ROG Crosshair VI overclocking thread - Page 4334 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

ROG Crosshair VI overclocking thread

post #43331 of 43393 (permalink) Old 10-07-2019, 10:25 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 10 (Unique: 9)
Quote: Originally Posted by abso View Post
What Audio Driver should I get for this board? The one on the Asus site is dated 2018/02/27.
Here the latest: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...-HD-Audio-(UAD)

Ryzen 1700 - 4,0 Ghz @1,31 (IBT-avx load) + ram @3466 14-13-13-13-22-36-1t
Zen
(20 items)
CPU
Ryzen 7 1700 @4.1+ Ghz
Motherboard
ASUS Crosshair VI Hero
GPU
MSI VEGA 64 LC
RAM
G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3600c16 2x8 GB @3500 c13
Hard Drive
Samsung 950 Pro 256 GB
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Pro 256 GB
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Evo 512 GB
Hard Drive
WD Caviar Black 500 Gb
Hard Drive
WD Caviar Black 1TB
Hard Drive
WD RED 2 TB
Power Supply
Corsair Hx1000i
Cooling
Alphacool 480 UT60 with Eisblock XPX
Case
NOX Hummer
Operating System
WIN 10 x64 RS3
Monitor
ASUS PB278
Monitor
ASUS MG278Q Freesync
Keyboard
Coolermaster MECH
Mouse
Logitech G502
Mouse
Logitech
Audio
Integrated Motherboard
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #43332 of 43393 (permalink) Old 10-07-2019, 10:30 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 8 (Unique: 8)
Quote: Originally Posted by LicSqualo View Post
The SS3 or SS3-DTS one?
post #43333 of 43393 (permalink) Old 10-07-2019, 11:23 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
The SS3 or SS3-DTS one?

I use just the straight SS3 on my Crosshair VI Hero. You can check the specifications of the mobo and if it states DTS is available which is probably on the newer boards is the one you'd choose for those.

PS: A newer version has just been released. Use link I posted previously or the one by Abso above - they are the same location. 6.0.8809.1 up from 6.0.8804.1. Like I stated previously these are released just about every other week lately.

Last edited by Cellar Dweller; 10-08-2019 at 05:43 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #43334 of 43393 (permalink) Old 10-08-2019, 12:17 PM
AMD Overclocker

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Quote: Originally Posted by Cellar Dweller View Post
I use just the straight SS3 on my Crosshair VI Hero. You can check the specifications of the mobo and if it states DTS is available which is probably on the newer boards is the one you'd choose for those.

PS: A newer version has just been released. Use link I posted previously or the one by Abso above - they are the same location. 6.0.8809.1 up from 6.0.8804.1. Like I stated previously these are released just about every other week lately.
6.0.8804.1 made my sound quieter for some reason. I will have to try these new ones

Sideways2k's Rig
(16 items)
CPU
AMD Ryzen 3600
Motherboard
ASUS Crosshair VI
GPU
Zotac 1080ti Extreme Edition
RAM
Gskill Trident Z 3200Mhz CL14
Hard Drive
Samsung 960 Evo M2 250Gb
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Evo 500gb
Hard Drive
Samsung 840 Evo x2
Power Supply
SuperFlower Leadex 850w Platinum
Cooling
Corsair H110i
Case
Phanteks Enthoo Evolve
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro x64
Monitor
Asus PG279Q 1440p @ 165hz
Keyboard
Corsair K95 Platinum
Mouse
Razer Deathadder Elite
Mousepad
Razer Firefly
Audio
HyperX Cloud Revolver S
▲ hide details ▲
post #43335 of 43393 (permalink) Old 10-08-2019, 12:48 PM
New to Overclock.net

The SS3 or SS3-DTS one?
SS3, we don't have the DTS option in our MB (or at least for mine)

Ryzen 1700 - 4,0 Ghz @1,31 (IBT-avx load) + ram @3466 14-13-13-13-22-36-1t
Zen
(20 items)
CPU
Ryzen 7 1700 @4.1+ Ghz
Motherboard
ASUS Crosshair VI Hero
GPU
MSI VEGA 64 LC
RAM
G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3600c16 2x8 GB @3500 c13
Hard Drive
Samsung 950 Pro 256 GB
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Pro 256 GB
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Evo 512 GB
Hard Drive
WD Caviar Black 500 Gb
Hard Drive
WD Caviar Black 1TB
Hard Drive
WD RED 2 TB
Power Supply
Corsair Hx1000i
Cooling
Alphacool 480 UT60 with Eisblock XPX
Case
NOX Hummer
Operating System
WIN 10 x64 RS3
Monitor
ASUS PB278
Monitor
ASUS MG278Q Freesync
Keyboard
Coolermaster MECH
Mouse
Logitech G502
Mouse
Logitech
Audio
Integrated Motherboard
▲ hide details ▲
post #43336 of 43393 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 10:03 AM
New to Overclock.net

Just to throw this out here.

I couldnt stand that I cant choose 5.1 or DTS in Windows with Realtek stock drivers.

Especially as some games and some other software decide whether to play 5.1 based on your windows settings.

So I use the modded drivers from here: https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/t...r-mods.250915/

Now I can simply choose 5.1 :

And I can use DTS whenever I set it in player like PotPlayer. (Or simply whenever the source defines that it wants DTS audio)

I think you can also choose DTS as default when installing those drivers, or it was an option last time I updated. (I just dont use DTS as default, because my headphones Soundcard doesnt support it...only use it for receiver/speakers whenever I set it in my player)

Although I think this doesnt include support for Sonic Studio 3...I never used that. But I wonder if it worked, if you just manually installed SS3 from the official drivers over the modded drivers.

EDIT:
Oh btw, to add. I dont think I ever had any effects to work from all those "enhancements" and "additional software" from the modded driver. Iam mainly in it for the modded driver to allow 5.1 or DTS in windows. But maybe I just didnt try them properly.

EDIT2: Also this is mainly on Digital output/Optical/SPDIF...not sure if there are the same issues with the Analogs

EDIT3:
Did the latest update and now I can choose between both 5.1 or DTS

Currently running C6H BIOS 7003

Last edited by Neoony; 10-09-2019 at 01:33 PM.
post #43337 of 43393 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 11:26 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Sideways2k View Post
6.0.8804.1 made my sound quieter for some reason. I will have to try these new ones

These should make it louder. It's kind of strange because it's like every other release seems to do that. Windows patches were the cause of it at one point and known to MS. These ones though are really loud compared to the previous at least for me.
post #43338 of 43393 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 05:09 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 24 (Unique: 22)
I'm just going to leave this here....

Sabrent Rocket 500GB PCI-E 4.0 WORKING @ 4.0 on CH6.

*Edit*

Every second since my initial post, this SSD has been functioning well, with no issues at all. I have been playing Borderlands 3 on it the entire time to make sure it wasn't going to crash or give performance issues.

So.... I am personally at a loss. Asus Crosshair VI Hero PCI-E 4.0 IS working for me. There is an option for the X16 link to use PCI-E 4.0 mode too.

Now, I am not just outright saying that "YES!! Gen4 works with CH6/X370 ABSOLUTELY!! Completely compatible!!!". So far, there hasn't been the slightest issue. Seemingly. Gaming and benchmarks come back positive. That's not enough for me to make a final judgement however. We need to do something like PC Mark or something along those lines to really test the drive "real world" and compare it with same drive & an X570 chipset board. Sustained writes for more than "X" amount of seconds may suffer, possibly other weird errata.

I do believe however, in the end, there will NOT be any issues with this board specifically. It is a FANTASTICALLY made motherboard. I have had a Ryzen 1700 @ 4.0ghz in this, a Ryzen 2700x @ 4.3ghz in this, and now.... A Ryzen 3600 @ 4.2ghz using PCI-E 4.0 when it was never supposed to do so. I personally have absolutely no choice but to say this is the best board I have ever owned. Period.

The PCI-E 4.0 issues, as I understand them, arise when the copper traces within the motherboard are not up to the task of doing PCI-E 4.0. That, AND, the physical routing of said traces. For all intents and purposes, the designers of this board went overkill with size of the traces, or copper purity, or something to make them top notch. Routed the best way possible, the fact that the m.2 slot is decently far from the CPU and this still works.... REALLY says something. I have Borderlands 3 on the new Gen4 SSD and nothing else. The game actually almost plays perfectly now. I am one of many having stuttering issues. Before the game was on a Samsung SM951, no slouch. Still, the drive difference is noticeable in game. It's smooth 98% of the time. IMO, if there was an issue with the SSD @ Gen4 on my CH6.... I certainly wouldn't get better perfs, or one would think anyway. The fact that m.2 works from so far away from the CPU, means IMO, the x16 slot will probably work in Gen4 mode too.

I do REALLY wish WE could have our cake and eat it too, however, BIOS 7201 I believe is the last BIOS to support Gen4 testing. The AGESA is at 1.0.0.2 I believe.... so it could be better. I was hoping those, or some modded BIOSes floating around would have had the Gen4 enabled BIOS used as a base. No one answered me, not once, or anyone else about the BIOSes themselves or Gen4 support in general for the CH6. I am not complaining, I just find it hard to believe I am the first one to try this on OCN. Let alone, honestly, this thread. LOL.

Cheers guys, any thoughts welcome!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	232.0 KB
ID:	300078  

Last edited by nexxusty; 10-09-2019 at 10:38 PM.
post #43339 of 43393 (permalink) Old 10-10-2019, 03:16 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 38 (Unique: 34)
Glad to see you extending the life of this amazing board. Yes as you can see the CH6 thread is mostly a ghost town now. Everyone either moved cause newer toys were released and resulted better results and/or the thread turned a 1st Gen Hardware Civil War. Ppl really started to get nasty and blamed the few insider ppl, that actually new what the heck the settings in the motherboard did, for Asus issues and from there it just kept going down hill. My only issue so far is sound started making a feedback noise but I switched to PCIE audio card and haven't looked back. May just be driver related but I don't feel like swapping back over to onboard yet.

["color=red]Offical Ryzen (7 5, or 9) 3000 Owner![/color"]
White Lightning
(14 items)
CPU
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Processor
Motherboard
ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero (WI-FI AC)
GPU
ASUS Republic of Gamers Strix OC Radeon RX 580
RAM
Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 3200 White LED
Hard Drive
Western Digital WD BLACK SN750 NVMe 500GB
Hard Drive
Toshiba X300 4TB Desktop 3.5
Optical Drive
LG WH16NS40 Super Multi Blue 16x Blu-ray Disc
Power Supply
Seasonic SS-660XP2 Platinum
Cooling
Corsair Hydro Series H110i Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler Cooling
Cooling
Corsair Air Series AF140 LED Quiet Edition High Airflow Fan x 3
Cooling
Corsair Air Series SP 140 LED White High Static Pressure Fan x2
Case
Cooler Master Mastercase Pro 5
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
AOC AGON AG273QCX 27" Curved Gaming Monitor
▲ hide details ▲
post #43340 of 43393 (permalink) Old 10-10-2019, 03:36 PM
New to Overclock.net

Issues after 3900x upgrade

Hello. Never posted on a forum before, so hopefully I'm doing this correctly. I am struggling with with some odd issues and figured to ask some people with experience.

I've had my C6H since 2017 (around 2-3 months after it released I believe) and had it paired with a 1700 until just yesterday after upgrading to a 3900x.
I had always used the same formatted fat32 usb drive to flash BIOS updates, but oddly that function stopped working months ago and typically use EZ Flash now with some
minor difficulties.

Before the CPU swap, I updated the BIOS to 7501 (now on 0075) and installed the latest chipset drivers.
After installing the 3900x and using CMOS, the system did some power cycling on it's own (fairly normal). The CPU fan turned off and on during operation, but eventually made it into the BIOS.

The 1.5V seemed concerning at first, but apparently it is normal. I wanted to set a negative voltage offset in the meantime, but when attempting, the BIOS froze up.
After restarting the system I got back into the BIOS. Strangely the BIOS will always freeze up when accessing Ai Tweaker. But only Ai Tweaker it seems.

I decided to proceed on into Windows and everything seems fine. The fans rpms will gradually fluctuate up & down, but the 1700 did that anyway on default settings.
HWinfo required another install of the latest chipset drivers for it to work. Ryzen Master doesn't seem to work after some reinstalls of its own.
I ran Cinebench R15 with no issues and the multi-core scores were around 3220.

I noticed there is a new stutter when navigating the desktop. Ran some games and the system surprisingly performed very well with no hiccups
despite the desktop performance issues.

The last oddity I recall is when I perform a system restart. The computer will hang with no display following with a code 62-63? (can't remember right now)
I get the same result from all restart attempts.

I ordered a new usb flash drive to see if that helps with the BIOS flashing issue.
Never messed with the motherboard battery, but might try pulling it for a certain amount of time or otherwise replace it.
I have yet to try any re-seating of parts as of now.

Hopefully the details I provided are helpful. Any tips or advice is greatly appreciated.

Tags
Bios5 , profiles to usb

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in