ROG Crosshair VI overclocking thread - Page 4340 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

ROG Crosshair VI overclocking thread

post #43391 of 43800 (permalink) Old 10-22-2019, 03:30 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
https://www.station-drivers.com/inde...d=4162&lang=en last driver asmedia official

R7 3800x (CPU) || Crosshair VI Hero (0001 Bios) (Motherboard) || GSkill Trident Z F4-3200C14D-32GTZN (3600Mhz 1.37V) (RAM) || Corsair H110i GTX Extreme (Cooling) || Sapphire RX Vega 64 Liquid (GPU) || Samsung 960 EVO NVMe 500Gb (Hard Drive) || Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1Tb (Hard Drive) || Seasonic Platinum 860 (Power Supply) || Samsung C32HG70QQI 1440p, 144HZ FreeSync 2 (Monitor) || Razer BlackWidow X Tournament (Keyboard) || ASUS ROG Gladius II (Mouse) || Win 10 Pro 1909 (Operating System)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #43392 of 43800 (permalink) Old 10-22-2019, 09:05 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
Thanks @boostedabarth your settings worked for my ram at 3600mhz now. CPU remines unaffected still getting 7000 cinebench score.
post #43393 of 43800 (permalink) Old 10-22-2019, 10:10 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Ryzen 3950X is a monster. Will CH6 support it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #43394 of 43800 (permalink) Old 10-22-2019, 10:18 AM
AMD Overclocker

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Quote: Originally Posted by CentroX View Post
Ryzen 3950X is a monster. Will CH6 support it?
Yes and the VRMs are more than capable.

I suspect support will come with the 1.0.0.4 AGESA. Which is also meant to have over 100 fixes and improvements next month, or earlier if we get a beta (Fingers crossed)

Sideways2k's Rig
(16 items)
CPU
AMD Ryzen 3800X
Motherboard
ASUS Crosshair VI
GPU
Zotac 1080ti Extreme Edition
RAM
Gskill Trident Z 3200Mhz CL14
Hard Drive
Samsung 960 Evo M2 250Gb
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Evo 500gb
Hard Drive
Samsung 840 Evo x2
Power Supply
SuperFlower Leadex 850w Platinum
Cooling
Noctua NH-D15
Case
Phanteks Enthoo Evolve
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro x64
Monitor
Asus PG279Q 1440p @ 165hz
Keyboard
Corsair K95 Platinum
Mouse
Razer Deathadder Elite
Mousepad
Razer Firefly
Audio
HyperX Cloud Revolver S
▲ hide details ▲
post #43395 of 43800 (permalink) Old 10-23-2019, 01:10 AM
Casual Overclocker

Rep: 5 (Unique: 3)
diaaablo

Quote: Originally Posted by Sideways2k View Post
Yes and the VRMs are more than capable.

I suspect support will come with the 1.0.0.4 AGESA. Which is also meant to have over 100 fixes and improvements next month, or earlier if we get a beta (Fingers crossed)
Support is already there since 7403

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards.../HelpDesk_CPU/

Owned
(18 items)
CPU
AMD Ryzen™9 3900X
Motherboard
ROG Crosshair VI Hero
GPU
Palit GeForce GTX 1080Ti GameRock
RAM
G.Skill TridentZ F4-3600C15D-16GTZ
Hard Drive
Samsung NVMe 960 EVO 500GB
Hard Drive
Samsung 860 EVO 1TB
Hard Drive
WD RED NAS 2TB
Optical Drive
LG GP57EW40 Portable, USB
Power Supply
Seasonic Prime 850 Gold
Cooling
NZXT. Kraken X62 [Push/Pull @4x NF-A14 PWM]
Case
CM COSMOS C700P [4x NF-A14 PWM]
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro x64
Monitor
MSI Optix MPG27CQ
Keyboard
CM MasterKeys MK750
Mouse
Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
Mousepad
Razer Sphex WE
Audio
Creative SB Zx
Audio
Sony WH-1000XM2
▲ hide details ▲
post #43396 of 43800 (permalink) Old 10-23-2019, 03:09 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Can anyone offer any insight on an issues ive had on and off for about a year now that never seems to be fixed, and im running out of trial and error.

Crosshair 6 - 3900X (although had a 2700X before and cpu swap made no difference)

Windows 10 - I will get completely random USB disconnect and reconnect sounds in windows, and on oocasions perphirals with diconnect and reconnect for a split second. Mostly notice this which sim-racing in VR, and on some occasions it will actually be enough to crash out of vr headset or racing wheel, but thats very rare. However you can have the pc just on idle and it will also do it sometimes.

Ive tried changing basically everything at this point - usb cables. moving ports around, updating and trying every usb driver i can find. Tried almost every single Power config setting in windows.

The problem is its so intermittent. I might not see it for a whole week.. and then it happens 3 times in 1 hour. Ill make a change but cant see if its made a difference.

Has anyone esle had random USB reconnect issues with this board they found a fix for?
post #43397 of 43800 (permalink) Old 10-23-2019, 03:26 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by -Gifted- View Post
Can anyone offer any insight on an issues ive had on and off for about a year now that never seems to be fixed, and im running out of trial and error.

Crosshair 6 - 3900X (although had a 2700X before and cpu swap made no difference)

Windows 10 - I will get completely random USB disconnect and reconnect sounds in windows, and on oocasions perphirals with diconnect and reconnect for a split second. Mostly notice this which sim-racing in VR, and on some occasions it will actually be enough to crash out of vr headset or racing wheel, but thats very rare. However you can have the pc just on idle and it will also do it sometimes.

Ive tried changing basically everything at this point - usb cables. moving ports around, updating and trying every usb driver i can find. Tried almost every single Power config setting in windows.

The problem is its so intermittent. I might not see it for a whole week.. and then it happens 3 times in 1 hour. Ill make a change but cant see if its made a difference.

Has anyone esle had random USB reconnect issues with this board they found a fix for?
I had same issue the other day.
It started when I disabled some startup programs/services related to h100i corsair. There is an program on the net I found which tells you what is exactly is disconnecting and reconnecting you just have to let it run and it detects it.
I dont know the name of the program if you cant find it on the net I'll search on my history and tell you the program I used.
post #43398 of 43800 (permalink) Old 10-23-2019, 05:15 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Quote: Originally Posted by amin12345 View Post
I had same issue the other day.
It started when I disabled some startup programs/services related to h100i corsair. There is an program on the net I found which tells you what is exactly is disconnecting and reconnecting you just have to let it run and it detects it.
I dont know the name of the program if you cant find it on the net I'll search on my history and tell you the program I used.
Yea ive been using USBView which logs every usb device and lists in order of connection etc. - its been no help as its didnt show one partiuclar device.. it will show a block all disconnecting and reconnecting in one go.. then i remove those one or move them about and the next time it will be a different bunch.

I do have corsair gear though - K95 keyboard, and a Commnader pro in the the pc running 6 RGB fans
post #43399 of 43800 (permalink) Old 10-23-2019, 01:37 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Do you have any secondary HDD drives? they could be connecting and disconnecting with automated scans happening in the background. I think default is 20 min on balanced power plan.
Or a drive may be on the way out or just not working properly.
post #43400 of 43800 (permalink) Old 10-23-2019, 06:59 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by -Gifted- View Post
Yea ive been using USBView which logs every usb device and lists in order of connection etc. - its been no help as its didnt show one partiuclar device.. it will show a block all disconnecting and reconnecting in one go.. then i remove those one or move them about and the next time it will be a different bunch.

I do have corsair gear though - K95 keyboard, and a Commnader pro in the the pc running 6 RGB fans
Can you show us the picture of the blocks you are talking about?

Things I would test.

msconfig/ services enable all services restart test.

Test in safemod

Take out all the usb devices connected and test.

Disconnect the usb 2.0 and 3.0 on the motherboard test.

Take all the hard drive/ssd Sata cables out except the operating system harddrive/ssd and take out DVD drive if you have any and test.

Check device manager for any missing drivers or needs to be updated or maybe you installed the incorrect drivers for something on the system which could be conflicting with the system.

Reinstall windows test.

I know a lot of testing needs to be done.

Tags
Bios5 , profiles to usb

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in