AM4 x370 Moatherboard with legacy PCI - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

AM4 x370 Moatherboard with legacy PCI

post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-09-2017, 08:30 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
I'm trying to keep my sound card in my setup after update to AM4. I can't findany x370 AM4 motherboards with legacy PCI on the market now. Do you guys know any?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-09-2017, 08:34 PM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 453 (Unique: 358)
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-09-2017, 08:38 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Prime B350-Plus has 2 legacy PCI slots, but it's B350 based. I'd like to build a system with crossfire potantial so x370 is the only way for me so far.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-09-2017, 08:43 PM

Only Biostar so far kept pci in x370 board that's actually out so far. The GT5 i believe which is 150ish... bf had same dilema but ended up selling soundcard when biostar reared its ugly head as one of only available options for pci on topend.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-09-2017, 08:53 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunnys View Post

Only Biostar so far kept pci in x370 board that's actually out so far. The GT5 i believe which is 150ish... bf had same dilema but ended up selling soundcard when biostar reared its ugly head as one of only available options for pci on topend.
Found it. Biostar X370GT5. Thank you so much.
Yeah, could look better, but i don't care that much about appearance.
http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/introduction.php?S_ID=873

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 09:53 AM
New to Overclock.net

AFAIK B350 does support Crossfire, just not SLI. So if the only thing holding you back from getting B350 over X370 is Crossfire support you can just go with a B350 board and save some money.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-07-2017, 05:37 AM
New to Overclock.net

Really tho guys and gals, i find it to believe that staying with a legacy PCI 32bit 33MHz "LEGACY" PCI slot to be a "POTENTIAL" Bottlenecks, think about it... The on-board HD Audio "Which is Made by Realtek" Mine has a Realtek ALC1220 i think (ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming Professional) AM4 MB, nice on board audio, kills any PCI card that iv ever used in my life, and can even blow away any $50-150 USD PCi-e Soundcards to this day.... Realtek has done a fine job, tho, Asrock says this MB has Creative Sound-blaster Cinema 3 on-board hd audio , its really not, its just a software program to. i think emulate a sound blaster .. so...., i WILL not use ASRocks HD audio driver with OR without the Sound Blaster Cinema software......

it makes my sound not sound right, so if you use Ryzen and have Realtek HD Audio, At least try it and see how you like it!!!!!

but on this board(asrock,x370 Prof, gaming) and possibly most others, (INTEL/AMD/ ASROCK,ASUS, GIGABYTE, BIOSTAR, ETC..) "2017 or later models, or late 2016MBs" |

install the Realtek Audio like this...

Download "Official Realtek HD Audio Driver From Realteks Website, Link Below.....

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

0-Or Direct Download here below

*Vista, Windows7, Windows8, Windows8.1, Windows10 Driver (32/64bits) Driver only (Executable file)

http://12244.wpc.azureedge.net/8012244/drivers/rtdrivers/pc/audio/0007-Win7_Win8_Win81_Win10_R281.exe

*after downloadmake sure removed PCI soundcard and or / REMOVE or Uninstall OLDER Realtek/ MB Manufacturers Audio Driver..

May need to restart>>>

restart..

then install new Realtek HD Audio Driver***

Restart.....

END..

Now if you go into Realtek Control Panel or

***1) Right Click Speaker Icon, 2)Playback Devices, 3)Speakers, 4)Then Click "Properties"

UNDER ENHANCEMENTS, There should be a list of Effects....One i use the most are "EQUALIZER" & "LOUDNESS EQUALIZATION"!

***and the "EQUALIZER" Gives you 10 Bands/Frequencies to adjust, once this is to your personal preference, you can have nice audio quality????

click "ADVANCED" TAB....And check the list of Format Setting's....Mine is currently set to..... 32 Bit, 48000 Hz (Studio Quality) ...!!!

I never even knew 32Bit, Quality even existed yet???? but on the ALC1220 Realtek HD Audio Codec, it does,,,,

you can do from 16 bit, 24 bit, and 32 Bit, from the lowest of, 44100 Hz (44.1Khz), All the way up to 192000 Hz (192 KHz) on the "Sample Rate"

So thats( 44100 Hz, to 192000 Hz) ON the Sample Rate
&
(16 Bit) to (24 bit) and (32 Bit).....On the "Bit Depth"

which im 100% sure not ONE Legacy PCI Sound Card Will do, or there are not many that do> ive never seen a PCI HD audio card that wold even do 24 bit, 48000 Hz, Let alone 32 Bit 48000 Hz up to 192000 Hz..

so rethink using the Onboad HD audio, it may surprise you, and if you use the "EQUALIZER" Which Gives you 10 Bands/Frequencies to adjust
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-22-2020, 01:34 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by So1aris View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Bunnys 

Found it. Biostar X370GT5. Thank you so much.
Yeah, could look better, but i don't care that much about appearance.
http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/...n.php?S_ID=873
Couldn't you just use a PCIE to PCI adapter instead of buidling a completely new rig for the sake of a peripheral/sound-card?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in