Asrock X370 Taichi Overclocking Thread - Page 645 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Asrock X370 Taichi Overclocking Thread

post #6441 of 6459 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 05:06 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 5 (Unique: 5)
Quote: Originally Posted by danisflying View Post
Are any of you guys completely hard capped at 4.5ghz on 3900x? Mine doesn't seem to touch any frequency above that which is quite concerning. Also I recently tested a ram overclock with HCI memtest and I reached about 6000 coverage (On all threads running for over 1000 hours) with 0 errors (3733 14-17-17-15), would this indicate stability? Or would it be safe to test further with other programs?

I ask this because I seemingly can only boot into windows about 25% of the time without needing to cut power and try again. Honestly I have had nothing but problems with both my board and this 3900x and at this rate I'm not sure if I could purchase a product from either of these companies ever again.
Yes I am. But I'm also running with fixed 1.23V. Sometimes it boosts to 4525MHz and that's it. When completely stock it used to boost to 4.6GHz here and there, but only 2-3 cores, and even 4.65GHz ONCE. But as I mentioned here before the temps are not great for me when using stock/auto voltage.

Regarding your ram, 6000% is considered stable, at least for me. Try running some games like bf1 bf5, they are good in catching any instability as well. You can always test it further but then you might get into the stable sickness and will basically waste your time instead of enjoying your system. Karhu is also a good test and takes less time than HCI.

This thingy of booting into windows about 25% of the time "sure" is something related to immature bios, ram, and timings all together. Also, as I mentioned here before I was having same trouble with booting up when my timings were too tight, most of the times I was losing all bios config, and once I set 16-16-16-16-58-86, a mix in between dram calc and xmp manual, I was able to solve this boot problem partially, and the write/read/latency is not much different than when I was trying to tight them. Now I can boot no problem 95% of the time, with a "trick" which consists in using the profiles.

1st sets fans to DC
2nd sets cpu vcore, ram voltage, soc and ram speed 3733
3rd sets the four first timings plus tRAS, and tRC
4th sets tRFC

And that's it. I'm running it without any problem, and I came from a 1800X (same rig) with TONS of problems along this two years I had it.

Yes it's a boring workaround, I know, but, as we don't have a polished bios for it, or as the construction of the board regarding ram/cpu does not help (bear what was said in the past about significant changes in ram tracing/routing in the new x570 mobos), that's my way to run the system instead of buying a new x570 mobo. Which is something I don't consider, honestly.
Besides this boot problem here and there, it's running absolutely flawless. Not a single freeze since then.

PCDEBAIANO
(7 items)
CPU
Ryzen 3900X
Motherboard
Taichi X370
GPU
AMD Radeon VII
RAM
HyperX Predator 4000
Cooling
3x360mm
Case
Lian Li o11d
Monitor
HANNspree HG324
▲ hide details ▲

Last edited by thomasck; 10-09-2019 at 11:37 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6442 of 6459 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 10:14 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 8 (Unique: 8)
Lol MSI even updated their 80$ B350 Tomahawk board with the newest bios, the board is setting in the closet cause i wanted to invest in Ryzen early on
post #6443 of 6459 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 06:11 PM
Stock is too casual~

Rep: 11 (Unique: 9)
Bad news guys ~ time for RMA
I'm victim of the "misterious E4" bricking error
Got a dead dead taichi
Spi flashers can't help ^^#

It looks to be the exact issue C6H users where having, after disabling SMT
Because that was the last thing i did and it matches up what C6H users where having before it got patched away
I can't so far figure my head around what actually dies, if it's a cpu thing or it's board related

Overall another little warning
Disabling SMT still kills boards . . .
Time to contact ASRock for support
It started first with Memory Channel errors, but after verifying it with another working kit
It can only be CPU or Board (both ?) related
* will need to find some more insight about what was the actual issue with people's multiple Crosshairs dying that way

Saddly even back to the shipped 2.30 via full SPI reflash ~ didn't do anything,
nor their advertised full board CMOS clear steps (battery, switch and button together) helped
Will try another board and update, rly don't want to wait the whole Taiwan delivery delay
Would be quite unlucky if it's the cpu ~ as it was lapped long time ago

EDIT:
Chipset get's very hot, even turned off without any flasher attached
which is very bizzare

Mojave#1 Ryzen Threadripper 1950x [email protected] ([email protected] with 105BLCK) + Liqtech 360 | ASRock X399 Taichi (3.23Beta) | G.Skill [email protected]3800CL14 | RX 580 Red Devil [email protected]/2200(micron) | Seasonic Focus Platinum | Samsung 960 EVO x2 & 860 Evo
Win#2 Ryzen 1700x @3.8 + Dark Rock 3 | X370 Taichi 1.0.0.3 ABBA by The Stilt (converted to X470) | Patriot Viper Steel (PVS416G400C9K)@3466C14 (64.2ns) | Hynix-MFR 3333CL14(72.5ns) / OLD | Gigabyte 970 G1 1595/1900(Hynix) | Samsung 850 Evo

Last edited by Veii; 10-09-2019 at 07:37 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6444 of 6459 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 10:42 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Veii View Post
Got a dead dead taichi

Because that was the last thing i did and it matches up what C6H users where having before it got patched away
I can't so far figure my head around what actually dies, if it's a cpu thing or it's board related

It started first with Memory Channel errors, but after verifying it with another working kit
* will need to find some more insight about what was the actual issue with people's multiple Crosshairs dying that way

nor their advertised full board CMOS clear steps (battery, switch and button together) helped
Will try another board and update, rly don't want to wait the whole Taiwan delivery delay

EDIT:
which is very bizzare
Good thing I never tried to disable SMT.
I love my threads

Ryzen gen.3
(6 items)
CPU
Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard
ASRock X370 Taichi
GPU
Palit GTX 1080 GameRock
RAM
Corsair Vengeance LPX
Hard Drive
Intel 760p
Case
Fractal Design Define R5
▲ hide details ▲
post #6445 of 6459 (permalink) Old 10-10-2019, 10:17 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 8 (Unique: 8)
I did turn off SMT before just recently thankfully this didn't happen Veil sorry that this happen to you.

Odd enough turning off SMT actually lowered my max boost by 25mhz haha which is why i turned it back on i thought my chip might have hit 4.4 with it off but i was wrong
post #6446 of 6459 (permalink) Old 10-10-2019, 02:30 PM
Stock is too casual~

Rep: 11 (Unique: 9)
Yea, it passed on normal reboots
But a 10h standby cold boot fully killed it
I'm only annoyed because it makes no sense to die - it purely makes no sense, even if anything bios related corrupts
At least CPU and both ram kits are fine , gpu too
While it looks like it broke all the dimm channels * confused *

Overall i'm gathering packaging together ~ did what i can to reborn it , but something triggered a full death
Something that is not bios related, as it got it's factory shipped 2.30 back
It just hangs up on either E4 = fully dead , or d2 & d3 = memory error . . .
There was so far only one issue from a user back in 2017

While i remember quite a lot of people perma bricked their Crosshair Hero 6 boards with the same unknown issue
Actually @elmor , do you remember anything on that particular issue , around mid 2017 - 2018 time
Quote:
Where disabling SMT killed many boards till it got patched away ?
still can't wrap my head around what happened
(cpu is fine, IMC is fine now on the old Toma, memory is fine)
~ i'm just confused
because no bios , doesn't matter which agesa, and doesn't matter if X370 or my working X470 backup
- didn't pass memory channel checks

Overall RMA'ing anything to ASRock is so far quite annoying
No direct support for european citizens, and their global RMA homepage is broken
Found some contact information to a distribution center in the Netherlands
Let's see how this story continues
I would love to understand what the he*k happened

Mojave#1 Ryzen Threadripper 1950x [email protected] ([email protected] with 105BLCK) + Liqtech 360 | ASRock X399 Taichi (3.23Beta) | G.Skill [email protected]3800CL14 | RX 580 Red Devil [email protected]/2200(micron) | Seasonic Focus Platinum | Samsung 960 EVO x2 & 860 Evo
Win#2 Ryzen 1700x @3.8 + Dark Rock 3 | X370 Taichi 1.0.0.3 ABBA by The Stilt (converted to X470) | Patriot Viper Steel (PVS416G400C9K)@3466C14 (64.2ns) | Hynix-MFR 3333CL14(72.5ns) / OLD | Gigabyte 970 G1 1595/1900(Hynix) | Samsung 850 Evo
post #6447 of 6459 (permalink) Old 10-10-2019, 07:00 PM
New to Overclock.net

Nice, there's going to be an update for HWiNFO64 that will show the core ranking

Ryzen gen.3
(6 items)
CPU
Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard
ASRock X370 Taichi
GPU
Palit GTX 1080 GameRock
RAM
Corsair Vengeance LPX
Hard Drive
Intel 760p
Case
Fractal Design Define R5
▲ hide details ▲
post #6448 of 6459 (permalink) Old 10-10-2019, 09:13 PM
New to Overclock.net

Overall RMA'ing anything to ASRock is so far quite annoying
No direct support for european citizens, and their global RMA homepage is broken
Found some contact information to a distribution center in the Netherlands happened
I've just RMAed my taichi to asrock 3 months ago from UK. Took a month to get another a replacement. Just followed instructions from their website.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

PCDEBAIANO
(7 items)
CPU
Ryzen 3900X
Motherboard
Taichi X370
GPU
AMD Radeon VII
RAM
HyperX Predator 4000
Cooling
3x360mm
Case
Lian Li o11d
Monitor
HANNspree HG324
▲ hide details ▲
post #6449 of 6459 (permalink) Old 10-10-2019, 10:38 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 335 (Unique: 147)
While i remember quite a lot of people perma bricked their Crosshair Hero 6 boards with the same unknown issue
Actually @elmor , do you remember anything on that particular issue , around mid 2017 - 2018 time
Depends on what problem exactly. The initial bricking of boards was because the EC update failed when increasing SOC Voltage (unrelated to this). I've seen problems internally with AMD boards where changing CBS options can cause the BIOS to be bricked, don't think that ever happened in public? Either way that should be solvable by using an external flash tool to overwrite the corrupted BIOS. The on-board USB BIOS Flashback may not be able to solve it, as it usually doesn't overwrite the entire BIOS but only some sections.
post #6450 of 6459 (permalink) Old 10-11-2019, 06:40 AM
MRx
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 1)
MRx

Got a dead dead taichi

EDIT:
which is very bizzare
Pull out 24 pin cable and then reset CMOS.

If that does not work -check on different CPU. CPU is ok, but some things could lead to failure in detection of it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in