Asrock X370 Taichi Overclocking Thread - Page 603 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Asrock X370 Taichi Overclocking Thread

post #6021 of 6102 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 07:59 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by thomasck View Post
I ways used WiFi no issues with ping lag etc. However the modem is 3m away only.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
Mine is less than 2meters away, while the powerline AP is about 7 meters away, on the next room, and it has a better signal!

Quote: Originally Posted by 5hogun View Post
Did it with my 1700. No noticeable difference compared to previous bios revisions. That said, I pretty much use all manual timings for my ram and OC using the CBS menu. Haven't played with my ram to see if it'll clock higher though.

I swapped out the Intel 3168 for a Intel 8265 from day 1. Specs wise, the 2x2 of the 8265 is much better. They're cheap enough at around $20-30 a pop at most and will offer much better performance.
It's always an option. I'm an ethernet boy, though.

TY both.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6022 of 6102 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 10:59 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 4 (Unique: 2)
Hi guys,

want to share the config i was using last couple of days on my 3700x. Giving me 4300-4275 on games like AC: Origins, Black Mesa or Rocket League.

Temps are averaging 60º with some strange spikes to 60 highs or 70 low, but decreasing 3s later. (Same behaviour on my old 2700X)

CPU Voltage Offset -0,05v
CPU LLC - Level 3

PBO = Manual

PPT 120
TDC 60
EDC 80

Scalar 10x

post #6023 of 6102 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 01:08 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 7 (Unique: 7)
Quote: Originally Posted by ljt View Post
Hi chaps

Have been following this thread since upgrading my CPU from 1600x to 3700x. Some really useful information, so thanks for that!

I've also been back and forth with AsRock tech support reporting the issues I was having, and trying out the beta bios's etc.

I mentioned the single core boost issue (i.e. not ever hitting 4.4Ghz on any core at any time during single core loads since AGESA 1.0.0.3).

They got back to me to say they are aware of this and can reproduce the problem on their test system, but have found out it is actually something in the AGESA that is causing it, and not their BIOS directly.

Their actual reply stated this;

So it looks like the issue is for AMD direct to sort (which I've also raised a support ticket about)
Thanks for the feedback yeah i pretty much thought it was on Amd's end not Asrock as its a issue a lot of users are having. What's odd is not everyone is having this issue currently on our boards which makes no sense unless we say are chips are not 100% the same as others and i'm not talking about silicon lottery
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6024 of 6102 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 01:29 PM
New to Overclock.net

One thing i noticed is even with PBO on and maxed out and my ram is at a high frequency our boards VRM is running cooler then a 2700X at stock lol.

This boards VRM is so overkill
post #6025 of 6102 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 01:29 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
I asked ASRock about some issues, and they got back to me with this:

Q- Max boost single core clock never hits 4.4 GHz.
A- Este é um problema conhecido do AGESA da AMD e a AMD ainda não forneceu uma solução para o problema. https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews...ysis,6253.html
(This is a known issue with AMD AGESA and AMD has not yet provided a solution to the problem.)

Q- PBO is broken. Clocks goes down when enabled.
A- A AMD não suporta a função PBO nos chipsets X370/B350/A320.
(AMD does not support PBO function on X370/B350/A320 chipsets).

Q- AutoOC is broken. Clocks goes down when enabled.
A- Por favor faça overclocks aumentando levemente a frequência para verificar qual a capacidade de overclock de seu processador.
(Please overclock slightly your processor frequency in order to verify your CPU overclock capacity).
post #6026 of 6102 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 01:36 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by brdtoledo View Post
I asked ASRock about some issues, and they got back to me with this:

Q- Max boost single core clock never hits 4.4 GHz.
A- Este é um problema conhecido do AGESA da AMD e a AMD ainda não forneceu uma solução para o problema. https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews...ysis,6253.html
(This is a known issue with AMD AGESA and AMD has not yet provided a solution to the problem.)

Q- PBO is broken. Clocks goes down when enabled.
A- A AMD não suporta a função PBO nos chipsets X370/B350/A320.
(AMD does not support PBO function on X370/B350/A320 chipsets).

Q- AutoOC is broken. Clocks goes down when enabled.
A- Por favor faça overclocks aumentando levemente a frequência para verificar qual a capacidade de overclock de seu processador.
(Please overclock slightly your processor frequency in order to verify your CPU overclock capacity).
PBO works for me but set AUTO OC to 0mhz.

Thanks for contacting Asrock i'm going to contact Amd and Asrock and see if maybe we can get this fixed. From what i seen Asrock created the perfect bios with what they had

Edit what do they mean by that last part overclock it how by the multiplayer that's a horrible way to squeeze more performance i would recommend maybe setting the bus speed to 101-103 instead. At 101 3 of my cores hit 4.4ghz now.

Picture down below proving PBO
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	31
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	288784  

Last edited by polkfan; 08-13-2019 at 01:48 PM.
post #6027 of 6102 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 01:53 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote: Originally Posted by polkfan View Post
PBO works for me but set AUTO OC to 0mhz.

Thanks for contacting Asrock i'm going to contact Amd and Asrock and see if maybe we can get this fixed. From what i seen Asrock created the perfect bios with what they had

Edit what do they mean by that last part overclock it how by the multiplayer that's a horrible way to squeeze more performance i would recommend maybe setting the bus speed to 101-103 instead. At 101 3 of my cores hit 4.4ghz now.
I would not believe on those answers (except the first one). It seems that this person doesn't know how BPO works on Ryzen 3000 and what AutoOC means.
post #6028 of 6102 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 02:49 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by brdtoledo View Post
According to AMD, the expected behaviour is 3.6 GHz / 0.950 V on idle and up to 1.5V on shorts spikes. That's what I've seen (5.80 / 3700X).
Same here, also running a 3700X with BIOS 5.80
post #6029 of 6102 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 02:51 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by polkfan View Post
I give in to iNeri set my bus speed to 101 now all core issues are fixed lol or wait hidden away haha in just 5min my PC is already boosting to 4.4ghz now.

PBO X10 auto OC at 0mhz(anything higher locks core speed to 4.3ghz) and now my bus speed at 101 hoping with samsung drives only and samsung b-die that its stable and doesn't crash my drives.
Really tempted to do the same but I have 3 SSDs and 4 HDDs running so really worried about getting data corruption or a drive crash :-/
post #6030 of 6102 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 02:53 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by cameronmc88 View Post
As you can see its in AMD CBS/NBIO and once again how crazy is this BIOS? 2-3 sections for the SAME **** haha

Agree on that, I really don't understand why there are 3 different places in the BIOS when it comes to memory where the same options are available. So confusing!

Last edited by Schussnik; 08-13-2019 at 03:47 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in