ROG Crosshair VI overclocking thread - Page 4190 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

ROG Crosshair VI overclocking thread

post #41891 of 43363 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 05:10 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote: Originally Posted by pipould View Post
Let me tell you that if ASUS would test all of the C6H revisions, in the same conditions than users (aka, not installed carefully on a test bench), with ALL the processors available for it, every single time.... You'd get a Bios every year and pay the board 3 times more.

It's very different to certify a board on 5 new intel procs knowing the support will be dropped 6 months after than supporting the whole range of AM4 processors.

They communicate badly and aren't close to their community, but it's no better than MSI which includes bitmap of dragon in their bios and then complain it's too small, lol.
If initial release BIOS would contain everything what they have promised and I would be able to use my system how it was intended to, I would not have any need to upgrade my BIOS. I was using my system just fine since 2017 until now with older BIOS. I was following instructions which stated that in order to use Ryzen 3000 series, you need to have latest bios and that is what I did.
So I don't need weekly/monthly BIOS updates, I want reliable and working system.

If there are enhancements done after initial release, I can evaluate and decide if I want to upgrade, like X570 if I want to have fan start/stop function. But company is not committed to provide me anything more what was promised in marketing materials.

CPU AMD Ryzen 1700, MB Crosshair Hero VI, MEM FlareX for AMD f4-3200c14d-16gfx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #41892 of 43363 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 05:50 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by rob87 View Post
Hi All,

Just an update from ASUS regarding error 07 on the motherboards

Hi,

Update: The problem has been successfully replicated in lab. The design team is on it now.

regards,

ASUS ROG Marketing
I wouldn't hold my breath. only few days left for my c6h return window. I think most people are. going to return my motherboard for refund and get non asus x570.

based on their bios release history, new bios usually takes minimum 1+ month (quickest was 13 days with 7201 which only fixed keyboard)

and I think it'll take much longer to fix 07 error bios issue

I guess zen2 release was rushed and I should have waited for September (3950x) release or have gone for coffeelake cpu

considering how expensive even the budget x570 mobos are, imo coffeelake is even cheaper than zen2 for price to performance if you think about mobo, high clock ram, etc price

Last edited by hgelehl; 07-19-2019 at 06:04 AM.
post #41893 of 43363 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 08:01 AM
New to Overclock.net

Is anyone else getting weird CPU temperature readings? I´m getting temperatures which are way too high.

I run my [email protected],37V with a Kraken X62.

When starting CB R15, the CPU temperature protection instantly gets triggered.

Already checked the contact between CPU and CLC twice. Pump ist also working.

Last edited by freak094; 07-19-2019 at 09:01 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #41894 of 43363 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 09:01 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Targonis View Post
It is a bit hit and miss for people when it comes to how well the 3000 series chips work. In some cases, the problem is with the RAM boot voltage being set to 1.2V by default(set it to 1.4V to be safe), in other cases, people just haven't had any luck and are still stuck with a 07 POST code. Others have dropped their new processors in and it has worked without a problem.
I think the 1.2v problem may be a bit of a red herring. I bought cheapo 1.2v RAM for troubleshooting purposes, and still got the 07 post code.

It may be an issue for those attempting to overclock RAM, but I do not believe it's behind the 07 post codes.

Edit: To be clear, I don't think you are saying the two are related, but at one time I thought they were.
post #41895 of 43363 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 09:16 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 5 (Unique: 5)
Anyone with icue software installed and a 3000 series processor, I recommend you disable or uninstall it immediately. I uninstalled it. It is not playing nice with my 3700x processor and causes the voltages to run high and the clocks to stay full speed and not downclock. This in turn causes my processor to run hotter than it should. If you do uninstall check your AMD chipset drivers and make sure they didn't get corrupted after removing icue. Mine did and I had a time getting things back to normal. A good way to tell if your chipset drivers are good is to try running the Ryzen master software. If it runs your okay. If not you have a problem. If you need help fixing the issue I'll share what I did.

Last edited by dlbsyst; 07-19-2019 at 09:33 AM.
post #41896 of 43363 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 09:30 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Targonis View Post
It is a bit hit and miss for people when it comes to how well the 3000 series chips work. In some cases, the problem is with the RAM boot voltage being set to 1.2V by default(set it to 1.4V to be safe), in other cases, people just haven't had any luck and are still stuck with a 07 POST code. Others have dropped their new processors in and it has worked without a problem.

thanks

I will wait for next bios or a C8H wifi or MSI ace to get in stock
post #41897 of 43363 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 09:40 AM
New to Overclock.net

here is a screenshot

bios temps are 55°C
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Temps.png
Views:	79
Size:	1.54 MB
ID:	281538  

Last edited by freak094; 07-19-2019 at 10:07 AM.
post #41898 of 43363 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 10:46 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by freak094 View Post
here is a screenshot

bios temps are 55°C
same here. asus temps are about -10°C.
post #41899 of 43363 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 10:51 AM
New to Overclock.net

It's going to weeks/months before ANY boards are running 3000 series ok. AMD hasn't even yet produced a decent microcode that isn't bugged, apparently even 1.0.0.3ABA is bugged. I'm not saying that some out there aren't running okay already, but I mean the majority.. the largest percentage of people. Where everyone gets a user friendly stable system whenever they plug in the CPU and turn the PC on.

Because if AMD is yet to send the board makers a full 100% proper bug free microcode, how can they release a proper BIOS? And then when they receive this, it takes weeks to adapt it to each boards specific BIOS. This even applies for X570 boards. There's WHEA errors, there's errors with M.2 drives, PCI-e etc etc. There's a lot of stuff to clean up. The older boards are likely to have more problems but none of them will be 100% for quite some time. To me, when you buy at launch this is to be expected (even though it's disappointing and frustrating). Hopefully the next BIOS from ASUS clears up some of the more basic problems with this board like the boot issue but it'll take another 2 or 3 updates until it really gets on the proper level. AMD keeps evolving the microcode.. it's just going to be a continual process of optimization that occurs over time. Hopefully they can add a per CCX OC option in the BIOS, because this seems more useful than PBO.. which at this point seems pretty useless. But that's an optional feature and they really just need to focus on the basics right now. For example, some people are able to improve boot stability by unplugging the front reset button from the header on the motherboard. They need to fix these basic things first.

By Christmas, things should be a lot smoother. I'm hoping it's more like September/October but who knows.
post #41900 of 43363 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 11:16 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 14 (Unique: 10)
3800C14 with tight subtimings @ 1.52v
BLS2K8G4D32AESCK 8*2 Micron Rev.E
Spoiler!

R5 3600 UA1922 Auto+200
BLS2K8G4D32AESCK @ 3800C15 @ 1.46 vdram (can be lowered a bit?)

Tags
Bios5 , profiles to usb

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in