Asrock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac Motherboard - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Asrock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac Motherboard

Old 07-21-2017, 05:11 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
Paradigm Shifter is on a distinguished road Paradigm Shifter is on a distinguished road Paradigm Shifter is on a distinguished road

I just had mine arrive today for a mini-ITX build around a Ryzen 1700 and GTX1070.

There are no BIOS updates posted on Asrocks' site yet but was wondering if anyone else had their hands on this board? I'll be taking some pictures tomorrow as I put my system together, might do a quick overview of the whole thing. Ended up going for this because I've heard less than inspiring stuff about the Biostar board, which is the only other one I would have been able to get my hands on.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2017, 06:49 AM
Linux Lobbyist
jugs Level 1

The BIOS updates do seem to be posted?

http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/Fatal1ty%20X370%20Gaming-ITXac/index.us.asp#BIOS

TR Workstation
(8 items)
Intel Gaming Rig
(7 items)
CPU
Threadripper 1950x
Motherboard
Asrock X399 Taichi
GPU
XFX Vega 64
RAM
GALAX HOF DDR4-3600
Hard Drive
Samsung 960 EVO
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G3
Cooling
Custom Loop
Case
Cougar Panzer-S Black ATX Mid Tower
CPU
Motherboard
Asus ROG STRIX Z370-I
GPU
Sapphire Radeon RX VEGA 64
RAM
G.SKILL F4-3600C15D-16GTZ
Hard Drive
Samsung 960 EVO
Power Supply
Corsair SF600
Cooling
Fractal Design Celsius S24
▲ hide details ▲
Old 07-25-2017, 12:56 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
Paradigm Shifter is on a distinguished road Paradigm Shifter is on a distinguished road Paradigm Shifter is on a distinguished road

Interesting. When I built my system at the weekend (22nd/23rd) there still weren't any posted. Although I admit I didn't look on Sunday as I was stress testing.

Well, I'm running 2.10 and it seems pretty stable and full-featured. The last time I saw this many option for RAM timings on a motherboard was my DFI X48 T2R (something-or-other)!

edit: Some pics will be heading in when I get the time to crop them down a little.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2017, 02:52 AM
Gmt
New to Overclock.net
Gmt Level 1

Hi guys, I have a similar board the "ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac" coupled with a Ryzen 5 1600. It is running the latest Bios 3.00 released on 7/24/2017.
I would say the Bios is pretty spartan, the OC options seem a bit limited, for example when you choose Manual it changes both fields for Frequesncy and voltage, I would of liked to have the voltage kept auto and be able to change it independently, for guidance first at an overclock to be able to see what the mb is setting as voltage first when you modify the frequency.
Secondly seem like the software F-StreamTuning is not able to overclock the processor due to the fact is not an X model, which is strange as all Ryzen's are advertized as unlocked. Also the fan tuning feature is "tuning" the fan attched to cha_fan2, in the end it sets for all percentages the same value ~ 1350 rpm. This makes the noise a bit annoying, especially knowing that the fan was working ok with pwm on the previous board. And due this the cha_fan2 seem to not be able to control the 4 pin pwm fan, it just runs at full speed no mather what setting I select in BIOS FAN Control, "Silent", "Standard", "Performance". Third the cmos reset switch is a bit badly placed as it is completely covered by the videocard so if your overclock breaks the mobo you have to competelly disassemble it in order to reach to it.

Best regards
Old 07-28-2017, 11:26 PM
New to Overclock.net
xSneak Level 1

Does anyone know how to set LLC and check soc voltage on this motherboard?

CPU
Core i9 9900K 5.2Ghz HT Disabled
Motherboard
Asrock z370 Gaming-ITX/ac
GPU
EVGA 1080Ti Black SC
RAM
CMK32GX4M2F4000C19
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 Evo m.2 nvme
Power Supply
Silverstone 800w sfx-L
Cooling
240mm + 280mm Slim radiators
Case
Fractal Define Nano S
Operating System
Windows 10 64bit
▲ hide details ▲
Old 07-28-2017, 11:30 PM
New to Overclock.net
fil1p Level 1

Happy to see more AM4 ITX boards coming out! Did you get a chance to OC your CPU yet? If so, how does the board handle OCs, do the VRMs stay cool?

Old 07-29-2017, 12:38 PM
Gmt
New to Overclock.net
Gmt Level 1

Yep ,easy peasy, set voltage to 1.3250 and freq to 3800 and went straight out of the box. Under load 60 C idle 30 C. Will shoot for 4 GHz shortly.
Old 07-30-2017, 11:54 AM
New to Overclock.net
Ricdeau is an unknown quantity at this point Ricdeau is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSneak View Post

Does anyone know how to set LLC and check soc voltage on this motherboard?

There is no LLC control on this board. If you control the Vcore manually then SoC is set to 1.1v (1.087v in Windows) and you can make adjustments with SoC offset in 35mV increments. When Vcore is set to auto I'm not sure how much it fluctuates, but mine was reading 0.8xx in Windows at stock.

So far I'm not impressed with the ASRock or the Gigabyte ITX boards. I started out with the Gigabyte which was the only one in stock at the beginning of the month. It has pretty sparse BIOS options, but I could not not control my Vcore and multiplier from BIOS (bug that seems to affect people randomly across all vendors and isn't CPU/motherboard specific) and could overclock with Ryzen Master. So then I got the ASRock X370 and again BIOS are a bit sparse, but I could manually overclock. Between the two they trade blows as to what one has that the other doesn't. The Gigabyte is better at handling higher speed RAM and has LLC controls (even with highest LLC option the voltage regulation is erratic). The ASRock has P State overclocking options, a few slightly more robust BIOS options (if memory serves), and slightly better voltage regulation.

Also apparently there's two different style MOSFET heatsinks on the ASRock. One is a full aluminum heatsink with a normal thermal pad. The other is a cut down heatsink that is on some standoffs with a huge thermal pad. I haven't seen conclusive temperature measurements on the one with the really think pad so I don't know it fares. At first people were upset about the lackluster heatsink on the Gigabyte, but the ASRock might not be much better if you got the one with the huge thermal pad.

Images were pulled from a thread over on the SFF forum:

My X370 has the one with the huge thermal pad. Sounds like it's a mixed bag if ASRock will replace the heatsink for you as well. The early adopter woes...

Edit - I forgot to mention that for anyone that wants to set up a custom PWM fan curve that the system's CPU reading is vastly different than the reading you get with the Tdie value in HWinfo which AMD has said is the most accurate temp reading. Idle reading for the CPU temp from the motherboard's sensor is usually just a degrees higher than my idle Tdie which is fine in my opinion, but under load there is a substantial difference of about 15C. So keep that in mind when setting up your fan curves. A quick test on my system under heavy load shows Tdie at a high of 65C and motherboard CPU temp high reading of 50.5C.

Old 07-31-2017, 01:31 AM
New to Overclock.net
Hiki Level 1

I hope they continue bringing updated BIOS versions even for the boards now.
Who knows whether they will support Zen2 with the 1st gen boards....
If not, then using the same socket doesn't change the fact that you gotta buy a new board.
Old 08-02-2017, 03:11 PM
New to Overclock.net
MadOver Level 1

For sure, AMD wouldnt make a big mistake of having their base go with additional costs of updating their cpus considering Zen2 shouldnt be much different from the original Zen.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in