ROG Crosshair VI overclocking thread - Page 823 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

ROG Crosshair VI overclocking thread

post #8221 of 40878 (permalink) Old 04-10-2017, 10:01 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 31 (Unique: 25)
@elmor i got interesting thing with my ch6. Any volts i set are higher than what i set. Like ddr i git at 1.375 and its running 1.40x. Pll i reduced to 1.79 and with that it runs around 1.809. Do some of em got it that way or woot?? 2 psu's same thing.

Other thing dunno if ya seen my post but on 079 memory timings got like stuck. Could not lower or rise any. 3x cmos clear and loaded standard ones still ware stuck. Only option to fix it was glashing other bios. Bizzare.

Besides that iw spend 20 hours playing around with 079 and 081 and sticking with 081. Runs great.

One more question. Does this mb got option to turn off HPET??? Or we just turn it off and on in windows. I assune off is better for bios oc??

Thanks. Looking forward for final version of 081 smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8222 of 40878 (permalink) Old 04-10-2017, 10:09 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 31 (Unique: 21)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterchief79 View Post

Good point, didn't even know that. It's rated for 1.8A 12V. Are we talking about the AIO header directly beside the CPU FAN and CPU OPT header? That I can reach. However, when I set the AIO Fan speed to 100% in AI Suite, the pump barely turns. This way, my system would definitely overheat. I thought you were talking about the W_Flow or W_Pump header ealier.

There are several elements going on here. You have the pump, and you have fans. I have never seen the AIO pump speed vary on my Corsair H110i, it is always running at around the normal max speed. The fans on my AIO will adjust speed based on what the AIO tells them to do. You may want to get an extension for your pump, make sure to get a proper 3 or 4 pin one, depending on what your pump has on it(since a 4-pin will provide more control than a 3 pin). Don't bother with checking in Windows, go direct from the BIOS screen to see what is going on.
post #8223 of 40878 (permalink) Old 04-10-2017, 10:13 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 52 (Unique: 32)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterchief79 View Post

Good point, didn't even know that. It's rated for 1.8A 12V. Are we talking about the AIO header directly beside the CPU FAN and CPU OPT header? That I can reach. However, when I set the AIO Fan speed to 100% in AI Suite, the pump barely turns. This way, my system would definitely overheat. I thought you were talking about the W_Flow or W_Pump header ealier.

Yea, the AIO header next to CPU is a 3amp header designed for your purpose. As for your other issue, I cant help as I'm still waiting on the monoblock to get released so I can switch over frown.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8224 of 40878 (permalink) Old 04-10-2017, 10:16 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 296 (Unique: 129)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensate View Post

Tested all bios versions since release. Im currently on 0082. They all seem to fail miserably at fan control. No matter if I use AIsuite fanXpert or just he bios alone. Every so often the fans ramp to full speed on two out of the three channels (never the same 2), and wont slow down again until a reboot.

Im using water cooling with the fans set to use a temperature probe on the temperature in port. This setup ironically worked perfectly with the same cooling hardware on my previous Asus z97-a motherboard with AIsuite,

Is sorting the cooling controller on the roadmap that anyone knows of?

Can you give me exact details for reproducing? Which fan headers? Which AISuite version? Does it happen if you uninstall AISuite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by malitze View Post

Do you have a take on the BCLK fluctuations @elmor? When I get 107.3 instead of 104.8 that means ~4 GHz instead of ~3.9 and that's like a guaranteed code 8 wink.gif

There is no such fluctuation, it's 100% a readout problem. Reference clock is not directly measured, but calculated using a suitable counter and prone to errors. The only platform which has hardware counters for reference clock is Skylake/Kaby Lake. Do you have any details on accuracy @Mumak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordzed83 View Post

@elmor i got interesting thing with my ch6. Any volts i set are higher than what i set. Like ddr i git at 1.375 and its running 1.40x. Pll i reduced to 1.79 and with that it runs around 1.809. Do some of em got it that way or woot?? 2 psu's same thing.

Other thing dunno if ya seen my post but on 079 memory timings got like stuck. Could not lower or rise any. 3x cmos clear and loaded standard ones still ware stuck. Only option to fix it was glashing other bios. Bizzare.

Besides that iw spend 20 hours playing around with 079 and 081 and sticking with 081. Runs great.

One more question. Does this mb got option to turn off HPET??? Or we just turn it off and on in windows. I assune off is better for bios oc??

Thanks. Looking forward for final version of 081 smile.gif

Readouts are not perfect, and you won't ever get the exact same voltage as what's applied. HPET is selected based on the OS preference.
post #8225 of 40878 (permalink) Old 04-10-2017, 10:18 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
When will the memory work 2666 MHz, dual rank, CL15 ?madsmiley.png
post #8226 of 40878 (permalink) Old 04-10-2017, 10:22 AM
HWiNFO Author

Rep: 259 (Unique: 108)
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmor View Post

There is no such fluctuation, it's 100% a readout problem. Reference clock is not directly measured, but calculated using a suitable counter and prone to errors. The only platform which has hardware counters for reference clock is Skylake/Kaby Lake. Do you have any details on accuracy @Mumak?

That's right - only very few CPUs allow true hardware measuring of BCLK (i.e. Skylake). For the rest we need to perform certain (often indirect) measurements to determine the BCLK and this can of course show slight fluctuations, especially under heavy system load.
HWiNFO has an option to disable BCLK "Periodic polling", so it will sample BCLK only once and don't perform periodic measurements and thus show fluctuations. I'm sorry, but there's no other way around this, as long as manufacturers don't offer a true measuring like in Skylake.

HWiNFO Author
post #8227 of 40878 (permalink) Old 04-10-2017, 10:23 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 41 (Unique: 27)
elmor,

How do I uninstall AI Suite? I just get an error telling me that reboot is required, even immediately after a reboot.
post #8228 of 40878 (permalink) Old 04-10-2017, 10:33 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 20 (Unique: 12)
OK, so I need some advice. Am I the only one needing to go from 1T 3200 on 1002 to 2T 3200 on 083? Is this a common thing? Seems like a downgrade to me.

Should I give it another go with "training" the memory? Anyone have luck training 081-082 to avoid needing 2T 083?
post #8229 of 40878 (permalink) Old 04-10-2017, 10:35 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
KHX2666C15D4/8G Can not start the standard profile of 2400 and 2666 MHz.
Started with the help of another one ranked DDR4 2133MHz.
A month has passed and the Asus can not do it. madsmiley.png
post #8230 of 40878 (permalink) Old 04-10-2017, 10:39 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 12 (Unique: 7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumak View Post

That's right - only very few CPUs allow true hardware measuring of BCLK (i.e. Skylake). For the rest we need to perform certain (often indirect) measurements to determine the BCLK and this can of course show slight fluctuations, especially under heavy system load.
HWiNFO has an option to disable BCLK "Periodic polling", so it will sample BCLK only once and don't perform periodic measurements and thus show fluctuations. I'm sorry, but there's no other way around this, as long as manufacturers don't offer a true measuring like in Skylake.

Ah I see, didn't actually think of that. But makes sense that those incorrect readouts mostly appear for me when y-cruncher is running the FFT test which creates some minor freezes. Thanks guys!

Tags
Bios5 , profiles to usb

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in