ROG Crosshair VI overclocking thread - Page 431 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

ROG Crosshair VI overclocking thread

post #4301 of 43381 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 02:52 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 111 (Unique: 51)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumak View Post

This definitively should not happen, there should be no WHEA/MCA errors occurring on a stable system.
It indicates the problem is either in the CPU or certain settings which even in default state lead to such errors.
Indeed. I am one of those who saw it happen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubardog View Post

Basically yea Defaults set by bios. But nothing that you "save"
Unless you getting F9(→0d)
Then u need to reset 2-3 times coz its ram failure and auto train thingy ma jigary kicks in and reverts ram

As always correct me if im wrong
Yea, English isn't my native language so I tend to mix up safe and save from time to time. tongue.gif

In my case I did not overclock RAM, just set the Vcore offset far too low, but trying Safe Boot several times didn't help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4302 of 43381 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 02:55 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 111 (Unique: 51)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timur Born View Post

Indeed. I am one of those who saw it happen
I should clarify this, I am one of those who may have seen it happen. I definitively saw a Code 8 happen at default/stock settings, but with all the testing done I am not sure if I saw WHEA in HWinfo/log on that run. I will try to reproduce it once I find time.
post #4303 of 43381 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 02:57 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorPizza View Post

I was seeing Machine Check Errors in the event log reporting a cache hierarchy error for a few days with an 1800X (running at stock speeds). At first the errors were being reported as corrected in hardware (so single bit errors, handled by ECC), but then the machine started blue screening with uncorrectable errors.

The AMD PR rep I've been talking to says they haven't seen anything like that internally and that it hence may be a bad chip. I'm using the review 1700X they sent in the meantime. This has had some negative effects (the motherboard has now lost its firmware TPM support, sigh) and the 1700X doesn't appear to be boosting correctly/at all for reasons that I cannot discern. However, the MCE errors have disappeared.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluej511 View Post

Martin some people are seeing them on stock and auto everything on brand new builds just running realbench, its a bit odd as ive never seen stock factory chips return with WHEA errors.

Aaah good. Then its not just me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4304 of 43381 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 02:57 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullbringer View Post

I meant the cmos clear button. But if you tried that already or your board does not have one, you can also do it by removing the battery.

To make sure that no settings remain and the board is completely cleared:
- take out the ram
- take out the cmos battery and leave it out for at least 30s
- short the terminals of the battery connectors on the board for at least 2s
- put everything back in and try to boot

If you still cant post, your ram kit is porbably doa.

I have used the button and it seemed to work, I'll try the remove battery route tonight.

Silly question but what would be the best way to short the connectors?

Thanks for all your suggestions
post #4305 of 43381 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 03:01 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 15 (Unique: 6)
On a Side Note I think This boards should have come with the bios control Buttons with jumpers above, Include a 1m extension lead with buttons ..... So while tweaking we could plug the leads in . Run though Water pump grommet ect.
Then we would not have to take off case, lean down just simple clickers next to Keyboard.
could even have the plugs in IO shield

Take note Ausu and send me a free mobo ^^ lmao

LAZY i know, but it would make a lot of sense and ease my back biggrin.gif
post #4306 of 43381 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 03:03 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 26 (Unique: 15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwaindibbly View Post

I have used the button and it seemed to work, I'll try the remove battery route tonight.

Silly question but what would be the best way to short the connectors?

Thanks for all your suggestions

you can just use a paper clip, a key or anything metal and conductive really. That procedure ist just to drain the remaining current that might still be in some caps.

sure, np
post #4307 of 43381 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumak View Post

This definitively should not happen, there should be no WHEA/MCA errors occurring on a stable system.
It indicates the problem is either in the CPU or certain settings which even in default state lead to such errors.

Yea its what i thought as well. I didn't try realbench in stock form to see if id get any errors but i am getting 3 WHEA errors after 15mins on realbench. Ive gamed with it for 8hrs straight and havent had a crash or freeze so who knows. Ive upped my vcore offset a bit compared to when i had 7 errors and now im at 3. I could keep upping the voltage but who knows if the errors will even stop.
post #4308 of 43381 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 03:04 AM
Meddling user

Rep: 774 (Unique: 354)
My share on what I've seen regarding WHEA errors.

I have only experienced WHEA errors on OC settings.

HWiNFO shows errors same as Event Viewer. The labels in HWiNFO for errors easier to understand to me. I use log feature of HWiNFO and get the data recorded as needed.

I've only had L0 and L3 cache errors, depending on OC / other settings, usually 1 or the other and not both, can be differing "processor id". The errors usually have been max 3 or so over a run of 1hr, if PC unattended ~6hrs.

Now my OC perfected (I hope smile.gif ), not seen any WHEA errors in over 60hrs use.

Not saying others are not having an issue. Perhaps members need to share errors code so we know what they are?
post #4309 of 43381 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gupsterg View Post

My share on what I've seen regarding WHEA errors.

I have only experienced WHEA errors on OC settings.

HWiNFO shows errors same as Event Viewer. The labels in HWiNFO for errors easier to understand to me. I use log feature of HWiNFO and get the data recorded as needed.

I've only had L0 and L3 cache errors, depending on OC / other settings, usually 1 or the other and not both, can be differing "processor id". The errors usually have been max 3 or so over a run of 1hr, if PC unattended ~6hrs.

Now my OC perfected (I hope smile.gif ), not seen any WHEA errors in over 60hrs use.

Not saying others are not having an issue. Perhaps members need to share errors so we know what they are?

Its what ive seen on hwinfo as well its been L3 the first go around and L0 the second go around. Event viewer shows them as corrected though so who knows what it really is.
post #4310 of 43381 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 03:10 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 59 (Unique: 29)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stilt View Post

If you got issues with G.Skill memory, specify the 5th - 8th characters of the SN of your modules.
A500

Is that what you meant?

My issue is I just can't boot, at all, with 3200. 2933 is perfectly fine, however.

Tags
Bios5 , profiles to usb

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in