ROG Crosshair VI overclocking thread - Page 4189 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

ROG Crosshair VI overclocking thread

post #41881 of 43374 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 03:33 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote: Originally Posted by Fantomasas View Post
1. When did ASUS receive final 3900X samples to design bios? Did AMD provide a bug-free new AGESA version for all Mobo providers a month in advance?
Who cares when they received final 3900X sample? I have tried Ryzen 5 and Ryzen 7 and neither of them didn't work with board in which they claimed on April will support new 3000 series. Is AGESA now the one to blame for NO POST?! Then it would be with every vendor, not just Asus.

2. How come updating the Bios for 40 old motherboards and around 10 new ones is a very easy launch? Is it "very easy" for other vendors like MSI?
Re-read what I wrote originally, if they have 40+ models they have to support, they need to cut down options. There isn't a need to release two different MBs if difference is that A has 4x USB ports and B has 8x USB ports. Simplify your marketing and product placement, look at Nokia why they failed (200 models) and compare to Apple (limited options).

3. How do you know that AMD provides superior chipset support to ASMedia?
if AMD Technical Marketing guy has made an effort to reply some individual customer posts on reddit, I am sure communication is part of their culture and their collaboration with vendors is superb. Communication is part of company's culture and e.f. if Asus would value that, I am sure they could have hired a person to continue what elmor did with the community.

4. Were you specifically promised to have new Ryzen support on Day-1, bug-free?
Jesus, like I have said, I can live if my half of USB ports wouldn't work, or RAM wouldn't reach max speed. Try yourself taking every component out of motherboard for 2-3 hours per day and then take it away from completely, meanwhile you have to use old, alternative PC for tasks. Try it and then report back, it is easy for you say when you haven't had these issues.

And yes, where did Asus say I would have problematic, headache and issues with new Ryzen 3000 series?

5. There is a $50 difference between the boards.
You missed the point like you did with #2. They don't need to have 8 different boards for one single chipset. Asus is getting out of control, just like Fractal design.

Safety of the cars is a different subject. At the worst case, you have to wait a week or two without being able to POST with a new processor... Nothing to do with safety, we aren't even talking about bricking or pumping dangerous voltages.
Maybe for you it is fine to purchase something as a consumer and then wait 2 weeks before you can use it, while you don't hear anything from the company? Good and congratulations on your patience, I think you belong to 1% of customers who think that is fine.

The way I see things: Asus provide a Day-1 support for 3900X which works for half of the people. The problems/bugs haven't been discovered, and the BIOS updates are in the works.
You are wrong again, rob87 posted: "Update: The problem has been successfully replicated in lab. The design team is on it now.

regards,

ASUS ROG Marketing "

So tell me once again why we as community need to do QA testing for Asus?

CPU AMD Ryzen 1700, MB Crosshair Hero VI, MEM FlareX for AMD f4-3200c14d-16gfx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #41882 of 43374 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 03:47 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
Quote: Originally Posted by amin12345 View Post
its under the first pci slot where you put the graphics card where is says crosshair vi hero in big writing and just under that it says the rev number.
Well done sir. I could not see it so l looked old photos from unboxing from April 2017.
It is also rev 1.03 and came with 0902 BIOS (it is still sticker on SATA connector)

My guess is Rev 1.03 are 2nd batch of boards. First batch had some issues with bricking with early bioses.
Asus also removed every bios below 0902 from site. I remeber that there was 3-4 latter BIOSes below 0902.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

DeathStar
(17 items)
CPU
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3400MHz @ 4200 MHz
Motherboard
ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero
GPU
EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW Gaming ACX 3.0
RAM
G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 2x8GB DDR4-3200 F4-3200C14D-16GTZR
Hard Drive
SAMSUNG 960EVO SSD 250GB M.2
Hard Drive
SAMSUNG 860EVO SSD 500GB SATA3
Hard Drive
WD Black 500GB SATA2 WD5001AALS
Hard Drive
WD Red 2TB SATA3 WD20EFRX
Hard Drive
WD Red 3TB SATA3 WD30EFRX
Optical Drive
LG DVD-RAM RW SATA GH24NS90
Power Supply
SEASONIC X-750 (SS-750KM3) 750W 80+Gold Modular
Cooling
THERMALRIGHT Venomous X Black w/ NOCTUA NF-F12 PWM chromax.black.swap 120mm Fan
Case
FRACTAL DESIGN Define R5 Blackout Edition Midi Tower w/ window panel
Operating System
MICROSOFT Windows 10 Pro x64
Monitor
DELL UltraSharp U2715H 27" LCD @ 2560x1440
Keyboard
LOGITECH Multimedia ST-3365
Mouse
LOGITECH M500
▲ hide details ▲
post #41883 of 43374 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 03:51 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Quote: Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
have had my C6H & 1800x from day one

got a 3800x incoming still looking for a x570 MB

is everyone getting bios errors with all 3rd gen chips ?
is it worth trying or wait for a newer bios ?

or just leave it in the box and wait for the x570 MB's to get in stock ?
Some people are getting errors some are not with this MB you can try it may work it may not.
Is it worth waiting for new bios? for me absolutely I have 1800X and the hero 6 yes its worth it because X570 offers nothing extra ordinary other than PCIE-4.0 Which the new PCIE 4.0 m.2 and such devices take advantage off and nothing else by the time graphics cards take advantage of the PCIE-4.0 that would be 1 2 maybe 3 generations from now that is when I will consider upgrading and by that time DDR5 will be out with new sockets.
for now personally x570 offers nothing of interest that is why all this nonsense with bios problems people are having because AMD and all the motherboard vendors like ASUS, MSI, ASROCK, etc etc know that people will not want to upgrade just yet because there is no benefit of doing so.

If you want the latest and greatest technology/money to burn you should upgrade to x570.

Last edited by amin12345; 07-19-2019 at 04:00 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #41884 of 43374 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 03:53 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by jstar View Post
You are wrong again, rob87 posted: "Update: The problem has been successfully replicated in lab. The design team is on it now.

regards,

ASUS ROG Marketing "

Let me tell you that if ASUS would test all of the C6H revisions, in the same conditions than users (aka, not installed carefully on a test bench), with ALL the processors available for it, every single time.... You'd get a Bios every year and pay the board 3 times more.

It's very different to certify a board on 5 new intel procs knowing the support will be dropped 6 months after than supporting the whole range of AM4 processors.

They communicate badly and aren't close to their community, but it's no better than MSI which includes bitmap of dragon in their bios and then complain it's too small, lol.

Pipould Ryzen
(4 items)
CPU
3900 X
Motherboard
Crosshair VI
GPU
Palit 1070 Ti
RAM
32 GB (2*16GB) Micro E-Die DR
▲ hide details ▲
post #41885 of 43374 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 04:08 AM
New to Overclock.net

installed 7201 on my C6E, mouse is working again, loaded up my profile from usb, booted into windows
ran cinebench, no issues with fans or CPU speeds so far

X370 Crosshair VI Extreme || Ryzen 2700X + be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 || G.Skill Trident Z 2x8GB 3333CL14 || MSI 1080Ti Gaming X || Samsung EVO 960 500GB + Crucial MX500 500GB m.2 + Crucial MX500 1TB m.2 || 650W Seasonic Prime Platinum || be quiet! Dark Base 700 & 4xSilent Wings 3 140mm 1600RPM PWM || LG 32GK850G 1440p 165Hz Gsync || Xbox One gamepad || CoolerMaster Masterkeys Pro S || Wireless Logitech G403 + Glorious Gaming Mouse || Windows 10 Pro x64 ||
post #41886 of 43374 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 04:15 AM
Overclocker from Hell

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
I hope they get all the bugs worked by September. I should have enough to get a 3900x by then.

Speaking of bugs I thought the latest AGESA was 1.0.0.3a/b?

Why has Asus not released that yet?

MB: Asus Crosshair VI Hero/Bios:7106/Cpu:Ryzen 2700x @ 4.241Ghz All [email protected](1.373)
Ram: GSkill F4-3200C14D-16GTZR @ 3204MHz, 14-15-14-14-28-42-252-1T, 1.395v
Gfx: EVGa 1080Ti GTX FTW DT
SSD: Samsung 960 M2 Evo 500 GB
PSU: EVGA Supernova 1000G+
Cooling: EKWB L360 Kit
Temps: Cpu: 32c Ambient / 36c @ Idle / 55c @ 100% Load
post #41887 of 43374 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 04:32 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by jstar View Post

regards,

ASUS ROG Marketing "

It sounds really dumb when you, without any idea how AMD, Asmedia or Asus communicate with each other, simply assume that because AMD Robert posts on Twitter, AMD is just the best partner when it comes to communication. The PR channels, and business channels are different.

There is a market for those motherboards. There are people who need Wifis, USBs, lanes, OC features, gamer-look, watercooling etc. Just because you don't see value in those things, it doesn't mean that Asus should just have 3 motherboards per chipset.

Don't want to do any QA? Just stay behind one year and never buy any new technology. The process of discovering errors and releasing BIOS iteration is much faster with the community's help.

I wish Asus could just have error-proof BIOS for new tech in 1000 different configurations, but it is simply not how it works, and throwing a tantrum on social media is not going to help.

post #41888 of 43374 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 05:03 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 31 (Unique: 21)
Quote: Originally Posted by Kildar View Post
I hope they get all the bugs worked by September. I should have enough to get a 3900x by then.

Speaking of bugs I thought the latest AGESA was 1.0.0.3a/b?

Why has Asus not released that yet?
From what I have gathered, PCI Express 4.0 support semi-works on the Crosshair VI and VII Hero boards, and going to 1.0.0.3ab would disable the PCI Express 4 support on the X370 and X470 chipsets, even though it would fix a lot of CPU related issues that people are having.
post #41889 of 43374 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 05:04 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
It sounds really dumb when you, without any idea how AMD, Asmedia or Asus communicate with each other, simply assume that because AMD Robert posts on Twitter, AMD is just the best partner when it comes to communication. The PR channels, and business channels are different.
You brought up Twitter, I haven't said a word about Twitter.

There is a market for those motherboards. There are people who need Wifis, USBs, lanes, OC features, gamer-look, watercooling etc. Just because you don't see value in those things, it doesn't mean that Asus should just have 3 motherboards per chipset.
The common defense why it takes for so long to get everything fixed is because people keep up saying there are so many models to support. That problem is caused by companies themselves. And I haven't said anything about 3 models, but I think 10 motherboard like now for X570 is just too much and causes snowball effect for the next AM4 release.

Don't want to do any QA? Just stay behind one year and never buy any new technology. The process of discovering errors and releasing BIOS iteration is much faster with the community's help.
Listen, if Asus would have announced on April that we will focus May-July on X570 and X470 and then early August we'll evaluate possibilities for older platforms, e.g. X370.
It would have been my decision: upgrade instantly to or wait August for more info. I could have maybe sold my X370 and went for newer if I wouldn't want to wait for August.
Now instead of giving me the choice, I was promised that I would have working system just by upgrading CPU. But I didn't get that.
I haven't done anything wrong, I have taken my responsibilities ensuring my components are certified etc and everything should have been good to go.

I wish Asus could just have error-proof BIOS for new tech in 1000 different configurations, but it is simply not how it works, and throwing a tantrum on social media is not going to help.
Yeah if it would be so easy to be tech company, all of us would be doing it. It's like being an entrepreneur, if everything would always work out and be buttery smooth, why would anyone work for someone else?
Asus has made decision to be in the business and they should commit to it, if you are unable to keep up with the pace, stop participating but don't use paying customers as quality/product testers what should have been done in-house before announcing support on April.

CPU AMD Ryzen 1700, MB Crosshair Hero VI, MEM FlareX for AMD f4-3200c14d-16gfx
post #41890 of 43374 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 05:09 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 31 (Unique: 21)
Quote: Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
have had my C6H & 1800x from day one

got a 3800x incoming still looking for a x570 MB

is everyone getting bios errors with all 3rd gen chips ?
is it worth trying or wait for a newer bios ?

or just leave it in the box and wait for the x570 MB's to get in stock ?
It is a bit hit and miss for people when it comes to how well the 3000 series chips work. In some cases, the problem is with the RAM boot voltage being set to 1.2V by default(set it to 1.4V to be safe), in other cases, people just haven't had any luck and are still stuck with a 07 POST code. Others have dropped their new processors in and it has worked without a problem.

Tags
Bios5 , profiles to usb

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in