Gigabyte GA-AX370-Gaming K7 Discussion - Page 350 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Gigabyte GA-AX370-Gaming K7 Discussion

post #3491 of 3492 (permalink) Unread 05-15-2019, 05:31 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 109 (Unique: 59)
Quote: Originally Posted by Seelbreaker View Post
Yesterday i updated my secondary BIOS to F31 because i was bored and i wanted to look if something beneficial for me has changed since i stayed on F23 for a really long time (my secondary BIOS was on F4d).

Spoiler!

Did they killed PCI ACS support or do i have to enable it somewhere?

With BIOS F23 it works without reconfiguring anything on the VM/ESXi/BIOS

(SVM Mode is set to enabled and IOMMU is set to Enabled aswell on both BIOS-Versions).
PCI ACS is a setting that is under AMD CBS/NBIO which GIGABYTE may have disabled for no logical reason. GIGABYTE's habit of hiding AMD CBS settings on their highend motherboards is pathetic. I hope they read this and understand that this is bad on their part and is forcing users to choose other motherboards brands to get the best of a hardware that is paid for.

Full AMD CBS is present on the TaiChi and the ASUS Crosshair, but GIGABYTE's BIOS needs to be softmoded in order to unlock the full CBS menu. Hey GIGABYTE, this is stupid.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3492 of 3492 (permalink) Unread 05-16-2019, 12:25 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Seelbreaker

Quote: Originally Posted by Ramad View Post
PCI ACS is a setting that is under AMD CBS/NBIO which GIGABYTE may have disabled for no logical reason. GIGABYTE's habit of hiding AMD CBS settings on their highend motherboards is pathetic. I hope they read this and understand that this is bad on their part and is forcing users to choose other motherboards brands to get the best of a hardware that is paid for.

Full AMD CBS is present on the TaiChi and the ASUS Crosshair, but GIGABYTE's BIOS needs to be softmoded in order to unlock the full CBS menu. Hey GIGABYTE, this is stupid.
Thank you for this answer! Then i gonna take a look in that Options after i get home to see if it is disabled on F31 or not and gonna give you an update on that (aswell as on the Gigabyte Forums).
As for the AMD CPU fTPM Function i also gonna take a look at that, never touched it.

Yeah - not gonna get another Gigabyte Mainboard again. Just wanted to give them a try but the next plattform is gonna be on AsRock again. Don't wanna be a 2 year beta-tester again.

Soooo - No PCI ACS Option in CBS/NBIO.

The F23 BIOS only has "Mode 0" which the F31 BIOS doesn't have but thats it...

Maybe i should take a look if someone could make a modded F31 BIOS where everything is enabled... if i throw in enough for some coffee or beer It's not like i need it... but something is itching

Last edited by Seelbreaker; 05-17-2019 at 06:06 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in