Hello, guys! Congrats for this awesome thread!
I had a problem with my X370-Pro. I can't go above 2666 MHz with my 3000 MHz memory, as so many others can't reach it, too. I know, that model RAM it's not in the X370-Pro QVL's. It's a Corsair Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M1B3000C15, 2x16GB, DDR4, 3000MHz, ver. 5.39(Hynix H5AN8G8NAFR-TFC). 2733-2800 MHz gives me black screen with no beeps. Manually set to 2933 MHz gives me 3-beeps with black screen.
At 2019/04/19, Asus support told me that "The AMD Ryzen 3 2300X should work with X370-Pro if you have at least AGESA 0070, but the RAM might not work at the design speed at the moment, because AMD still has some updates to release for complete features."
There is a screenshot of a 2300X CPU + X370-PRO with BIOS ver. 4011(AGESA 18.104.22.168a): https://www.overclock3d.net/news/cpu...on_geekbench/1
The strange thing is that, some guy obviously has no problem to run the same RAM even above 3000 MHz! Why He is able to reach 3000 Mhz - https://valid.x86.fr/a5ddmi
- Maybe his RAM has different Memory IC version?(not ver. 5.39(Hynix) like mine)?
- Maybe because He use X470-PRO and (CMK16GX4M1B3000C15(ver. 3.32(Micron)) is in the X470-PRO QVL)?
- Maybe because He use Ryzen 7 2700K?
I tried this tips with no success:
- set D.O.C.P. to 2733/2800/2933/3000 MHz
- manually set the speed to 2933/3000 MHz, without D.O.C.P.
- loosen the RAM timings
- swap memory slots(A1-B1/A2-B2)
- run with one stick(16 GB)
- raised the SOC voltage to 1.15/1.20 V
- raised the DIMM voltage to 1.35-1.36 V
- tried "RYZEN DRAM Calculator" several times with different settings, SAFE, FAST, etc, etc.
Wikipedia's "Memory Rank" page say this: "Too many ranks in the channel can cause excessive loading and decrease the speed of the channel. Also some memory controllers have a maximum supported number of ranks."
So, who is the culprit?
- the CPU
- bad SPD table
- memory chip vendor(Samsung, Hynix, Micron)
- Dual/Single rank
- Memory Controller
- X370 chipset limitation
It is good idea to sell my X370-PRO, buy X470-PRO and move my parts on it, to test whether X470-PRO will able to reach RAM speeds above 2666 MHz with CMK16GX4M1B3000C15, 2x16GB ver. 5.39(Hynix), or to wait if the ASUS maybe release a new BIOS in the future? There is only 267 MHz difference between 2933-2666 RAM, so a little bit tuning and tighten the latencies with 2666 is not a bad idea, instead to buy X490-Pro.
Can you suggest me a appropriate detailed BIOS values to try and giving last chance to my X370-PRO, to run 2800-2933 with that RAM?