** Official Gigabyte A320, B350, X370 Owners club ** - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

** Official Gigabyte A320, B350, X370 Owners club **

post #1 of 329 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 04:57 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 7 (Unique: 7)
** Official Gigabyte A320, B350, X370 Owners club **

After a few searching through OCN, I realized there isn't an official thread for Gigabyte AM4 motherboards to discuss/share ideas etc

Reviews :

AX370 Gaming 5

AB350 Gaming 3

Tips and tricks :

Key features :

Confirmed bugs/issues :

XMP profile must be loaded before memory multipliers will work
Apparently redundant naming for some settings in the UEFI. Eg; CPU LLC: Normal, Standard, Medium. Three settings, all essentially with the same meaning. If settings do have small differences, rename for clarity. Eg; Level 1, Level 2, Level 3.

( Bugs are on Gaming 5 )

Moded bioses :

Latest beta bioses :

AX370 Gaming 5 F5d

AX370 Gaming K7 F3b

AB350 Gaming 3 F6d

AB350M Gaming 3 F3c

Overclock records :

AB350 Gaming 3 - 3942Mhz

AX370 Gaming 5 - 4091Mhz

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 329 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 05:25 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Tomorrow i will edit and update first post.. and first post on thread i today got my board wink.gif

post #3 of 329 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 09:08 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 14 (Unique: 10)
what was gigabyte thinking with the m2 placement on the 5. its in the worst possible spot. without a doubt that's going to choke a 950 / 960 pro ssd. especially when gaming. i would heavily consider putting the gpu on water if you're going to use this board along with a m2 nvme drive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 329 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 08:30 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Why ? i'm using sm951 m.2 and no problems.. however once when u install he staying there

post #5 of 329 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 09:00 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 13 (Unique: 12)
I bought a reference 1080 Ti more-or-less due to this.

The fact that the non-reference version cost even more, and $700 for a GPU was (I think) already a lot, played a big role too. tongue.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by muffins View Post

what was gigabyte thinking with the m2 placement on the 5. its in the worst possible spot. without a doubt that's going to choke a 950 / 960 pro ssd. especially when gaming. i would heavily consider putting the gpu on water if you're going to use this board along with a m2 nvme drive.

My Desktop
(9 items)
CPU
AMD 3900X
Motherboard
Asus Crosshair VII Hero
GPU
MSI 1080 Ti FE
RAM
16GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3600mhz CL14
Hard Drive
Samsung 960 Evo 1TB
Hard Drive
Western Digital Caviar Black 4TB
Power Supply
EVGA G3 1000W
Cooling
Noctua NH-D15S
Case
Fractal Define S (4X Noctua 140mm fans)
▲ hide details ▲
post #6 of 329 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 12:47 AM
New to Overclock.net

i just received my gaming 5 to replace my crosshair hero. i updated to f5d and i have to say the gaming 5 boots a lot faster than my previous crosshair did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zvonexp View Post

Why ? i'm using sm951 m.2 and no problems.. however once when u install he staying there
i'm concerned about temperatures. my 1080 ftw puts out a lot of heat.
post #7 of 329 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 02:45 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 5 (Unique: 5)
Quote:

It looks like some kind of mission when you have to pull it out. But other than that I'm not sure, honest. My case is one big cooler by itself biggrin.gif, and the windforce heat-sink on the gpu will pretty much blow some air on or around my 960evo. I'll let you know guys. And sure I'll mount the gpu on the x16 and x8 port to see if there is any difference between the two. I believe it will be marginal.

Macbook Pro 13 Retina US | Mid 2014 | 8GB | 256GB | El Capitan

Freebox Revolution | x2 7200.12 500GB

Canon G7X | Lumia 830
post #8 of 329 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 05:55 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 22 (Unique: 19)
Had that placement on my last gigabyte. It was hotter but only by a few degrees over at the bottom right of the board. Another placement would have been good but it's a non issue.
post #9 of 329 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 12:25 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:

i just received my gaming 5 to replace my crosshair hero. i updated to f5d and i have to say the gaming 5 boots a lot faster than my previous crosshair did.
i'm concerned about temperatures. my 1080 ftw puts out a lot of heat.

why ? there is no reason to be concerned.. it's ssd

post #10 of 329 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 02:28 PM
New to Overclock.net

LMoNnMYl.jpg

So almost done setting up my rebuild with the gaming 5. As mentioned earlier first thing I did when I first booted was update to f5d. inital impressions so far have been very pleasing and a nice alternative to the crosshair. compared to my crosshair hero, the gaming 5 has "worked out of the box." there are some immaturity with the bios in regards to features. unless i'm missing something, the inability to disable onboard audio or one of the secondary network cards. but right now I would rather have gigabyte focus on stability, compatibility, and performance. which appears to be their focus.

the board itself looks great and outside of those two low priority features i've mentioned, the bios has all the features I want. only thing I haven't tried yet is setting my ram to their rated speeds, but i'm going off a limb with the assumption it should work since its a single rank, 16gb, cas 14 3000mhz samsung gskill kit.

my 950 pro has been cool so far, but we shall see once I get a long bf1 session going. nevertheless, i ordered a pci-express m2 nvme adapter. regardless if I need it or not, its nice to have because I've been wanting to add in a second nvme drive.

edit:
so i set my ram to 29 multi, since 30 multi sets it to 32, 3200, and 29 sets it to 2933mhz. ryzen doesn't have a 3000mhz ratio, so i understand why. changed timing control to advance manual, set both a and b channels to 14-*(14)*-34, and dram voltage to 1.35v's and it ""appears"" to be working. we shall see lol.

edit #2:
memory performance at the same settings and kit is far better than on the crosshair. an extra 1GB in bandwidth in write, read, copy, and 6ns less latency in AIDA64. seems like gigabyte is doing better in the memory department. so far at least i'm pretty damn happy with the board.

edit #3:
after playing bf1 for about an hour, my 950 pro had a max of 60c with an average of 57c. so not to bad considering its underneath my 1080.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in