** Official Gigabyte A320, B350, X370 Owners club ** - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

** Official Gigabyte A320, B350, X370 Owners club **

post #11 of 329 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 07:09 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 7 (Unique: 7)
Yeah, board is awesome.. i'm waiting for some memory kit.. better memory on ryzen improves a lot performances

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 329 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 01:31 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 5 (Unique: 5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by muffins View Post

i just received my gaming 5 to replace my crosshair hero. i updated to f5d and i have to say the gaming 5 boots a lot faster than my previous crosshair did.
i'm concerned about temperatures. my 1080 ftw puts out a lot of heat.

Now that I've built my Ryzen rig I can give you an honest answer. My 250GB 960 evo idles around 30°C. It goes up to 39°C when my GTX970 is getting 100% use. I would even say it's an advantage. When my 960 evo sees heavy load, my GPU is just idling and its fans are cooling my NVMe disk down thumb.gif.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zvonexp View Post

Yeah, board is awesome.. i'm waiting for some memory kit.. better memory on ryzen improves a lot performances

G.Skill 16GB kits -2*8GB- DDR3200 with a latency of CAS14 go up to 3200MHz in a flick of a switch. Does it really makes that much of a difference? I don't know yet. I still have to create a restore point with Reflect before thinking doing tests wink.gif

Macbook Pro 13 Retina US | Mid 2014 | 8GB | 256GB | El Capitan

Freebox Revolution | x2 7200.12 500GB

Canon G7X | Lumia 830
post #13 of 329 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 07:01 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 15 (Unique: 14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euskafreez View Post

G.Skill 16GB kits -2*8GB- DDR3200 with a latency of CAS14 go up to 3200MHz in a flick of a switch. Does it really makes that much of a difference? I don't know yet. I still have to create a restore point with Reflect before thinking doing tests wink.gif

Got the same kit being delivered tomorrow along with the board. Let us know your results.

Starr Status
(15 items)
CPU
Ryzen 1700X @ 3.9ghz
Motherboard
Gigabyte Aorus X370 K7
GPU
MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X 8G
RAM
G.Skill TridentZ RBG 3200 14-14 -14 -32 1T
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Pro SSD(OS) /Seagate 600 SSD 240GB (Games)
Power Supply
EVGA G3 850w
Cooling
CoolerMaster 240 AIO
Case
Haf 932(Blue LED)
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
LG 31MU97-B 4096x2160
Keyboard
Ducky Shine - Blue LED - MX Cherry Red
Mouse
Monix Naos 7000
Mouse
Mionix
Audio
Asus Xonar Xense
Audio
Sony DH 770 + Polk 5.1 speakers & Subwoofer
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 329 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 08:44 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 10 (Unique: 9)
How are you guys controlling your case fans with the gibabyte boards? I need some recommendations.

SIV does not work at all for me. I can't click on anything.

post #15 of 329 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 10:45 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastpcman12 View Post

How are you guys controlling your case fans with the gibabyte boards? I need some recommendations.

SIV does not work at all for me. I can't click on anything.

there should be a smart fan option in bios. that one works fine for me.

I'm about to update my K7 with the F3b bios, is anyone running that right now?
post #16 of 329 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 12:11 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by zvonexp View Post

G.Skill 16GB kits -2*8GB- DDR3200 with a latency of CAS14 go up to 3200MHz in a flick of a switch. Does it really makes that much of a difference? I don't know yet. I still have to create a restore point with Reflect before thinking doing test
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBear View Post

Got the same kit being delivered tomorrow along with the board. Let us know your results.

What I meant is that I'm not sure it makes that much of a difference between 2666, 2933 and 3200MHz? I'll play with memory speed this weekend and we will see smile.gif.

I received my memory on Monday, I set the memory at 3200MHz and used the XMP profile for timings and voltage.

And voila :

Macbook Pro 13 Retina US | Mid 2014 | 8GB | 256GB | El Capitan

Freebox Revolution | x2 7200.12 500GB

Canon G7X | Lumia 830
post #17 of 329 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 01:59 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 14 (Unique: 10)
well i finally got my first anomaly today with my gaming 5 with f5d. just browsing the internet with firefox, only around five tabs open. nothing out of the ordinarily. no flash, videos, or the like playing and the computer just froze. nothing else running at all. a complete hard lock. couldn't move the mouse, couldn't even turn off my numpad on my keyboard. power button did nothing. 100% frozen. had to do a hard reset.

very odd as i have been running the computer just fine since i installed the motherboard. just got done going three full days without a single reboot. did my first reboot last night because i got the urge to double check my ram and ran memtest. let it do two passes and everything was clear. then today i had to reboot for a windows update but the machine was on after that for three hours before the freeze.

my cpu is running at nearly full stock, auto settings. only my ram has fancy settings. running at its rated cas 14, 14, 14, 14, 34 @ 2933 (3000)mhz with 1.35v's. i don't believe it was caused by my power supply as i owned it since october and it was in my previous build. a evga 750 watt g3. i checked event viewer and it didn't pick up anything under system out of the ordinary. it didn't record a bsod. just a "critical, kernel power - system didn't reboot cleanly."

edit:
thinking about it, i don't think this was my first.... shortly after i built the computer and installed windows, i was checking voltages and temperatures with hwinfo. well after i had opened hwinfo i opened up cpu-z along side it to compare, and when cpu-z was loading up, my system froze identically to what just happened. at the time i figured it froze because i was trying to run two monitoring programs at the same time, and even reported it in the hwinfo thread.

but now with an awfully similar hard lock, but this time without running any monitoring programs, and nothing else in the background. just firefox, i'm starting to think it wasn't hwinfo and cpu-z that caused the very first freeze almost a week ago. i wonder if its just a bios issue. i hope that's all it is. ugh.
post #18 of 329 (permalink) Old 03-25-2017, 09:48 PM
New to Overclock.net

I'll join in on this one. Have the AB350 Gaming 3 on the F5 bios. Haven't tried to OC as of yet but currently it's sitting with a Wraith cooler. (Was bundled with the 8350) so I may give it a shot. Will post some pics of the rig tomorrow and after getting the bracket from Corsair.

Containment Failure (Click to show)
“Everything burns if the flame is hot enough. The world is nothing but a crucible.”
post #19 of 329 (permalink) Old 03-26-2017, 10:44 AM
New to Overclock.net

Where did you get the F5 bios update. I only see F2 on the Gigabyte web site? Thanks!

post #20 of 329 (permalink) Old 03-26-2017, 11:27 AM
New to Overclock.net

Hi everyone, first post here. This is my first AMD build, and I am experiencing some issues.

My specs are as follows:
  • Gigabyte B350 Gaming 3 with F5 BIOs
  • RYZEN 1700 stock cooler + stock clock
  • Corsair 16GB DDR4 Vengeance LED 3200 Mhz
  • AMD Firepro W7100 8gb GPU - Latest Firepro drivers.
  • 650W EVGA PSU

When I play my MMO, I crash randomly in places that have high graphics. The PC never crashes when I'm not playing games. Before crash the CPU temperature is 40-45C, and GPU is at 70C.

When a crash happens, my screen turns black and I hear a loud buzzing sound until I force the PC to power down.

I am scratching my head what the issue is. Could it be the workstation GPU not able to handle games even with latest drivers? It should be able to as this MMO is 8+ years old.

I have reset BIOs, no overclock, and even had no issue with my MemTest86 results.

Anyone can assist me or give me some idea what could be the issue?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in