Asrock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac Motherboard - Page 12 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Asrock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac Motherboard

Old 11-12-2018, 05:14 AM
New to Overclock.net
Mahatma Ghandi Level 1

RAM OC

I spent some more time overclocking my RAM and got some really nice results:

Aida64

RTC:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2019, 10:49 AM
Old 01-06-2019, 03:08 PM
Kill Confirmed
speed_demon Level 1

Quote: Originally Posted by Moparman View Post
All I can say is ASRock has the absolute hands down best CS of any brand end of story. I have used them for years and have always had fast awesome service when I needed it.
Really? I had some issues with a new B350 Pro4 board earlier this year and I had a negative experience with ASRock's customer service. The box was labeled as ready for ryzen 2000 series but the board had an older bios installed so it wouldn't boot with a 2200G; CS wanted $50 minimum plus shipping for me to send them the board to have a new BIOS installed. I returned it to amazon and bought a Fatal1ty B350 board instead.

Maybe I caught them on an off day or something.

Also, out of curiosity what is agesa and how does it affect the mobo/CPU?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2019, 12:13 PM
New to Overclock.net
Hiki Level 1

Hi, I am running on an B350 Gaming-ITX/ac motherboard of Asrock, and still using Bios version 3.00 from 2017.
It's paired together with an AMD Ryzen R1600 and running ram.

Is there any real need to flash the most recent Bios onto the motherboard, are there any real additional features, improvements now since then that makes it worth updating?
Old 01-16-2019, 12:31 PM
Kill Confirmed
speed_demon Level 1

Quote: Originally Posted by Hiki View Post
Hi, I am running on an B350 Gaming-ITX/ac motherboard of Asrock, and still using Bios version 3.00 from 2017.
It's paired together with an AMD Ryzen R1600 and running ram.

Is there any real need to flash the most recent Bios onto the motherboard, are there any real additional features, improvements now since then that makes it worth updating?
Yes, huge improvements have been made on your motherboard with later BIOS revisions. Even at stock speeds the performance boost has been noted by many users. Upgrade ASAP!

Old 01-16-2019, 12:54 PM
New to Overclock.net
Hiki Level 1

Ok, ok, this is gonna be a bigger thing though, because for the most recent Bios version, I need to update my Windows 10 version to the most recent version and build as well, installing all the more or less unwanted crap.
Also updating the most recent All in one AMD driver package before of flashing the Bios a few times (according to the Asrock site, I need to go to the version 3.6 first).

I hope it will be worth the work, at least I want it to be as stable as it is now.

Edit: Browsed through the Asrock forum....now I am going to think twice before flashing the Bios, because the new chipset drivers including sound drivers, wireless lan drivers cause various problems that are reported on the forum.
Don't know if I should risk a running system.

Last edited by Hiki; 01-16-2019 at 01:12 PM.
Old 01-16-2019, 04:08 PM
Kill Confirmed
speed_demon Level 1

Where did you hear that you need to update windows in order to flash a newer BIOS? Does this have something to do with the windows BIOS flash utility?

Old 01-17-2019, 01:34 PM
New to Overclock.net
Hiki Level 1

Well, don't know the source anymore.

Anyways, there are few problems with the new BIOS or more like that the new BIOS requires you to install that AMD all in 1 with VGA driver ver.18.10.20_NHDA from Asrock which causes problems with the sound.

And the recent BIOS only works with that package it seems.

http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com/...very%20SOP.pdf

http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts....river-question

http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts....sound-problems

Users there say to download the 18.10.0830 chipset drivers. Seems to be the most stable one. Will try to find it, hope it is uploaded somewhere, and stay on the old BIOS...

Last edited by Hiki; 01-17-2019 at 01:37 PM.
Old 01-17-2019, 04:26 PM
Kill Confirmed
speed_demon Level 1

I have the newest BIOS and don't have the latest AMD all in 1 driver. I also use the latest chipset driver directly from AMD. My system works great with my first gen Ryzen processor. And I rely on my sound for FPS gaming so I wouldn't do anything to jeopardize the primary use of my PC.

Have you considered moving to the 4.30 bios that has the performance updates and doesn't state that it requires any other changes?

You certainly don't have to update anything if you don't want to, and you can always revert back to the old bios if you have trouble. But if it makes you uneasy, making no changes is always easier than updating to something new and regretting it.

Old 01-18-2019, 10:59 AM
New to Overclock.net
Hiki Level 1

I am quite the lazy one regarding updates. I see them as bothersome.
I updated my W10 version and build, installed the a more recent AMD chipset package, installed the new Nvidia driver, run through some benchmarks, and got about the same score (a little bit worse even).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in