Major improvement from 1002 to 0083 here with my G.Skill F4-3200C16D-16GTZR (Trident Z RGB) with Hynix IC:
I can now reach 3200 at rated timings (16-18-18-38) out of the box on my 1700 @3.95. On 1002 max ram speed was 2400 (@ 12-14-14-30)!
A few notes:
- 1.4V Ram voltage required (1.35 boots but memory errors in stress tests, no system crash though)
- 3300MHz (3200 multi + 104 bclk) does not work. Anything above 3200 does not actually work with bclk oc
- ROG leds are always on when computer off, even with the "off" option in bios (also on 1002)
- Default (auto) SOC voltage
- Slightly less cpu voltage needed 1.3825 (LLC3) -> 1.3750 (LLC3) @ 3.95
- Faster boot time
- Easy recovery when RAM cannot boot (on 1002 it was a nightmare)
Also thank god for the tool able to remove the +5°C offset from Tctl!! This was really annoying, and will allow me to clock my 1700 @ 4GHz without having my fans reach 100% since Tctl stays below 75°C (but SIO didn't).