see what they advise.

Honestly, it feels like you guys are spread too thin for the massive line up asus likes to put out for each platform. I know you peeps are not sitting around twiddling your fingers so I won't be that angry customer telling you guys to move your asses as you guys are doing the best you can. However, can't help but feel there is some severe under staffing.
post #31707 of 43376 (permalink) Old 12-19-2017, 11:41 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 9 (Unique: 8)
well quite frankly i feel the entire attitude of an asus employee and his dismissive arrogant posts to be disgusting !

if i were anything to do with your line management you sir would be listening very hard to my lecture first thing in the morning

i severely hope you have far better manners and social skills when dealing with your customers

it not being your department is quite one thing, but the way your talking to the client base is disgusting
post #31708 of 43376 (permalink) Old 12-19-2017, 11:54 AM
*AMD OC newbie*

Rep: 0
I do not why, but... I'm about to order this board xD, I hope don't have so much problems, jejeje

Kaer Noctis
(26 items)
CPU
Ryzen 5 1600x
Motherboard
Asus ROG Crosshair VI Hero
GPU
EVGA gtx1070 FTW
RAM
G.Skill Trident Z
Hard Drive
Samsung NVMe 961
Hard Drive
Adata XPG SSD
Hard Drive
Toshiba 2.5"
Hard Drive
Seagate Barracuda
Hard Drive
Western Digital
Power Supply
Corsair AX760
Cooling
Corsair H100i v2
Cooling
3 x Cooler Master Jetflo 120 Red
Cooling
1 x Scite GrandFlex
Cooling
2 x Corsair SP120
Case
NZXT 450 Noctis
Operating System
Windows 10
Monitor
Benq 27" Led
Monitor
Samsung Syncmaster 24"
Keyboard
CMstorm MECH
Mouse
Logitech G502
Mousepad
Asus Whetstone
Audio
Creative SoundBlaster Zx
Audio
Logitech Z906
Audio
HyperX Cloud
Audio
Razer Seiren Microphone
Other
LCDSysinfo for GOverlay
▲ hide details ▲
post #31709 of 43376 (permalink) Old 12-19-2017, 11:57 AM
Overclocker

Rep: 155 (Unique: 92)
Quote:
Originally Posted by datonyb View Post

well quite frankly i feel the entire attitude of an asus employee and his dismissive arrogant posts to be disgusting !

if i were anything to do with your line management you sir would be listening very hard to my lecture first thing in the morning

i severely hope you have far better manners and social skills when dealing with your customers

it not being your department is quite one thing, but the way your talking to the client base is disgusting

Agreed, as Elmor tries to help us to his best extend this guy comes with this attitude which is not really helping at all.

But lets not flood the thread plz. Its already been clogged up.

hurricane
(13 items)
CPU
AMD RYZEN 2600x
Motherboard
Asus Crosshair hero 7
GPU
MSI GTX 970 gaming 4G
RAM
G.Skill F4-3200C14D-16GFX
Hard Drive
Samsung 950 pro, 256 GB
Power Supply
Cooler Master V850
Cooling
Alphacool Eisbaer 360
Case
Phanteks Enthoo Luxe tempered glass
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Asus VG248Q
Keyboard
Logitech G910
Mouse
Logitech G900
Audio
logitech Z-2300
▲ hide details ▲
post #31710 of 43376 (permalink) Old 12-19-2017, 12:40 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 112 (Unique: 62)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycgtr View Post

The best working version is the cd one, it's also the only one that doesnt mess up your entire OS when HPET is turned off.

I was betting but thanks for confirming. smile.gif
I don't disable HPET because it should not present any problem if it's on, at least on my system. Had HPET running at my 8.1 earlier and now on Windows 10, it did not present any issues.

Tags
Bios5 , profiles to usb

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in