[Bios Mod] Asus Prime X370-Pro | Asus Prime X470-Pro - Page 63 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Bios Mod] Asus Prime X370-Pro | Asus Prime X470-Pro

post #621 of 675 (permalink) Old 05-03-2018, 03:45 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 42 (Unique: 32)
Quote: Originally Posted by Reous View Post
Have you checked:
Advanced - AMD CBS - NBIO Common Options - Precision Boost Overdrive Configuration ?
There's PB with 4008 and 4011, it's not working great even with 2700x and has only one step but it's there and doing something. I guess it should be good enough if one doesn't want permanent OC. It also lets frequency drop to 2.1GHz.
I also just tried latest AI3 and let it optimize OC, it's up only to 4.1GHz although I can run permanent OC at 4.225GHz with great stability. Still doing more tests though.

Asus Prime x470 Pro BIOS 4602
R7 2700x. CM Nepton 140XL
2 x Kingston HyperX KHX3600C17D4/8GX
Samsung 960 Evo 250GB
Asus strix 570 OC 4gb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #622 of 675 (permalink) Old 05-03-2018, 04:01 AM - Thread Starter
..HWLuxx..

Rep: 37 (Unique: 19)
Quote: Originally Posted by fatboyslimerr View Post
I only have "Mode0" in NBIO Common Options. I will flash the 4008X BIOS and have a play.
I think in this case you also won't see this option in 4008X. You can try 1usmus his mod because he modded it in a "different" way.
post #623 of 675 (permalink) Old 05-03-2018, 09:51 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by Reous View Post
I think in this case you also won't see this option in 4008X. You can try 1usmus his mod because he modded it in a "different" way.
Thanks Reous. I see 1usmus has a modded 4011. I'm going to try official 4011 then try his modded version.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #624 of 675 (permalink) Old 05-07-2018, 06:08 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
I guess I'm the only person having good lock with the last update but be thankful it could be worse as you got people missing bios and the ability to bypass their no back flash crap with a Google search unlike msi which never warned me and left me with a warm paper weight as everything I tried couldn't play a single game of anything without crashing even after using bios defaults with default 2133 ram it would crash randomly in 1 out of 3 games, couldn't get tech support because they don't have email and couldn't sign up for online as all 3 methods of verifying my board failed to do so and telephone was during work hours so no go there and a couple weeks after getting an update they failed to warn me about no roll backs my motherboard fried out no way to RMA so i primed me an Asus prime-a which up until now didn't hold a candle to my msi bios v18 and possibly surpassed it as booting was tough on my msi that was the only setback. With the last Asus bios i may not get as high of benchmarks as the other board but everything runs smoothly to where it's an unnoticed difference. Ram finally up to advertised oc speed which timings look almost spot on with the timing i ended getting on the old board running it at 3466, achieving 124% on userbenchmark, prime 95 blend test 16 hours and never crashed because of anything but pushing the gpu too hard when i forgot to switch gaming profiles. I've learned a lot since then and I just want to know why everybody is so obsessed with oc the cpu when they do so well now days on their own? I did it for months in end trying to suck it to the Intel boys who trolled me for asking or trying to help others by pointing out ignorances and honestly as far as gaming if i slapped my 980 into my fx4300 the i doubt i would lose more than 15 frames max and having a 60hz 4k tv i got plenty more to spare as even in games such as rocket league and pubg I frame lock my card at 60fps and am able to running everything in ultra settings at 4k with mlaa aliasing with 125 or whatever max screen scaling is on pubg and I've never seen it hit 59 fps other than when loading into the match or menus. Ive had mine as high as 4.175 game stable 4.075 p95 stable with faster ram speeds and all that ended up giving me in the 2 games I'm currently glued to was a lousy 3-5 fps while the heat, voltage and overall stress i put on the machine was astronomical. Now I run stock clocks with boost and c-state both enabled with the ryzen balanced or performance power plan with the gpu frame locked at 60 as i want 4k not screen torn micro studdering blurry garbage that does a little better with camera shake but gets beaten in every other aspect pretty much. My 1600x never bottlenecks, scales up to 4090 on multiple cores while running the others at least at 3.596 under load and down scales into the the high 1ghz area when idle no problem and I got to say life has never been better i almost reset spending literally 100's of hours tweaking, modding, shaving timings, experimenting with all the features in different combos but at the same time a little piece of me really enjoys it and time tends to fly by. If you ask me i say anything over 3.8ghz with 2800ddr4 is unnoticeable in gaming and chances are if you just make a good gpu bios mod that takes your card to the 90% max limit mark on your gpu and don't have an expensive 240hz monitor you might as well just save your system and electrical bill all that torture and first try simply getting a software client for your card that will frame lock it to the true hz of your video source. I have an evga 980 ftw v1 and i use precision ocx only to frame lock gpu while the app doesn't do anything else as i feel bios oc is a better and proper form than software is. Honestly give the new bios a shot from default settings with the docp oc preset a try once with a -.0750 on cpu, regular loadlines for cpu/soc, 250 for the frequency wave, extreme for the power supply, boost enabled, c-state enabled, apache enabled, iommu disabled or enabled if you want makes no difference unless your running a vm, set memory interleaving to channel as that's the most common for ddr ram, leave the rest auto and save you might just be surprised at how much oc actually harmed or influenced your machine for the worse even though your benchmarks kept getting higher and higher before. Thanks ASUS for getting my Ryzen 1600x v1 running perfectly I'm now able to game worry free for years now without having to buy another 400 dollar console every 3 years that offer sub par gfx, gameplay, charge for online gaming and invade my privacy.
post #625 of 675 (permalink) Old 05-10-2018, 05:30 PM
New to Overclock.net

Am I able to flash your modded 4008 bios over a stock install of 4011?

Sorry to ask dumb questions but I went over a lot of pages and didn't see an answer.
post #626 of 675 (permalink) Old 05-10-2018, 10:39 PM - Thread Starter
..HWLuxx..

Yes you are. If possible i recommend to first flash the official 4008 before the modded.
Just follow the Readme.pdf
post #627 of 675 (permalink) Old 05-11-2018, 11:22 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 11 (Unique: 9)
I just installed bios 4011 on my board and it runs just fine. No problems at all. Stable and I can run my Ripjaws V DDR4 3200 CL14s at 3400 if I wish. No problems at all. This is a very nice board. Set it and forget it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Prime X370 Pro bios 4011 DDR4 3400.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	240.5 KB
ID:	183817  

My Daily Driver
(0 items)
▲ hide details ▲
post #628 of 675 (permalink) Old 05-12-2018, 06:56 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote: Originally Posted by zila View Post
I just installed bios 4011 on my board and it runs just fine. No problems at all. Stable and I can run my Ripjaws V DDR4 3200 CL14s at 3400 if I wish. No problems at all. This is a very nice board. Set it and forget it.
Can you post a screenshot from Ryzen Timing Checker with your timings at 3400 RAM?
post #629 of 675 (permalink) Old 05-16-2018, 05:39 AM
New to Overclock.net

hi
i installed 4008X (v1) and pstate overclock not work? i cant set it to do anything
after that i installed 4011, and check my mobo uuid and is already FFFFF.. how can i restore it?
post #630 of 675 (permalink) Old 05-16-2018, 05:49 AM - Thread Starter
..HWLuxx..

Hey, PState isnt working since Bios 3803. You have to use ZenStates. If you have already FFFF there is sadly no way to restore it. Only if you have an old screen with these numbers.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in