My experience with the Asus PRIME X370-Pro - Page 974 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

My experience with the Asus PRIME X370-Pro

post #9731 of 9772 (permalink) Old 02-06-2020, 08:10 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Quote: Originally Posted by malakudi View Post
I have opened a support ticket with ASUS about 1.0.0.4 AGESA on X370 Prime Pro, because I really need a fix for IOMMU (Unknown PCI header type ‘127’ error) which only AGESA 1.0.0.4 carries. My other option is to flash back to 4207 with eeprom programmer, all versions between have this IOMMU issue. I asked them if the beta version is considered safe and when they plan to release an official version, because I don't really like to flash a beta version. Will let you know about their response.
Did you ever get a reply?

My System
(16 items)
CPU
Ryzen [email protected]
Motherboard
Asus X370 Prime Pro
GPU
Asus 1070ti Strix 2114/4300
RAM
Corsair 3000 [email protected]
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO
Hard Drive
Samsung 830
Hard Drive
Corsair MX300
Power Supply
Coolermaster V700
Cooling
Noctua DH-14(cpu)
Cooling
NZXT Kraken x62(GPU)
Case
Fractal Design Define R4
Monitor
Acer XB271HU
Keyboard
Steelseries 7g
Mouse
Logitech G403
Mousepad
Razer Goliathus Control
Audio
O2+ODAC
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9732 of 9772 (permalink) Old 02-07-2020, 03:13 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
ASRock releases Series 300 chipset mainboard Get AGESA 1.0.0.4 Patch B Firmware....Asus doesnt seems to give a flying F**k!
post #9733 of 9772 (permalink) Old 02-14-2020, 05:14 AM
New to Overclock.net

Random poblems with boot at every few starts

Hi. I have constant problem with my pc which I have been building for a month. On the beginning when I bought my mobo (like many people had) it didnt wanted to start ( only aura ligts was working, no beeps,etc). I tried with couple graphic cards ,then one type of ram, than another and then I read that it works with Gskill trident Z ram ( So I bought the 3200 rgb version and finally it booted up for first time). After that I updated bios to newest one because it had one of the oldest ( second or third version).
Then everything was ok, but the only problem that I still have with it, is that it dont want to boot after couple of starts. F.ex. I work on my pc and want to restart it for a minute, but instead of restart, beep and turn on, it just turn on aura lights and nothing else happends. After holding down the off button for a while it restarts with beep, I have to go to bios, save the configuration , restart and then it works again ( but the problem comes back until couple next starts). Do You know what can be the problem? It occurs at standard settings, after setting up ram on higher speed and after exact stable OC. It pass all stability tests on Prime95, AIDA64, OCCT and other programs but why it have this random boot up problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9734 of 9772 (permalink) Old 02-16-2020, 12:40 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote: Originally Posted by ObscureScience View Post
Did you ever get a reply?
Actually I did get some replies. First of all they deny that there is an issue with 5220 and PCI-E passthrough. Then they deny to provide beta 5406 themselves in order for me to be safe if something goes wrong. They finally deny to accept RMA due to BIOS issue and been unable to flash back in an "official" way, but they offer a flash back service costing 30 euro + VAT and shipment costs to their service center in Czech Republic (I am from Greece). So it would cost around 50 euros for just a flash back. They deny to do this for free although my motherboard is still under warranty.

I flashed 5406 beta after all and indeed fixes the pci-e passthrough issue. I have bought three ASUS motherboards the last 3 years (Prime X370 Pro, Prime X470 Pro and Prime TRX40 Pro) but I feel their support is not what it should be for a company like ASUS. I will consider a different company for my next purchase.
post #9735 of 9772 (permalink) Old 02-16-2020, 06:56 AM
>^o.o^<___/

Rep: 21 (Unique: 15)
Quote: Originally Posted by ruffpl View Post
random boot up problem?
It might be memory set too fast. Ensure the obvious VDDR 1.35V and installing DIMMs in sockets A2 and B2 (2nd and 4th from CPU). To check memory status make a batch file with the lines below and run it as administrator, then share the output.

@Echo off
color 0a
cls
ver
wmic cpu get name,currentclockspeed,currentvoltage
wmic baseboard get manufacturer,product
wmic bios get description,smbiosbiosversion,version
wmic memorychip get devicelocator,manufacturer,partnumber,speed
winsat mem
pause
post #9736 of 9772 (permalink) Old 02-16-2020, 07:43 AM
New to Overclock.net

yup

Quote: Originally Posted by 1TM1 View Post
It might be memory set too fast. Ensure the obvious VDDR 1.35V and installing DIMMs in sockets A2 and B2 (2nd and 4th from CPU). To check memory status make a batch file with the lines below and run it as administrator, then share the output.

@Echo off
color 0a
cls
ver
wmic cpu get name,currentclockspeed,currentvoltage
wmic baseboard get manufacturer,product
wmic bios get description,smbiosbiosversion,version
wmic memorychip get devicelocator,manufacturer,partnumber,speed
winsat mem
pause
i was thinking the same happened to me also. I think I resolved it by bumping up ram and/or soc voltage a notch. that or loosing tRCDRD one notch. its been a while so memory isn't that great.
post #9737 of 9772 (permalink) Old 02-16-2020, 11:46 AM
New to Overclock.net

ruffpl

Problem(temporarily) resolved by flashing 5220X moded bios/ there is no option such as "DRAM boot voltage"but for now everything works fine. After doing Aida64 one hour stability tests today, maximum I could get from my pc is 4GHz + 3200 on ram/ any attempts over it always results with error. Did someone passed this limit on 1800x?
post #9738 of 9772 (permalink) Old 02-17-2020, 03:40 AM
New to Overclock.net

So I'm still on a Ryzen 1700 with this ram: https://www.gskill.com/product/165/1...35V16GB-(2x8GB)..

What would be the best bios version to update to?
post #9739 of 9772 (permalink) Old 02-18-2020, 01:57 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 25 (Unique: 20)
Quote: Originally Posted by Evanus View Post
So I'm still on a Ryzen 1700 with this ram: https://www.gskill.com/product/165/1...35V16GB-(2x8GB)..

What would be the best bios version to update to?
Version 4207.

Greetings.

post #9740 of 9772 (permalink) Old 02-18-2020, 01:30 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by jacqlittle View Post
Version 4207.

Greetings.
Got it, thanks for replying!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in