Gigabyte GA-AX370-Gaming K7 Discussion - Page 238 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

Gigabyte GA-AX370-Gaming K7 Discussion

post #2371 of 3617 (permalink) Old 08-13-2017, 08:44 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev501 View Post

What settings do you have for the system, are you running overclocked or stock? XMP or manual?

And as per Gigabyte-Matt , he hinted about next wave of beta bioses and soon AGESA (mabye 1.0.0.7) from AMD
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
"Quick update for everyone on the next round of BETA BIOS. I am pushing to get another round of BIOS out... But it seems a new AGESA code is coming soon. I believe we will have one more round of BETA BIOS using 1006A before the new AGESA is implemented (AMD has not yet released it... Not sure I am supposed to mention it, but ya its coming)"

Not ocing anything yet. Well save the ram but just wanted 3600 or 3200 out of it since its rated. I tried both xmp and manual. Ran settings told me by Typhoon Burner. But everytime it just reboots 3 times then goes into windows after everything is reset down to 2133 cl15.

Been along time since last bios update and ch6 owners have had better luck. Thanks for the update! Ill wait a bit more. I was starting to think this ram kit was maybe just for intel but was thinking maybe the mobo was more to blame. Its seems a fine mobo otherwise save I now would like more than one 2280 m2 slot... I did read TR had better ram support so maybe some of that bios code is heading out way soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2372 of 3617 (permalink) Old 08-13-2017, 10:31 AM
Me not know how?

Rep: 16 (Unique: 12)
^ From my exp, I've had better chances doing manual, but it would also take in consideration of manually dialing in voltages not just for ram but for vcore and vsoc as well to get stably at 3200mhz ram.

Knowledge is power, guard it well.
Zangief V2
(18 items)
CPU
AMD Ryzen 7 1700X
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-AX370-Gaming K7
GPU
Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080 8g
RAM
G.Skill Trident Z
Hard Drive
Western Digital Black
Hard Drive
Western Digital Blue
Hard Drive
Samsung Evo 850
Power Supply
Corsair HX750i
Cooling
Noctua NH-D15 with AM4 Bracket
Case
Phanteks Enthoo Pro M TG
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro x64
Monitor
Acer Predator XB271HU bmiprz 27"
Keyboard
Corsair K70 Mk.2 (Cherry MX Browns)
Mouse
Logitech Proteus Core G502
Mouse
Logitech G903 Wireless
Mousepad
Steelseries QCK+
Audio
Logitech 7.1 G633 Artemis Spectrum RGB
Audio
Logitech 7.1 Wireless G933 Artemis Spectrum RGB
▲ hide details ▲
post #2373 of 3617 (permalink) Old 08-13-2017, 02:32 PM
New to Overclock.net

Hi everyone id like to OC my 1800x nothing extreme, just want some boost in my 24/7 operation field (Gaming,some rendering) i need someone who can guide me step by step (i don't even know how much Ghz should i aim for to begin with)
Motherboard:gaming k7 gigabyte
cpu: 1800x
Ram: gflareX 3200mhz 16gb ( on xmp1)
Cooler: kraken x62
GPU: 1080ti extreme edition Gigabyte

p.s as soon as i put the rams at 3200mhz i noticed higher cpu temperature in idle, before they sat near 33-35°, now 40-42° with sometimes spike to 60° while idling, i rund some 3dmark bench but temperature never exceeded 63° that's why i can't understand this huge temp spikes while idling... is there something wrong with it?

Thanks in advice!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2374 of 3617 (permalink) Old 08-13-2017, 03:28 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pax256 View Post

Not ocing anything yet. Well save the ram but just wanted 3600 or 3200 out of it since its rated. I tried both xmp and manual. Ran settings told me by Typhoon Burner. But everytime it just reboots 3 times then goes into windows after everything is reset down to 2133 cl15.

Been along time since last bios update and ch6 owners have had better luck. Thanks for the update! Ill wait a bit more. I was starting to think this ram kit was maybe just for intel but was thinking maybe the mobo was more to blame. Its seems a fine mobo otherwise save I now would like more than one 2280 m2 slot... I did read TR had better ram support so maybe some of that bios code is heading out way soon.

After the reboot cycle you need to go back into the bios and make sure it actually has taken effect. A lot of times it requires a second save and exit after the first. The first time the board tries new memory settings it has to run through the memory training again which is why it reboots several times. Somehow as a side effect of that, it also often seems to believe the settings have failed (too many failed boot attempts) and that causes it to fall back to defaults. But if you then save and exit a second time it usually will then take effect.

Also make sure you've switched the bios switch to single bios mode so it doesn't switch to the other bios on a boot failure.

But definitely go back into the bios and make sure the settings have actually worked before allowing the machine to load windows. It might even take two or three attempts (although it really shouldn't).

That being said, if you really can't get the board to boot at all at even 2400 MHz after multiple attempts going into the bios then there has to be something wrong, whether it's with the memory, the processor or the board. Even with the earliest bios it was possible to get memory running at higher than 2133.

In this case I'm pretty sure it's not the processor (I wouldn't have sold it to you if I couldn't get memory running faster than 2133--I'd either have returned to store as defective or RMA'd to AMD wink.gif). Do you have another machine you can test the memory out in?
post #2375 of 3617 (permalink) Old 08-13-2017, 05:50 PM
New to Overclock.net

Ya I tried that and booted to black screen so put the bios back to dual... Your ram is fine its the mobo from everything Ive read. GB forums has GB Matt saying new agesa and bioses are incoming soon.

http://forum.gigabyte.us/thread/1542/original-am4-beta-bios-thread?page=13

Good ram list being put up for GB users:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15ondV2Y4Qy1HWyAJ6rmeFgoxLz9LnjMXY5fWvgwOz4s/edit#gid=0

So Ill be waiting for that at this point. The ram list they are putting together shows a lot of ram issue remaining. Reddit users told me to put the ram at 1,5v but I wont go that high.
post #2376 of 3617 (permalink) Old 08-13-2017, 06:26 PM
⤷ αC

Rep: 912 (Unique: 592)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev501 View Post

What settings do you have for the system, are you running overclocked or stock? XMP or manual?

And as per Gigabyte-Matt , he hinted about next wave of beta bioses and soon AGESA (mabye 1.0.0.7) from AMD
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
"Quick update for everyone on the next round of BETA BIOS. I am pushing to get another round of BIOS out... But it seems a new AGESA code is coming soon. I believe we will have one more round of BETA BIOS using 1006A before the new AGESA is implemented (AMD has not yet released it... Not sure I am supposed to mention it, but ya its coming)"

If it doesn't have any CPU overclocking features I likely won't mess with it until it comes out of beta. F6G has been stable for me on the Gaming 5.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heracles421 View Post

Hey,
What RAM do you have? I'm using 2 8GB Corsair Vengeance LED sticks rated for 3200MHz (CMU16GX4M2C3200C16 - VER 5.39), and they work just fine.

My settings:
BIOS F4
REFCLK 100MHz
CPUCLK 4GHz
VCORE 1.4V
VSOC 1.25V
VDD18 2.12V
VDDP +0.2V
Both LLCs on Extreme

XMP Off
DRAMV 1.35V
DRAMCLK 3200MHz
16-18-18-36

Your SOC voltage is ludicrous. 1.1V should be fine, I would not run over 1.2V.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pax256 View Post

Ya I tried that and booted to black screen so put the bios back to dual... Your ram is fine its the mobo from everything Ive read. GB forums has GB Matt saying new agesa and bioses are incoming soon.

http://forum.gigabyte.us/thread/1542/original-am4-beta-bios-thread?page=13

Good ram list being put up for GB users:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15ondV2Y4Qy1HWyAJ6rmeFgoxLz9LnjMXY5fWvgwOz4s/edit#gid=0

So Ill be waiting for that at this point. The ram list they are putting together shows a lot of ram issue remaining. Reddit users told me to put the ram at 1,5v but I wont go that high.
Most of the people with issues are running kits that obviously aren't Samsung B-die.

► Recommended GPU Projects: [email protected] , [email protected] (FP64) (AMD moreso) ► Other notable GPU projects: [email protected] (Nvidia), GPUGrid (Nvidia) ► Project list

post #2377 of 3617 (permalink) Old 08-13-2017, 06:55 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaC View Post

If it doesn't have any CPU overclocking features I likely won't mess with it until it comes out of beta. F6G has been stable for me on the Gaming 5.
Your SOC voltage is ludicrous. 1.1V should be fine, I would not run over 1.2V.
Most of the people with issues are running kits that obviously aren't Samsung B-die.

I could probably lower it a tad bit, but if I lower it down to 1.1 I run into stability problems.

Also, my RAM has Hynix chips but I was able to push it to 3200 using manual settings (XMP would fail to post)

post #2378 of 3617 (permalink) Old 08-13-2017, 09:56 PM
⤷ αC

Rep: 912 (Unique: 592)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heracles421 View Post

I could probably lower it a tad bit, but if I lower it down to 1.1 I run into stability problems.

Also, my RAM has Hynix chips but I was able to push it to 3200 using manual settings (XMP would fail to post)

You probably need to set the sub timings and VDIMM (memory voltage) , not put > 1.1V SOC.

I have Hynix RAM too (unfortunate) and at 1.37V memory I can run 3200MHz 16-16-16-30.

► Recommended GPU Projects: [email protected] , [email protected] (FP64) (AMD moreso) ► Other notable GPU projects: [email protected] (Nvidia), GPUGrid (Nvidia) ► Project list

post #2379 of 3617 (permalink) Old 08-14-2017, 11:33 AM
New to Overclock.net

Guys which cpu stress test are good for ryzen? i oc'd my 1800x to 3.8ghz im running at 1.30v but i just used cinebenchr15 so im not sure if im rock solid
post #2380 of 3617 (permalink) Old 08-14-2017, 11:34 AM
New to Overclock.net

Hey all, pretty much freshly new member here. Been lurking for a while, originally looking for OC tips and now for help with a completely outlandish issue I've run into.

Last week I was packing for a trip out of town and I unplugged my USB charging cable for my phone from the same powerbox / surge protector that ALL of my hardware is plugged into.
So I've got my PC, two monitors, my modem and router, a Sonos HUB, pretty much half the electronics I own are on this one thing.

When I unplugged my phone, my PC was asleep. After I unplugged my phone, it just completely shut off and hasn't even been able to get into BIOS since.
The only POSSIBLE thing I think may have caused an issue is that the Surge Protection switch on this powerbox turns out to actually wiggle a little bit, even when flipped completely to the On or Off position. So MAYBE when I unplugged my USB cable it wiggled the switch and caused the Surge Protection feature to turn off momentarily and that caused some kind of problem in my system.
I honestly really doubt that is the case though since it would make sense that if that were the problem, every single other major electronic connected to this box should have experienced this same "artificial surge" and probably also stopped functioning.

Since then, I have attempted reseating everything except for the CPU, and my motherboard continually outputs Debug Codes of 90, 15, 14, C0, B5, and E3 while the DRAM Debug LED is lit, and briefly displays Debug codes of 48, B4, and 3E while the CPU Debug LED is lit.
I have also powered everything with an entirely different power supply I have that I know to be working and the same errors and inability to boot remain present, so I'm fairly certain there's no issue with the power supply that was connected when this problem arose.
I have searched through both the motherboard manual and multiple online forums about what could possibly have happened to my PC with no helpful results. The descriptions for certain Debug Codes in the manual don't quite explain the problem either and no online source has properly explained what they mean either. If anyone has knowledge of what those Debug Codes mean I would love to actually get some insight into them.

I'm not sure what else to try to get my PC working again. I hope I can get some good support for this so I don't have to deal with RMA'ing or replacing components that had no logical reason to stop functioning as far as I can determine. Maybe a warranty might save me, but it's looking grim at this point.

Thanks in advance to anyone that tries to help.

And just to be thorough, my components

CPU: R7 1700
Mobo: AX370 Gaming K7 (of course)
GPU: MSI Gaming X GTX 980ti
RAM: Trident Z RGB 32GB 3600 CL16
PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

Storage Drives:
Samsung 960 Pro 500GB
Seagate Barracuda 1TB
Seagate FireCuda 2TB

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in